Sign in to follow this  
Garry_hippo

I believe it would be a wise idea to remove this rule

Section 6 - Independent Rules

1. As terrorists, Independents are permitted to kill BLUFOR, OPFOR, and PMC on sight.

2. Independents are required to roleplay as Mujahideen Jihadists - religious extremists.

3. Independents are permitted to beat, rob, and harass civilians who do not claim to be Muslim.

4. Independents are permitted to take control over a small area and impose laws on civilians within.

5. Sniping or attacking a checkpoint is permitted however once cleared, they are required to take control of the checkpoint or move on.

6. Civilians may only be killed as part of a planned terror attack, if they do not follow direct orders, or if they pose a lethal threat (i.e firing or pointing a weapon at you or otherwise actively trying to kill you).

7. Independents are free to reign terror anywhere on the map with the exception of safezones.

8. Mortars and artillery can only be used during war and may not be fired into Rasman or Feruz Abad.

(The highlighted red should be removed. We had someone come on the server and highly abuse this rule, he was rdming every unarmed civilian he saw claiming that it was part of his planned terror attack. Staff couldnt do anything about it even though they wanted too. This rule should either be removed or changed to be much more specific for specific circumstances.)

Big fat -1

Why remove it? It just means every civ who gets caught up as collateral damage can bitch and moan and drag people into TS. Civilians are usually the main casualty in a terror attack in real life....

There's a big difference between catching a few civs in a roadside bombing aimed at a Blufor convoy and just RDM'ing. Also I find it hard to believe that staff "couldn't" do anything about someone mass killing for no reason.... They aren't that slack....

Im in the middle here... I think there should be a cooldown on said terror attack like there is on CP suicide bombings/ kinda like an NLR thing. But I do feel like civilians being collateral damage is a good thing as said from Smidge.

Edited by Fakie

Any competent staff member should see through someone abusing a rule. That is not an excuse to RDM, that only serves as a collateral damage rule.
A planned terror attack is an attack on BLUFOR or OPFOR, civs can only be killed by collateral damage and not a straight up attack on the civilian population.

Feel free to make a report on the forums, I'll make sure it's looked into.
https://tlx-gaming.com/forum/15-player-reports/

• Like 1

I don't see this being as big of an issue as you might think. All of our staff should know what is considered a "Planned terror attack" and what isn't. Role-playing only goes so far in Arma before it gets out of hand and defeats the purpose of Takistan life. This is still a game, not real life so anyone claiming "Oh but terrorists do just run around killing everyone randomly" is not a valid excuse. 

I find it hard to believe our staff didn't do anything about it, maybe there were more details that you didn't know about? If you feel like that staff member should've handled the situation differently, speak with higher level staff members when it happens or just file a player report on the website as Captain has said. 

In my opinion, A Planned Terror attack is focusing on a certain part of the map. EG: I like to get an MI-8 and attack Rasman over and over again, That's a Terror attack.

Not running around and killing everyone you see. That's plain and simple RDM.

I was yelled at once for Killing a Civ 200m away from Rasman as That was not my Terror area.

So I'm not sure what staff that was but Does not sound like any staff I have ever spoken to.

• Like 1

Captain What I mean is when you are strafing Rasman and a civ is standing there. You have no control as from the cockpit you cannot see him or it is too late, So from what I have been told is if you are doing a planned terror attack where you are targeting a certain place and you cannot see the civs that is perfectly fine. 

12 hours ago, Captain said:

A planned terror attack is never allowed to target unarmed and innocent civilians.

To the contrary... a planned terror attack is the only time that unarmed/innocent civilians can be targeted.

6.6 Civilians may only be killed as part of a planned terror attack, if they do not follow direct orders, or if they pose a lethal threat (i.e firing or pointing a weapon at you or otherwise actively trying to kill you).

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 2

You guys dont believe me but look here (recent) 

this stuff is happening. The RDMrs in this guys' video were the exact same guys who i was talking about in my initial post. These guys play all the time and use the "planned terror attack" excuse to get away with everything. Noone activates this rule except for these guys. You guys say you dont believe me when I say that staff havn't been able to stop these RDMers, but look in this guys post ^. The exact same thing happened to him where staff weren't able to do anything. OKay, the rule shouldnt be deleted, but the rules are not specific enough on what is considered a planned terror attack. It does not say that planned terror attacks can only be against opfor and bluefor, and that civs can only be collateral. As of now, the rules let indeps technically rdm unarmed civs whenever they want, as the rule isnt specific enough. I think i speak for the majority when I say that civs should not be allowed to be rdmed whenever they want, no matter how 'realistic' it may be. This rule needs to be changed to stop these trolls.

Edited by Garry_hippo

On 3/29/2018 at 4:52 PM, Winters said:

I don't see this being as big of an issue as you might think. All of our staff should know what is considered a "Planned terror attack" and what isn't. Role-playing only goes so far in Arma before it gets out of hand and defeats the purpose of Takistan life. This is still a game, not real life so anyone claiming "Oh but terrorists do just run around killing everyone randomly" is not a valid excuse. 

I find it hard to believe our staff didn't do anything about it, maybe there were more details that you didn't know about? If you feel like that staff member should've handled the situation differently, speak with higher level staff members when it happens or just file a player report on the website as Captain has said. 

Staff couldnt do anything about because it is technically WITHIN the rules. Yes staff knows what is considered a "Planned terror attack" but alot of these trolls/rdmers whip out the rule book like its the friggen Constitution. They always bring up the point that the rules technically allow their behavior (due to it's unspecifics), and staff obviously cant do anything about it once this card is pulled.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.