Now something like this used to not necessarily be a problem, as there was until now no real way to become a supporter after Bohemia's demonetization policy, but I still feel it's something that should be brought up: The AA-12.

The AA-12 Shotgun in Arma 2's PMC expansion is one of the most overpowered infantry weapons to ever make it into the game. The reason for this, aside from the obvious, is the fact that while you can use pellets and slugs in such a weapon, which are already quite dangerous in the hands of anyone that knows how to peak, there's ammunition for it so dangerously Overpowered that it can single-handedly take down any armored vehicles (given enough time). This of course, is the 'High-Explosive' ammunition. HE rounds function similarly to slugs, but has an effective range of 600m on top of brandishing a very high accuracy. Each slug functions as a grenade would, and has roughly the same power. This round can devastate Light tanks in a single mag, medium tanks in 2-3, and heavy tanks in only 7. Which is absolutely insane for a foot-soldier's primary weapon. 

This weapon is currently sold by the Supporter weapons dealer accessible only by BLUFOR, and is clearly too powerful to be used by even VIPs, as the firepower is simply to great.

Don't believe me? Well I figured you wouldn't. So I set up a few favorite tanks of friends of mine and tested them against the power of the AA-12 in the attached files. Keep in mind how much ammo I have spent in the top right corner as the images progress: In case you weren't counting, that's; M6 Linebacker = 3 magazines, M113 = 1 magazine, BMP-2 = 3 magazines, M1A2 TUSK = 8 magazines. 

So in closing, I believe that not just the AA-12 HE rounds should be removed from any and all vendors, but the AA-12 itself as it is simply too powerful for the game, let alone our server.

20180529192024_1.jpg

20180529192054_1.jpg

20180529192100_1.jpg

20180529192112_1.jpg

20180529192729_1.jpg

20180529192911_1.jpg

20180529192918_1.jpg

20180529193022_1.jpg

• Like 2

This conversation has happened many times now and nothing has been done in the past 

Has it really? It would be easy to remove it from a single vendor's sell list compared to many other changes I can think of. It's just grossly unfair that now that supporter can be attained by anyone with time, that Blufor can have access to something this ridiculous. A TUSK in EIGHT magazines is very excessive.

It isn’t just Blufor that has access to it, if I recall independents and opfor do as well. It has been brought up ONCE before in another topic. There has never been a problem throughout the history of TLX with this weapon until now. As far as the images go, I see there are 20 rounds per mag, I don’t find that 160 explosive rounds destroying a tusk excessive...if you can’t find that person after 100 shots, there is a major problem. It will not be removed, but I can possibly up the price of the HE ammo on it.

I think an increase in price of the weapon and its ammunition would be a suitable compromise. I honestly think its too cheap at $500,000.

This weapon is available to supporters of Independent's, I use the gun and the ammo in question a lot, due to its potential and price when compared to buying an rpg-7 on top of a primary weapon. Even the pellets are still devastating on soft/unarmored targets. 

160 rounds from a gun isn't excessive when put to the test against the most powerful tank on the server though? I had no clue it was available to other factions, but that still doesn't change my personal opinion. If you won't remove the AA-12 itself, you should at least consider taking out the HE. 160 pellets DESTROYED the Tusk, I had invincibility on, and was checking it after every mag. 1 mag made turret tracks greenish yellow, 2 mags made engine green-yellow and tracks/turret yellow, 3 mags made the hull greenish-yellow, turret/tracks orange and engine yellow, 4 mags immobilized the vehicle entirely. The vehicle blows up when engine or hull reaches red, not taking into account the other factors of the vehicle. Destruction is just the point of no return. Are you really going to suggest 80 rounds from the gun immobilizing a side-skirt M1A2 isn't simply excessive?

Though for a gun of this magnitude, I'd say the weapon itself should be worth 800-900k, and the HE rounds 40-50k per mag. That might just be enough to discourage the use of something this crazy.

Edited by Volk
Compromise.

Another Edit: Apparently people have read this and now Rasman is completely wiped off the face of the Earth.... You definitely gotta do something about this now that the secret's out, or it will be a big problem. My apologies for exacerbating this.

• Confused 2

lol what secret, and the aa12 don't do anything to buildings. rasman was blown up by thot setting off ieds, and the cops shooting missiles and grenades at people.

I was this gun though. Staan blew half the city down with the gun when Bogus and I went up there with a DshKM technical. Guy tore down 5 buildings before we died. I guess I'm just a minority voice on this, though. It's a secret to people just starting up, maybe not vets. People also forget about this, as I have. Just saying supporter being open again may make this a big problem in the future, but like I said... Minority voice. I'll take whatever comes, I suppose. Just very annoying spending 5 mil only to have that be squandered by small arms.

41 minutes ago, Volk said:

I was this gun though. Staan blew half the city down with the gun when Bogus and I went up there with a DshKM technical. Guy tore down 5 buildings before we died. I guess I'm just a minority voice on this, though. It's a secret to people just starting up, maybe not vets. People also forget about this, as I have. Just saying supporter being open again may make this a big problem in the future, but like I said... Minority voice. I'll take whatever comes, I suppose. Just very annoying spending 5 mil only to have that be squandered by small arms.

i didn't even play cop, i was independent, your incorrect on your story on many levels. Like i said the buildings were destroyed by thot using bombs as civ terror, and the cops shooting rockets, and using strykers with grenade launchers.

man its really hard to take down tusk becouse your shooting him and you you have to waste 8 mag on him and he will never spot your position :D thats impossible.

If you can't see the enemy after 100 shots,it's not the gun but you.

But on the other side you can disable tracks on Bradley with 14 hits,and not even ai gunners can respond that fast.A price increase should be enough to stop the spam.

• Like 3

I've used this gun and fought against it. It's not overpowered at all, like any gun if used correctly by the right person can cause havoc otherwise it's mediocre at best. There'll be rare chances where you'll be able to even use the aa-12 on an abrams or any other heavy vehicle. 
yall just really suck.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Roque said:

I've used this gun and fought against it. It's not overpowered at all, like any gun if used correctly by the right person can cause havoc otherwise it's mediocre at best. There'll be rare chances where you'll be able to even use the aa-12 on an abrams or any other heavy vehicle. 
yall just really suck.

The first time I picked it up and fired it once it landed near him and he died, it’s seriously unfair.

15 minutes ago, Pearse said:

The first time I picked it up and fired it once it landed near him and he died, it’s seriously unfair.

Explosive rounds will do that

• Dislike 1

the AA-12 its self is fine its the danm HE rounds that are the problem and something needs to be done about it either removed or price goes  up and most people who use the AA-12 have atleast 100mil in their bank so its easy for them to spam a weapon 

7 hours ago, Roque said:

Explosive rounds will do that

Can’t you see a gun that 1 hits someone without you even aiming at them is slightly op

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pearse said:

Can’t you see a gun that 1 hits someone without you even aiming at them is slightly op

like handheld grenade launchers, armed heli with ai, zu23, any he rocket, ied, remote bomb, suicide vest, most tanks, etc

2 hours ago, staan said:

like handheld grenade launchers, armed heli with ai, zu23, any he rocket, ied, remote bomb, suicide vest, most tanks, etc

grenade launchers have a set fire rate and dont fire as fast as the AA-12 and most things  youve mentioned their are either costly or a 1 time use and cant be spammed as much as the AA-12 

1 hour ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Nade launchers cant be spammed...... LOL.

This post is going nowhere, much like the last one.

Sorry to disagree smidge but the mk19 on the humvee or stryker can. Seen it just a bit ago leveling most or rasmen. But yes derailed topic is derailed.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.