Sign in to follow this  
Fr. Rodriguez

Server is going downhill

Hi all, I doubt all of you are going to agree with me on this, but the server is really going downhill in my opinion. I feel as that @Giovanni needs to get this new mission file uploaded and to do the stat wipe in order for numbers to increase and for their to be much better RP.

It is also bad to see a lot of the senior staff disappearing and resigning. This has a knock on effect on actual members as some members create good bonds with the staff, but if they see a staff member go, they may not be as inclined to play on the server (They may have some in-game banter when a particular staff member appears on). 

In order to retain a "good" server status, I am inclined to believe the following must happen:

• Stat wipe (as soon as possible, many people have maxed their accounts) - would be nice to see this done as soon as possible
  • Retraining of staff members (ensure that each staff member follows their own protocols and ensure that senior staff are managing lower ranked staff)
  • Uploading the new mission file (even if it is "in-complete" at least upload something that is playable and different - you can always upload a newer version at a later stage)
  • Providing a quality RP experience with less "meta-gaming". Stop using players names and go with "what is your name/show me your ID" etc - while playing as Blufor and dealing with a civilian". 

1. Yes
2. no? they are not parents to be regularly checking on them
3.  mission file doesnt need to be updated its fun 
4. this server wasnt never a RP extreme server, take everything with a grain of salt

ALSO stop with the shit that the server is going downhill, under 10+ people in a arma2 server is good enough, the issue is that arma is a dying game, updates wouldnt make it anyhow more better

1 minute ago, Searnoix said:

1. Yes
2. no? they are not parents to be regularly checking on them
3.  mission file doesnt need to be updated its fun 
4. this server wasnt never a RP extreme server, take everything with a grain of salt

ALSO stop with the shit that the server is going downhill, under 10+ people in a arma2 server is good enough, the issue is that arma is a dying game, updates wouldnt make it anyhow more better

The point of having senior staff is normally to "manager" other staff and ensure they are doing their duties... Its called a hierarchy.

The mission file does need to be updated as their isnt exactly anything unique and we were promised a new mission file months back.

It doesnt need to be an "RP extreme server". But its silly being able to light up a vehicle because you "meta-game" it and see its an Indep. Why not go with a more role playing situation such as letting the indep drive their vehicle towards Rasman or a checkpoint and begin to ask other faction members to identify the vehicle.

And it is a fact that the server is going down... If its under say 13 people, it can be really shitty. You need good numbers especially for Blufor and Civ followed by Indep and then Opfor. Not having enough people means that factions wont exactly be able to engage with each other which results in it being "boring".  

29 minutes ago, Searnoix said:

dead or active still good server

Wouldn't call it good, personally, more like "okay". 

Edited by Fr. Rodriguez

5 hours ago, Searnoix said:

fuck no, you need like 30+ for an rp server, but its not an issue the server gets 25+ during weekdays now and on weekends its got 40+ me and my buddy are hopping on rn and it'll make it 50 players

and I agree with everything you said besides the show me your id piece because nobody will follow it and no way to enforce it, and I don't think it's going downhill just more of like flatlining yk like staying the same.

+1

• Like 1

I've unlocked this, I don't see an issue with the discussions and opinions that people want to share on this matter, although I will be inclined to merge any new threads on the same topic with already existing ones.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

I've unlocked this, I don't see an issue with the discussions and opinions that people want to share on this matter, although I will be inclined to merge any new threads on the same topic with already existing ones.

You don't see an issue that there are 2-3 other topics discussing the SAME thing? Thats a problem if you don't..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unknown said:

You don't see an issue that there are 2-3 other topics discussing the SAME thing? Thats a problem if you don't..

Discussing the same thing, possibly, just in a different manner though.

19 hours ago, Jake Thompson said:

f15ded5c2ec1a4096b665fe91230d474.png

Yes its dying

That was on a weekend night? It would be nice to see a constantly flow of say 20 during the day both in American and European times. 

16 hours ago, Unknown said:

Every topic has something unique or different, and obviously if multiple people are talking about issues as you said yourself, shouldn't you fix it or maybe supply some helpful feedback to your community instead of locking topics?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hordan said:

Every topic has something unique or different, and obviously if multiple people are talking about issues as you said yourself, shouldn't you fix it or maybe supply some helpful feedback to your community instead of locking topics?

When they are all talking about the same thing there is no need to have multiple topics. If I could fix everything in the snap of a finger, trust me I would but I can’t since I don’t have access to the VPS to do anything that everyone is CONSTANTLY complaining about.

On 4/14/2018 at 9:50 AM, Fr. Rodriguez said:

Hi all, I doubt all of you are going to agree with me on this, but the server is really going downhill in my opinion. I feel as that @Giovanni needs to get this new mission file uploaded and to do the stat wipe in order for numbers to increase and for their to be much better RP.

It is also bad to see a lot of the senior staff disappearing and resigning. This has a knock on effect on actual members as some members create good bonds with the staff, but if they see a staff member go, they may not be as inclined to play on the server (They may have some in-game banter when a particular staff member appears on). 

In order to retain a "good" server status, I am inclined to believe the following must happen:

• Stat wipe (as soon as possible, many people have maxed their accounts) - would be nice to see this done as soon as possible
  • Retraining of staff members (ensure that each staff member follows their own protocols and ensure that senior staff are managing lower ranked staff)
  • Uploading the new mission file (even if it is "in-complete" at least upload something that is playable and different - you can always upload a newer version at a later stage)
  • Providing a quality RP experience with less "meta-gaming". Stop using players names and go with "what is your name/show me your ID" etc - while playing as Blufor and dealing with a civilian". 

1 - Yes

2 - Staff come and go, such is the way of the world. A new staff team can sometimes be a good thing as long as properly implemented. People not playing because of an old staff member leaving is just outlandish. Its not hard to make new acquaintances.

3 - Never, Never, ever suggest an incomplete un-tested mission file. Please in the love of god and all that is holy in this world. Anyone who's done actual development for arma 2 oa and 3 and I'm not talking about the copy and past script kiddie level stuff. Writing actual code. From scratch, not just plug and chugging numbers to get something to kinda work sometimes and kinda not work other times. That would be the best way to kill the server as it currently stands. (By essentially breaking it) 

4 - A quality role playing experience directly correlates with the people role playing. Admins don't have much control over this unless they ban everyone who doesn't rp "the way its supposed to be done. A white list may fix this issue, however at the same time it may also kill the server population as a whole. If a white list is implemented,  I wouldn't per-say make people apply and wait for admins to yay or nay. You could just have them take a simple rule test for the faction they wish to play on before giving them perms in TS.  There are many free use websites in which this can be done.  I'd say a good score is 85 percent or higher. It would actually force people to read and understand the rules or at the minimum, search for them. 

@@ ALL feedback is greatly appreciated @@ This is the last taki life server on one of the best games of our generation. Its up to us, the community to fix this. 

Thanks, Nade.  Would you like to know more?

Edited by Nade'N'Praise

1 hour ago, JumpyWizard said:

ee0660cc690f8d9d0393488210bae42c.png this is right now

SERVER IS DYING BOYS SEE YA ON ALTIS LIFE

Dude atlis life is so fucking aids. 

• Like 1

servers fine.

Blufor has squeakers that don't know how to cop but some are ok, and opfor that uses the server ai to do all the shooting, but roleplay is still to be had if you actually do it. 

20 hours ago, Unknown said:

When they are all talking about the same thing there is no need to have multiple topics. If I could fix everything in the snap of a finger, trust me I would but I can’t since I don’t have access to the VPS to do anything that everyone is CONSTANTLY complaining about.

so how do we get you access?

2 minutes ago, Hordan said:

tell him give you it

Seems like a lot of trust would be required for that lol.

6 minutes ago, Roque said:

Seems like a lot of trust would be required for that lol.

maybe so, but perhaps unknown can bring peace, prosperity, happiness, and change to our beloved server.

Think of unknown as Superman, and Giovanni and the server like the united states 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.