Pickles

This server needs help

The server is dying, lets start with the teamspeak. Everyone is leaving because they get rdmed or someone breaks the rules, effecting so called player, and nothing happens to the person who broke the rules. The couple times that I have gone to the help room for this reason either no administration is online to help, or only high up administration is on and are "busy", or 3rd option, you do get help, but the person who broke rules does not get punished. Why even have a help room? I got killed by an indie as a civ and lost about 3 mil worth of gear, went to the help room and the indie refused to pay(even tho he had 55mil) so they kind moderator ( I forget your name sorry) decided he would comp me. But the most he could do was give the indie a strike? What's the point? They get a strike for a week or so, then it goes away and  they do the same exact thing and get away with it again. ALSO, the server needs an update bad if it wants to survive. Idk when this server started but it is way behind technologically than all the other taki life servers and other life mods in Arma 2 that died months, even years ago. There are barely ever any opfor on because why should they be? NO ONE goes to the south and if they do its for 10 seconds and they get shot by opfor for not pulling over. There is nothing to do in the south either. So opfor just sits at check points with huge armored vehicles making it impossible to even do anything in the south if a civ even wanted to, being that there is basically only illegal things to do in the south. Also, no one even tries to figure out the situation, they just immediately go COMP, COMP, COMP. Another example, I was playing blufor and was about to snipe an insurgent, when another officer walks directly in front of me as i shoot. Killing him, sending me to jail, and me losing my 800k gun. Then as if that wasn't enough without saying "hey man like why'd you shoot me?" he decides to punish me so after I wait to get out of prison I die, sending me back to jail for 5 minutes for some reason. You don't even lose anything when you die as blufor... Everything can be so much easier if the members of this community just take 10 seconds to calmly talk to another person.

What are you going to do to save the server people

• Like 2

They aren't gonna do anything they're all sitting in the same TS channel jerking each other off

• Dislike 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ghantz said:

They aren't gonna do anything they're all sitting in the same TS channel jerking each other off

Weren't you London on rise?

Edited by Hordan

18 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The couple times that I have gone to the help room for this reason either no administration is online to help, or only high up administration is on and are "busy"

Unfortunately staff activity has been lacking in the past couple weeks. It's a double edged sword because some people complain that we don't have staff, while others complain that we have too many staff... That said, we do plan on hiring more staff to compensate for the times when we don't have any on.

went to the help room and the indie refused to pay(even tho he had 55mil) so they kind moderator ( I forget your name sorry) decided he would comp me. But the most he could do was give the indie a strike? What's the point?

If the case was ruled against him and he refused to pay, then he should have been banned and compensation would come from the server. That's what would have happened if it were me dealing with the situation. However, currently support staff don't have access to server compensation, so the moderator paid out of pocket, but that will be changing soon. With that in mind, he still should have been banned - not given a strike. Feel free to send me the name of the specific individual and I'll look into it. Remember that there is also a "Player Reports" section here on the forums.

ALSO, the server needs an update bad if it wants to survive. Idk when this server started but it is way behind technologically than all the other taki life servers and other life mods in Arma 2 that died months, even years ago.

Well, unfortunately we don't have the sizeable development team that other servers had. It's just me and Montel, both of us who are pretty busy and to be honest I'm not even that skilled myself, the majority of my learning has been since ownership of the server was transferred to me back in January. We're definitely open to having other qualified individuals join the team, and the mission is available publicly on GitHub to contribute to. https://github.com/gioporta/TLX

Also, no one even tries to figure out the situation, they just immediately go COMP, COMP, COMP.

We can't change the mindsets of players on the server. We can only deal with situations once they get to us at a help room.

Another example, I was playing blufor and was about to snipe an insurgent, when another officer walks directly in front of me as i shoot. Killing him, sending me to jail, and me losing my 800k gun. Then as if that wasn't enough without saying "hey man like why'd you shoot me?" he decides to punish me so after I wait to get out of prison I die, sending me back to jail for 5 minutes for some reason. You don't even lose anything when you die as blufor...

Hopefully we could change behaviour like this with faction regulations and internal conflict resolution.

Everything can be so much easier if the members of this community just take 10 seconds to calmly talk to another person.

I wholeheartedly agree.

16 minutes ago, Ghantz said:

Seriously? A comment like this really pisses me off. We're in a channel discussing changes for the server and regarding the staff team, and this is what you have to say?

Edited by Giovanni

I'm not trying to attack the server so don't think I have something against you Giovanni, the post is towards the community and the administration. It's just sad to see so much potential fade, also being that this is the LAST Taki Life.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm not trying to attack the server so don't think I have something against you Giovanni, the post is towards the community and the administration. It's just sad to see so much potential fade, also being that this is the LAST Taki Life.

Last one on arma 2*

13 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Last one on arma 2*

On arma 2 operation arrowhead*

Edited by Hordan

Just now, Hordan said:

On arma 2 operation arrowhead*

"hordans a troll feel free to ignore him" -  Staan 2k18

Touché

2 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Last one on arma 2*

I thought that would be implied, being these are Arma 2 OA server forums.....

In all honesty we lack european staff, most staff doesnt show up till around 10pm/11pm my time which is okay different time zone but when europeans play and we have mass rdming people it is really annoying.

I think it was monday, We had to deal with 2 mass rdmers till defaultfun came to the rescue.

We need a european staff member who doesnt mind playing with 2 - 7 players.

Most players are just US so only in the weekend i/we europeans see 20+ people online.

I could be wrong but i think only slingshot is the only non US staff, but never seen him play untill 15+ people are online but i dont know his situation so i cant be to hard on this.

1 hour ago, Spork said:

In all honesty we lack european staff, most staff doesnt show up till around 10pm/11pm my time which is okay different time zone but when europeans play and we have mass rdming people it is really annoying.

I think it was monday, We had to deal with 2 mass rdmers till defaultfun came to the rescue.

We need a european staff member who doesnt mind playing with 2 - 7 players.

Most players are just US so only in the weekend i/we europeans see 20+ people online.

I could be wrong but i think only slingshot is the only non US staff, but never seen him play untill 15+ people are online but i dont know his situation so i cant be to hard on this.

Im sure we can work something out. Possibly restrict staff applications to EU only.

I agree with everything that has been said, the community does need help in many ways to make it better. Now @Giovanni I understand how you and the admins are constantly discussing stuff for the server, but it is true, I see more staff in separate ts channels that refuse to go to a help room. Its ridiculous and frustrating. I even see some admins do it once in a while but mainly moderators. Also another concern is that i'm hearing that one specific moderator (not being named) is getting free money from administration, this isn't right if its true and it needs to stop. Also with moderators and staff, ALL staff needs to be mature and upright in game, help rooms, and out of game. I see and hear more staff that are annoying and immature than regular players. This also needs to stop! Their job is to help the server and regulate the rules and players, not be one of the rule breaking imbasiles that everyone hates. Or someone that people aren't fond of for being rude, immature, and obnoxious. I see all of this every single time i'm on the server! Going with comp, the rules need to be reworked to regulate how ppl get comp, its too often that ppl get it. 

• Dislike 1

Honestly I am sick and tired of people talking about how the server is dying. If you think it is dying fix it by playing on it more, inviting friends, and not being toxic and killing everyone you see. Talking about this in the forums won't fix the problem. To fix the problem you must get more involved in game.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

Thanks for forgetting me :(

Thought you were US aswell ?

1 hour ago, Elijah said:

Honestly I am sick and tired of people talking about how the server is dying. If you think it is dying fix it by playing on it more, inviting friends, and not being toxic and killing everyone you see. Talking about this in the forums won't fix the problem. To fix the problem you must get more involved in game.

hell yes

4 hours ago, Elijah said:

No it wont solve the problem by talking about it here. But maybe it can get through peoples heads that they need to actually RP and not just rdm everyone they see all the time. And I do play the server and get all my Arma buddies to play so..

6 hours ago, Jacob said:

Also another concern is that i'm hearing that one specific moderator (not being named) is getting free money from administration, this isn't right if its true and it needs to stop.

Never even heard of this.

6 hours ago, Jacob said:

I see and hear more staff that are annoying and immature than regular players. This also needs to stop! Their job is to help the server and regulate the rules and players, not be one of the rule breaking imbasiles that everyone hates. Or someone that people aren't fond of for being rude, immature, and obnoxious. I see all of this every single time i'm on the server!

This is the specific reason we have staff complaints. Every time someone wants to make a broad accusation like this one, I encourage them to file a staff complaint or else I don't know how you expect me or any other member of Management/Administration to know about it. Does anyone do it? No, not really... they just complain about "staff conduct" but never name names.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Never even heard of this.

This is the specific reason we have staff complaints. Every time someone wants to make a broad accusation like this one, I encourage them to file a staff complaint or else I don't know how you expect me or any other member of Management/Administration to know about it. Does anyone do it? No, not really... they just complain about "staff conduct" but never name names.

what im trying to say with that is i want it to improve, id rather not get anyone in trouble or such but rather all staff be talked to.

1 minute ago, Jacob said:

what im trying to say with that is i want it to improve, id rather not get anyone in trouble or such but rather all staff be talked to.

Only the administration has the ability to view staff complaints, meaning that us in the lower tier can't see what's going on. The staff complaints are also only dealt with the staff member that are being made a complaint about, so the rest of us have no idea whats going on, which is good.

Lol you guys are all just newbies to TLX. The old folks are mostly disgruntled staff or lurkers like myself now. We've been through this before, several times. Just trust us, TLX always seems to find a way. 

• Like 3

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.