Winters

My Resignation

This is my formal resignation from my position as an Administrator and player on TLX. 

After playing on TLX off and on since the Dnice era and now as a staff member here I have tried my hardest to help grow, professionalize, and strengthen not only the last Arma 2 Takistan life server but one of the last communities on this game. As of today, I feel I am wasting my time due to inadequate leadership and lack of communication throughout the entire staff team. 

For weeks we had this server maxed out in population, we even had to upgrade the TS, we created a brand new website, hired more mature staff while firing the abusive, and we connected with our players. It's disgusting to see now, that both staff and players use the excuse of "this game is dying" to explain the reason why we lost our player base. 

I only see a few with the same passion to keep TLX running and they aren't the ones in the position to do it. 

I hope that I helped this community as much as it has helped me and I hope one day it will return to how it was. 

Thank you to everyone for the memories, 

Former TLX Staff Winters

• Like 3

I'll be honest, I think this is pretty immature. Not only did Winters not give any heads up about this, but he immediately deleted me off Steam and blocked me on Discord. All of this because I haven't put as much time into the server lately as he, and others, have wanted and since I've made statements regarding the average player base of Arma 2 going down. He then ends it off by burning bridges and placing blame.

12 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

but he immediately deleted me off Steam and blocked me on Discord.

It's insane after everything you comment an outright lie. I haven't had you on Steam in months, and I left the TLX Discord which is why you don't have me on Discord. Instead of adding me or you know, accepting my friend request, you bring it to the forums and have the balls to call me immature. Nice

2 minutes ago, Winters said:

It's insane after everything you comment an outright lie. I haven't had you on Steam in months, and I left the TLX Discord which is why you don't have me on Discord. Instead of adding me or you know, accepting my friend request, you bring it to the forums and have the balls to call me immature. Nice

How is that an outright lie? We were friends on Steam, I never deleted you. We were also friends on Discord. I'm not accepting your new friend request now because frankly, you've already resigned and shown that you no courtesy to end things on a decent note.

Now you're bringing people to your Teamspeak so, what, you can encourage them to leave to?

Edited by Giovanni

We were friends on Steam, months ago and I removed you months ago. We have never been friends on Discord, we only ever shared TLX as a mutual server.... lmao and you think I blocked you? 

I showed no courtesy either? Like what? When you flat out ignore me multiple times like I never tried to talk to you about things or get answers? When you had multiple other staff members bitching about how things were, about you, complaining to resign, in front of the rest of the team, who was the one that convinced them not to because you weren't even there (this was at the last two meetings you didn't attend btw). 

Sad to see this is how it all ends. 

This is pointless to even defend myself. 

Goodluck in A3

Edited by Winters
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Winters said:

We were friends on Steam, months ago and I removed you months.

You only became an Admin on February 17th, which is when we became friends on Steam, so this statement doesn't make sense. You're implying you deleted me before we were even friends?

We have never been friends on Discord, we only ever shared TLX as a mutual server.... lmao and you think I blocked you?

We were in fact friends on Discord. You can harp on about how we weren't as much as you want to make me look like I'm lying.

I showed no courtesy either? Like what? When you flat out ignore me multiple times like I never tried to talk to you about things or get answers?

Flat out ignore you? I had just spoken to you and Rogue in the Admin Chat 2 hours ago. Your response? To resign without saying anything. Let me add that I scrolled through our personal chat on Discord and found no cases of me 'flat out ignoring you.'

When you had multiple other staff members bitching about how things were, about you, complaining to resign, in front of the rest of the team, who was the one that convinced them not to because you weren't even there (this was at the last two meetings you didn't attend btw). 

I know people don't like the fact that I haven't been working a lot on the server as of lately, but it's just how it's been. As for the staff meeting, I've provided due notice ahead of time to say that I wouldn't be attending so that plans could be made without me. I'm not going to pretend like I'm a perfect person.

Sad to see this is how it all ends. 

This is pointless to even defend myself.

If that's how you feel.

At the end of the day, I want to make it clear that I'm not arguing over the fact that you resigned, but you could have done it in a more civil manner - giving due notice so we're not scrambling around, not deleting me (even though you claim you didn't), or trying to make it seem like you're the 100% good guy. I'm not the best person either, but at least I'll admit it.

Edit appended below

To those complaining about me "fighting Winters over his resignation", this post was more of a complaint about the server and its management more than anything else. Winters could have left on positive terms and not decided to use his exit as a shit flinging competition, but he opted to do just that. I feel that a response from me was appropriate considering the circumstance. I'd like to emphasize that the resignation was never an issue, we've had members of staff who have resigned and retired in the past and they came to me about it beforehand and discussed it. In this case, however, it was not only abrupt but also discourteous in the way that you handled it and conducted yourself, as evidenced by the actions you took - especially now that you are encouraging people to resign. This seems like a huge difference compared to the previous behaviour I've seen from you, and I hate to see it, but there's nothing I can really do at this point.

Edited by Giovanni
Added some justification for my responses here

Yeah bye bye TLX, it dies a bit more every day and had 0-3 players all day today.

Should've let me run it im the best 

Long live RISE

• Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Hordan said:

0-3 players all day today.

There was an Arma 2 update that broke BattlEye apparently, see the post in the announcements for more info on that. There's 16 on right now.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Why does he need to give notice, its an dying Arma 2 server, not a fortune 500 company.

So that we can revoke permissions and assign responsibilities to someone else, that way we're not scrambling to do this instantly with no notice. Even 1 day notice is fine. Staff that have been resigned before have had no issue talking to me or Comrade ahead of time so we can get things set up for when they officially leave.

Edited by Giovanni

Just now, Giovanni said:

So that we can revoke permissions and assign responsibilities to someone else, that way we're not scrambling to do this instantly with no notice.

There's never any admins on anyways why does it matter.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

There's never any admins on anyways why does it matter.

You must be new here then.

• Like 1

Just now, Giovanni said:

There was an Arma 2 update that broke BattlEye apparently, see the post in the announcements for more info on that. There's 16 on right now.

whoop-dee-do, a whole whopping 16 players. 

Release the update

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Hordan said:

whoop-dee-do, a whole whopping 16 players. 

Release the update

We had 34 people on yesterday, what's your point?

The 0-3 we had on earlier today had no relevance to this, it was because of a BattlEye issue.

This thread is just derailing off topic.

Thread is being locked. If you have comments regarding the player base, see the relevant threads here in General Discussion.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 1