Sign in to follow this  
Complexity

Suggestion regarding Supporter Channels + BLUFOR and OPFOR

As of now, if you play Blufor or Opfor you have to be in the respected channels UNLESS you are staff.  Which honestly doesn't make sense, supporters pay money for their channel on teamspeak yet can't use it on 1/2 of the factions, yet staff can sit in their channel.  I feel that it should be either all or none.  Either all of us are forced into respected channels, or none of us.  If staff are playing they should have to communicate with the faction just as much as anyone else.

Edited by Giovanni
Edited title to that of merged topic
  • Like 1

+1 

I agree that even staff should be in respective faction channels if they are actually playing. 

However, a lot of times staff will just load into a faction to deal with player issues. This is why the rule excludes staff (could be wrong). 

For the most part, I play civilian which does not require a specific channel. When I do play OPFOR or BLUFOR however, I am either in the correct channel, or if Im with other staff members and were discussing more sensitive topics, we'll be in a staff channel.

Section 1 - General Rules Rule #10 States the following:

10. BLUFOR and OPFOR (excluding staff) must be in their respective faction's public channels.

I believe this rule should  be changed so that people who are in supporter channels, with the owners permission should be allowed in said private channel, regardless of what faction they are playing as. This makes a lot of people mad when 4 or 5 buddies who are on BLUFOR are hanging out in one of their private channels then some moderator comes in and yells at them like they were banned by BattlEye. There is no special treatment here, I just think it is fair as they/us are paying for that channel for the sole purpose of being in it, and being able to play Taki Life whilst in said channel.

It should be changed to this -> 10. BLUFOR and OPFOR (excluding staff, and people in supporter channels) must be in their respective faction's public channels.

+1 but I think that the channel needs to be limited to one faction only. As in you cant have Indeps and blufor in the same channel and stuff like that.

The problem with letting people hang out in private channels when on BLUFOR and OPFOR is the lack of communication between members of those factions. This was a huge problem on the old TLX server as the public faction channels would be empty while everyone was in their own private channels, often with friends from a different faction.

There is no requirement for Independent and Civilian to be in their public channels since communication between team members on those factions isn't necessary. BLUFOR and OPFOR on the other hand are military forces, ones that are now becoming whitelisted and regulated.

Staff members are exempt from this rule as they are often going channel to channel dealing with support issues.

Edited by Giovanni

Yeah what he said ^

It's a massive pain in the ass trying to communicate when they are locked away in a channel, its even worse when the majority of the faction is locked in that channel and you can't even go ask a question.

One channel doesn't sound good to me. Also, I've always shy'd away from using the faction channels that corresponds with what CP I'm currently at *because of metagaming* My thoughts on the matter is blu4/op4 should stay in groups of 3-5 players, and if they want to communicate important info with another group use side chat. 

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.