Sign in to follow this  
Elijah

elaborate on "planned terror attacks"

So I was recently killed at cpr by an indep who shot me and claimed it was a planned terror attack. Because I was in CPR it was allowed and I would like the limits of planned terror attacks to exclude just shooting all civs in a certain area. if we allow it to stay then indeps and declared terrorists could at minimum, kill anyone at all that enters CPR. how I see it this would ruin the game for all civs as they would not be able to use the main entrance to the most important city on the server without being killed. I went to support and it was ruled by the staff that was online that it was within the limits of a planned terror attack and was allowed by the rules. here is there video of me getting killed.

I understand that they where allowed to kill me under the rules but I believe that the rule that allowed them to kill me needs to be elaborated on but NOT removed the rule as a whole is good and should stay but my understanding is that the rule was put in place to allow collateral damage when civs ether get in the way of killing cops or are in the vicinity of a bomb explosion not just any civ in CPR

Edited by Elijah
  • Sad 1

nah that was dumb as fuck, bombings and stuff I understand whatever its kinda retarded to have to wait for only cops to be somewhere to commit a terrorist attack but when a civ is driving away from a terror attack and just gets shot, that right there is why the server's been dead nobody wants to play an rp server that is just kill kill kill and if you aren't killing you are being killed, it completely ruins the rp factor, thus eliminating the need for players to play. civ is always dead except for PMC and terror declare kids because then they can guess what? KILL. I know I'm gonna hear "this is taki life hah" "that always happens". But its an RP server, you cant open a noodle restaurant and then have most the menu be steak, then all the noodle guys will go somewhere else for noodles.

"You're either the butcher or the cattle" 

"one is either the hammer or the anvil"

Please eliminate the emphasis on killing 

1 minute ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Wtf is that disgusting overlay lol? 

It's just what overwolf puts on the videos it only shows up in the videos not in my game. I don't know how to remove it

Edited by Elijah

Yea the guy who killed you, blueriddler, is apart of this group of people that does this Rdming stuff alot, and then uses the "planned terror attack" excuse. He, Ludz, and Milk do this type of stuff all the time and always get away with it.

• Like 2

That from what I can see is blatant RDM, a planned terror attack should be against blufor or against an apposing militaristic faction, Indeps are supposed to free the civilian population  from BLUFOR/OPFOR (As what the indeps believe) 

about an hour after the first incident I was killed again by the same group of indeps as shown in this video 

you can see in the video that he did not stop shooting once the cop died but continued to shoot untill I was dead as well. right before I die I turn and you can see the guy who killed me and the cop and can see that he would have needed to purposefully switch targets to kill me  since the recoil of the gun would not have put me in his cross hairs from his angle. in the end it was decided that since I was close to the blufor it was just an accident but all the same after I took the guy to support he was claiming that he killed me because it was part of a planned terror attack and not because it was an accident he called the attack  called "Maghana maghane" and he said it was " Arabic for attack on Rasmen" but if you google translate attack on rasmen in is "hujum ealaa rasmen" which sounds nothing like what he said as seen in this video at 0:34 

I understand that because I was close to the blufor so it was considerd an accident but he never claimed it was an accident and again used complete bullshit lies in attempts to get out of trouble. in this next video you can also hear them claim that there where 3-4 blufor and a stryker at CPR and they where "actively firing" yet in the first video there was no stryker is CPR and the only gunshots that go off in the entire time was from the indep who killed me. So from this you can see that they where lying about multiple things to get out of trouble. (the Mod that was originaly dealing with the problem was on my side but later on and admin gets on and favored the indep)

I know that this problem was already dealt with I am only putting this out there so people can see that these guys are using the same excuse for every time they kill a civ. I dont have it recorded but at one point they even said that how they understood the rule was that it was there to allow them to kill anyone they wanted including civilians as the intended target as long as it was a planned terror attack. these misinterpretations of the rules in why it needs more detail. It causes people to think they can kill anyone they want. 

report these guys on the forums. BEcause the rules are so unspecific, and what those trolls are doing is technically allowed, the report may not be successful, but it will definantly grab the attention of staff and maybe they can alter the rule.

3 hours ago, Garry_hippo said:

report these guys on the forums. BEcause the rules are so unspecific, and what those trolls are doing is technically allowed, the report may not be successful, but it will definantly grab the attention of staff and maybe they can alter the rule.

No need to report them because staff will see it on here and see that they are abusing the rule from this post. hopefully the rule is changed because of this. 

Edited by Elijah

It's pretty obvious that these guys breaking/bending the rules just want to kill people for fun and the staff that was dealing with the situation sounded like he also understood that. There's no real need for "elaboration" on this rule imo.

3 hours ago, Roque said:

It's pretty obvious that these guys breaking/bending the rules just want to kill people for fun and the staff that was dealing with the situation sounded like he also understood that. There's no real need for "elaboration" on this rule imo.

In both situations the moderator that originally was helping me with the problems(the guy you hear in the video talking to them) went to an admin to get a second opinion and both times the admin said that they did not break any rules and they went unpunished. because of the rule players are allowed to rdm like this without punishment which is why i am Proposing more elaboration on what is considered a planned terror attack. I would like to say that before I posted the original video that started this post the admins had already made their decision on it and when I asked if they wanted me to give them the link to the video they said they did not need it but after i posted it on hear they changed their mind on it and agreed with me yet the offending player still went unpunished anyways.

• Like 1

Until the rule is changed, just rdm those trolls whenever you see them from this rule:  Civilians are permitted to kill Independents if they pose a direct lethal threat.

You could probably come up with dozens of BS reasons that could "technically" make indeps a direct threat, but that would be fine because the trolls would have already stooped to that BS level, with their constant RDMing of unarmed civs. 

52 minutes ago, Elijah said:

No need to report them because staff will see it on here and see that they are abusing the rule from this post. hopefully the rule is changed because of this. 

Idk they might not even acknolwedge this post, but if you make a player report, then they are gurantee'd to see this issue and talk to you.

@Garry_hippo Just because other players abuse the rules to RDM does not mean we should do the same. They ruin the server with stuff like that so if we do it as well it will only make the situation worse. I know the staff will see this post as they work really hard and they respond to even the most random posts. Giovani works especially hard on the forums and he reads nearly every post.

I posted almost this exact same issue, right before you did i believe, and Giovani's didnt seem very concerned (that I saw from his comments)

He actually almost supported the legitimacy of the rule. Admin Winters also dismissed this issue, stating that admins will always punish people who behave like these RDMers we have been talking about. (which we know has never happend, due to them hiding behind these very unspecific rules.)

Not flaming staff just stating what ive been seeing. I dont think they really know whats happening.

POST V

@Garry_hippo in your post you where asking to remove the entire rule and even I disagree with that. The rule is there in case there is collateral damage in bombings and it is needed. I only want it to have more detail.

common sense would say that someone strafing the city in a stolen mi8 could incur some accidental civ deaths, but deliberately shooting a civ with a rifle should never be considered part of a planned terror attack. maybe if they announced that they are holding cpr and anyone who is near it will be shot, but killing civs without provocation or warning should always be treated as an rdm

4 hours ago, staan said:

common sense would say that someone strafing the city in a stolen mi8 could incur some accidental civ deaths, but deliberately shooting a civ with a rifle should never be considered part of a planned terror attack. maybe if they announced that they are holding cpr and anyone who is near it will be shot, but killing civs without provocation or warning should always be treated as an rdm

The problem is that these people don't follow common sense and are abusing the rule to rdm players. If everyone agrees that that first incidence was rdm then why has the offending player still gone unpunished? it is so that these type of problems don't happen again that I am asking that it be specified what type of thing do and don't count as planned terror attacks.

+1 The rule might need to be re-written, however rewriting a rule like that might be a bit hard. Of course, giving examples will help, but I believe that no matter what it will be a vague rule that can be abused, unfortunately. Therefore situations like that are dealt with on a case by case basis, and to help us staff dealing with issues, record your gameplay if possible.

• Like 1

+11111 i hate the rule and i hate the indep faction in general! This needs to be overlooked once again.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.