Sign in to follow this  
Elijah

Make players read the rules

I have seen time and time again new players breaking rules and getting away with it because they "did not know the rules" they use this as an excuse even if they allready knew the rules. I think this is a problem on the server and one way to fix it would be to have a message pop up when people log on to the server asking them to pleas read the rules at tlx-gaming.com. That way none can use ignorance as an excuse for breaking rules. 

There are messages that pop up periodically telling people to read the rules on the website. The issue is we can never guarantee that people read it.

Dont think for a second that people are excused for just not reading the rules, if you break a rule you get a strike and/or a temp ban for it regardless of whether you took the time to read it or not.

1 hour ago, Captain said:

Dont think for a second that people are excused for just not reading the rules, if you break a rule you get a strike and/or a temp ban for it regardless of whether you took the time to read it or not.

In my experience there have seen some new players who have gotten off with nothing more than a warning simply because they are new and did not know the rules. It is not just a once or twice thing. It has heppened multiple times. If staff are supposed to punish the players then pleas let it be more well known. I am in no way blameing staff because I really do love all of you and believe you guys do a great job I am just getting annoyed that new players seem to be getting a get out of jail free card.

Edited by Elijah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain said:

There are messages that pop up periodically telling people to read the rules on the website. The issue is we can never guarantee that people read it.

We can almost guarantee by providing a quick test like we used to for Blufor before people enter the server so they know basic rules. Now it won't be 100% but itll be a better amount.

I can assure you we are NOT gonna have a civilian test. It is not on staff if someone fails to read the rules. If they break a rule, it should be dealt with accordingly, sometimes BOTD is given. As Captain said, it already tells them to read the rules.

+1 We had a system on RISE where before you could get your permissions for Teamspeak, you had to do a test which involved 20 questions about all the different factions and rules. Of course that was only for players that decided to use the Teamspeak, but it's better than nothing

44 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

+1 We had a system on RISE where before you could get your permissions for Teamspeak, you had to do a test which involved 20 questions about all the different factions and rules. Of course that was only for players that decided to use the Teamspeak, but it's better than nothing

As i stated in a different post, Rise is Rise, TLX is TLX. Everyone keeps comparing the two but you have to remember, How TLX operates is what makes the server. If you require people to take a test to just play on the server, thats going to kill the community more and more..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

As i stated in a different post, Rise is Rise, TLX is TLX. Everyone keeps comparing the two but you have to remember, How TLX operates is what makes the server. If you require people to take a test to just play on the server, thats going to kill the community more and more..

Yeah, rise is rise or was at least, but it's a good comparison because it was a great server, probably the best after Arma 2 started dying, half the people on here are from rise so you are never going to stop seeing them compared. Although, the comparison works both ways rise definitely had some faults, the main one being the staff and lord Valgarr himself. I do see what you are saying but the amount of times I've seen people disconnect after being RDM'ed and such is crazy, I think having retards connect constantly is killing the community just as much.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.