Sign in to follow this  
Elijah

My thoughts

So recently I have started to notice that there is not really much role play on the server. It seems to me that when playing as blufor all the cops can really do is try to stave off the indeps constantly sniping them in Rasmond causing them to not be able to actually role play with the civilians. There is so much trouble with Blufor and Opfor never being able to do anything but fight indeps that it is causing the server to turn into more of just a run of the mill milsim server that has random civs suicide bombing every so often. I have lots of fun fighting the indeps and find it enjoyable but it seems to be ruining the role play of the server which is also one of my faverate parts. I don't want anyone to misunderstand because I really do love the server, players, and staff I just wanted to point out something that has been bothering me for the past few days. My hope is that when the Arma 3 server comes out is there will be more opportunities to role play and I will be able to keep playing with the same people as on the arma 2 server. (side note but even when the arma 3 server comes out I still plan to play on the original as much as possible.)

• Like 2

Arma 3 server is coming? With Arma II vehicles would be nice because I dont like the a3 content

yea plus itll be alot more to do on arma 3 ^_^ arma 2 is...get money get guns kill die....recycle rinse repeat. also beign medic for arma 3 will be FUN!!!

Edited by Nureha

On 3/13/2018 at 3:32 PM, Elijah said:

So recently I have started to notice that there is not really much role play on the server. It seems to me that when playing as blufor all the cops can really do is try to stave off the indeps constantly sniping them in Rasmond causing them to not be able to actually role play with the civilians. 

I agree I think the cops need to patrol around a bit more, 90% of them are in rasman

Edited by Hordan

16 minutes ago, Hordan said:

I agree I think the cops need to patrol around a bit more, 90% of them are in rasman

Because 90% of the action is in Rasmin

Edited by Roque
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Roque said:

Because 90% of the action is

Sure its the hotspot in the north but the road to gun store, the road to rasman, CPD, and CPA, and truck stop is always populated and have criminals and civs who drive like asshats, and any smart civs don't commit crimes there so js cops should actually patrol outside rasman more but yeah you are correct lots of action there.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, Hordan said:

Sure its the hotspot in the north but the road to gun store, the road to rasman, CPD, and CPA, and truck stop is always populated and have criminals and civs who drive like asshats, and any smart civs don't commit crimes there so js cops should actually patrol outside rasman more but yeah you are correct lots of action there.

Rasman is where everything occurs because cops spawn there and indies camp there. Honestly when Blufor buys a little bird and actually patrols or raids gang areas it's the best

• Like 1

I think people need to cut back on killing ppl and BLUFOR and just drive around and do traffic stops and get in police chases etc. It's more fun this way for everyone!

As a regular Blufor player we do do a lot of chases it just ends in gun fights as most people have guns and decide to shoot us then we just kos them next time we see them or get a location 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DOMOCOP14 said:

As a regular Blufor player we do do a lot of chases it just ends in gun fights as most people have guns and decide to shoot us then we just kos them next time we see them or get a location 

ik I play BLUFOR a lot too and this happens but what im saying is that people need to not just drive away or get in a shoot out, just take the ticket or argue or something actually rp it.

• Like 2

yeah but to the cop what happens some are jail happy or don't know the rules that's y I can't what for there to be some actual control over Blufor 

• Like 1

The Issues with Blufor is the lack of common sense.

For instance, Today I got on and there was a Mi-8 Attacking Rasman for 30+ minutes. 6 Cops raged.

I pulled out a Humvee AA launcher and Took it out in 1 rocket. Not one cop could think of that.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:34 AM, Jake Thompson said:

The Issues with Blufor is the lack of common sense.

For instance, Today I got on and there was a Mi-8 Attacking Rasman for 30+ minutes. 6 Cops raged.

I pulled out a Humvee AA launcher and Took it out in 1 rocket. Not one cop could think of that.

Could it be that the Avenger costs millions and Blufor is very cheap?

Its 4.5 Million I believe. Most cops do have more than that. Its the fact they were leaving cop base on Atvs or Gbks. If they stopped buying the Gbks and atvs They could afford an Avenger.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, Jake Thompson said:

Its 4.5 Million I believe. Most cops do have more than that. Its the fact they were leaving cop base on Atvs or Gbks. If they stopped buying the Gbks and atvs They could afford an Avenger.

Sure but it takes awhile to actually get 4.5 mil from Blufor, you get (as chief anyways) 110k paycheck every 5 minutes and when you actually want to bust a civ for drugs so you can get a hella big bounty they decide to have a shootout instead

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anonymous User said:

Sure but it takes awhile to actually get 4.5 mil from Blufor, you get (as chief anyways) 110k paycheck every 5 minutes and when you actually want to bust a civ for drugs so you can get a hella big bounty they decide to have a shootout instead

135k per paycheck as chief with all the licenses, but yeah avengers are expensive and it will still take 1 and a half hours of max paychecks to buy an avenger. You then also lose over half of that money when you sell the avenger or all the money if it dies.

But i have also noticed the lack of common sense with cops being absolutely wrecked by like a single t-34 up on a hill, and rather than spending 600k on a M47 Dragon and just 1 tapping the tank they continue to drive out of base down the same road in SUV's constantly dying complaining that they need martial law and the game is unbalanced and indys should be removed and they are camping the safezone and they should be banned.

Like Jesus Christ there is more than 1 road out of cop base.

Edited by Supersahen

15 minutes ago, Supersahen said:

135k per paycheck as chief with all the licenses, but yeah avengers are expensive and it will still take 1 and a half hours of max paychecks to buy an avenger. You then also lose over half of that money when you sell the avenger or all the money if it dies.

But i have also noticed the lack of common sense with cops being absolutely wrecked by like a single t-34 up on a hill, and rather than spending 600k on a M47 Dragon and just 1 tapping the tank they continue to drive out of base down the same road in SUV's constantly dying complaining that they need martial law and the game is unbalanced and indys should be removed and they are camping the safezone and they should be banned.

Like Jesus Christ there is more than 1 road out of cop base.

Yeah, most of the player base lacks common sense but that's life. But indies shouldn't be removed because of this, it isn't hard to report a player for safezone camping.

The big problem here is people join the server, don't read the rules, don't join the ts, and don't play with any consideration to others. I think people are forgetting every time you see someone you're engaging another person on the other end of the computer. You directly responsible for the player experience. When you don't read the rules, or worse yet you play without consideration for others it ruins the overall experience of the game. This is an RP server, engage with the person on the other end of the computer, give them a decent chance in being able to see and fight you. The server especially suffers late at night because people take advantage of the lack of moderation to do shitty things they'd normally wouldn't be able to. Normally the less players on the better player experience I have because people tend to be more engaged, and agreeable to be cool, but lately thaty is not the case. Multiple nights in a row now I have encountered players on all teams offer the absolute shittiest player experience possible, the kind that makes you quit playing the game not out of rage or anger, just disappointment and frustration that were like the only people on the server and the person choose the deliver such a poor experience and they will probably continue to do so.

I have friends who won't play on this server with me because the first day they played, they were engaged multiple times coming out of the independent spawn buy an Mi-24 Hind. As new players to the server they were unable to afford any towable or self propelled AA, in addition to being completely unable to buy any man portable SAMs such as Strela's, Igla's or Stingers. 

I've had Civ's shoot me I the back after I was agreeable as fuck and let them travel freely, unmolested, and in some cases came to their aid.

I've had multiple occasions of being on late at night and have one sole player absolutely ruin some cool shit that we were doing because small number of people on the server.

I have multiple complaints,

-OPFOR engaging footmobiles and unarmed and unarmored vehicles with helicopter gunships,

-Lack of availiable or affordable AA

-Bluefor's lack of understanding of appropriate use of force when detaining civilians 

-Very little RP engagement 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, xpoqx said:

OPFOR engaging footmobiles and unarmed and unarmored vehicles with helicopter gunships.

-Very little RP engagement 

When u are playing as indep yea, be prepared to see death raining from the sky. For civs however, we useally send a ground unit to talk to them however some civs decide to shoot at either the ground unit or the choppers before we can even start talking or take off high speed before even listening to what we want to say and dont pull over after multiple warnings.

Thats when the OPFOR smites these pests for ignoring the almighty TLA. 

2 days ago we caught serina and guddi at restricted areas, we drove up and 1 gave up the other ran after a short talk with 1 of them the other came back after he understood we wouldnt kill them. For a small fee ofcourse.

If everyone just puts their hands up when asked or puts away their weapon the south is the best place to be.

Unless ur INDEP then hindfor will rain death upon you.

23 minutes ago, Spork said:

For civs however, we useally send a ground unit to talk to them however some civs decide to shoot at either the ground unit or the choppers before we can even start talking or take off high speed before even listening to what we want to say and dont pull over after multiple warnings.

Thats when the OPFOR smites these pests for ignoring the almighty TLA. 

Unless ur INDEP then hindfor will rain death upon you.

Yeah that's a false statement, I've been smoked just the same way by helicopter gunship as both independent and civ. With no engagement or forewarning. I'd like to reemphasize that YOU ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLAYER EXPERIENCE. When you don't read the rules, or worse yet you play without consideration for others it ruins the overall experience of the game. Greasing people from the protected bubble of what is essentially a flying tank, that we have very little ability to counter, which is at a great expense to us because we loose everything on each death makes the experience very disenfranchising. People don't want to play on a server that's a non-stop greasing session, that's what domination servers are for.

I feel like it's important all of you play as independent at least once so you can understand how disadvantaged it can be, and how absolutely irritating some of you are. Maybe then you'll have appreciation for why I'm upset with the 15+ mins of my time you just wasted KOSing me without any engagement. I spend a lot of time grinding to have money to actually be able to wage a decent fight and make it interesting. I have to buy all new everything each time I die, and on average it's around 1.3mil a respawn, not including any vehicles or upgrades plus the time it took me to travel there. 

Come mix it up with me, shoot it out, on the ground, peer to peer, instead of shooting me with your vehicle, it's 100% more fulfilling experience I promise.

• Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, xpoqx said:

Yeah that's a false statement, I've been smoked just the same way by helicopter gunship as both independent and civ. With no engagement or forewarning. I'd like to reemphasize that YOU ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLAYER EXPERIENCE. When you don't read the rules, or worse yet you play without consideration for others it ruins the overall experience of the game. Greasing people from the protected bubble of what is essentially a flying tank, that we have very little ability to counter, which is at a great expense to us because we loose everything on each death makes the experience very disenfranchising. People don't want to play on a server that's a non-stop greasing session, that's what domination servers are for.

I feel like it's important all of you play as independent at least once so you can understand how disadvantaged it can be, and how absolutely irritating some of you are. Maybe then you'll have appreciation for why I'm upset with the 15+ mins of my time you just wasted KOSing me without any engagement. I spend a lot of time grinding to have money to actually be able to wage a decent fight and make it interesting. I have to buy all new everything each time I die, and on average it's around 1.3mil a respawn, not including any vehicles or upgrades plus the time it took me to travel there. 

Come mix it up with me, shoot it out, on the ground, peer to peer, instead of shooting me with your vehicle, it's 100% more fulfilling experience I promise.

Thing is mate, if your like all the other soft cocks that call them selves insurgents and don’t use your brain, being in the air or the ground, it doesn’t matter, you are KOS, most of you hate it when we don’t let you “RP”. Yet as most if not all indies, all they want to do is fight blufor, complaining about Opfor killing you, is like you indie picking on blufor, you settle for an easy challenge, but you never want an actual fight, it’s not a firefight, it’s a civil war. A decent example of an indie is Frosty & DesktopMain, both of them got crafty today, laid ambushes and sneaky placements of Igla pods, knocking out 2 of my hinds and nearly destroying my T-72. That is the type of tactics all indies should use, being sneaky & crafty, not this head-to-head bullshit, that’s just asking to be shot by armour or a barrage by a heli.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xpoqx said:

I did play as indep before, just dont take the roads and you're fine. And a zuzu will shred through a mi24. And i know im responsible for other people their experience. Thats why we blow indeps up cause they ruin it for blufor and civs

I dont know why or when u got blown up as civ so i wont go into a dicussion about ur experience which i dont know the situation of.

Edit: drew reminded me of desktopmain, he fights Opfor like all indies should instead of trying to make it north. Same with frosty and tuna these 3 are useally the once that costs us alot and sometimes even force us to abandon the hinds

Edited by Spork

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

you settle for an easy challenge, but you never want an actual fight

Right, that's why I fly a Mi-24 Hind, and engage targets that literally have no way to possible engage or destroy me. YOU RIGHT, YOU CAUGHT ME.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.