Sign in to follow this  
Complexity

Police Chief Pulling Over Other Officers

Blufor can cause a lot of accidents with wreckless driving in Rasman. 

The Police Chief should be able to pull over and give Blufor tickets for not following the traffic laws.  Or in the future, higher officers should be able to pull over cops and make sure they are following the traffic laws. This brings more rp to the server and lowers the chances of vdm on police side due to them having to work with traffic laws.  They should only be able to speed with sirens on.

Thoughts?

Hey Complexity, good call was going to make a post very similair to this.

The trouble with allowing the Police Chief this power, is that any old idiot can elect themselves. I had imagined something like this would be an Internal Affairs slot ONLY to be occupied by staff and select few exemplary BLUFOR officers who have shown themselves to be oh a high standard.
This Internal Affairs officer would be authorised to ticket Police officers for traffic offences, Jail them for wrongful killing etc etc
Just someone to hold Blufor accountable for their actions, uphold standards.
Who watches the watcher's kind of thing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Captain said:

Hey Complexity, good call was going to make a post very similair to this.

The trouble with allowing the Police Chief this power, is that any old idiot can elect themselves. I had imagined something like this would be an Internal Affairs slot ONLY to be occupied by staff and select few exemplary BLUFOR officers who have shown themselves to be oh a high standard.
This Internal Affairs officer would be authorised to ticket Police officers for traffic offences, Jail them for wrongful killing etc etc
Just someone to hold Blufor accountable for their actions, uphold standards.
Who watches the watcher's kind of thing.

Love that idea. Where do I sign up

• Like 1

Some form of Internal Affairs role would be excellent, would allow us to review their capability as enforcement officers and can even lend aid to the Blufor/Opfor ranks etc. suggested in a different post.

36 minutes ago, ThePsychopath said:

Some form of Internal Affairs role would be excellent, would allow us to review their capability as enforcement officers and can even lend aid to the Blufor/Opfor ranks etc. suggested in a different post.

That's where I was getting at when I stated in the future "Higher ranked officers" who have proven they are good enough at blufor to be able to have some more responsibility like pulling over other officers

I think some sort of enforcement of speed limits for everyone in Rasman and other built up areas needs to be encouraged, speaking from experience.... a lot of the "VDM" I see/fall victim to is not directly due to the speed people travel but the desync that can occur when its congested and people are speeding. Iv tried to enforce speed laws but most cunts just laugh at you LOL....

As above, something like  4 man internal affairs unit would be pretty cool. Like the PMC, in my opinion they should have access to a few toys to allow them to operate accordingly.

All officers should have their stun guns equipped ready to fire as soon as they leave their car anyway, not a lethal weapon. The advantage of having a stun gun out is you can get out and stun when you need to, and you can press Ctrl + V to pull up a speed gun while youre in a car.

For now internal affair slots would work, but if all of them are in use but a blufor would be able to use that spot, will he still be able to pull over cops even if he’s not in the spot but has been whitelisted for it/how would they stand out from other officers?

33 minutes ago, Complexity said:

For now internal affair slots would work, but if all of them are in use but a blufor would be able to use that spot, will he still be able to pull over cops even if he’s not in the spot but has been whitelisted for it/how would they stand out from other officers?

It should be a slot that you get whitelisted to use, so let us say there's a maximum of 4 IA slots if all of them are filled out, well you need to wait if you want to be IA.

When it comes to standing out, perhaps another default skin/clothing would be added, and with that access to other vehicles etc, perhaps not better vehicles, but reskinned versions of the already existing ones.

2 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

It should be a slot that you get whitelisted to use, so let us say there's a maximum of 4 IA slots if all of them are filled out, well you need to wait if you want to be IA.

When it comes to standing out, perhaps another default skin/clothing would be added, and with that access to other vehicles etc, perhaps not better vehicles, but reskinned versions of the already existing ones.

Okay so basically keep it to only people playing those slots + they have to be whitelisted to those slots and if they are whitelisted but not in the slot they can’t do anything involving I.A

And the reskinning is a good idea for vehicles and if someone is playing as I.A they should only be allowed to use I.A skins or if they are not in an I.A skin they can’t pull people over?

Just now, Complexity said:

Okay so basically keep it to only people playing those slots + they have to be whitelisted to those slots and if they are whitelisted but not in the slot they can’t do anything involving I.A

And the reskinning is a good idea for vehicles and if someone is playing as I.A they should only be allowed to use I.A skins or if they are not in an I.A skin they can’t pull people over?

Yes, keep it in those slots, like SRT on RISE, remember?

If you pick an IA slot you are IA, if you pick a normal cop slot, you are just a regular cop. I know there will be negative sides to it, like what you should do if you see a cop acting up when you're just a regular cop. An option should be implemented so it would be possible to report cops to the IA, either easily done over side chat or even (Very far-fetched) designated TeamSpeak rooms to deal with cops not acting accordingly.

When it comes to vehicles the IA should still have access to regular vehicles, however also access to SUVs with I.A on them or something along those lines.

Of course, there should also be something similar to OpFor as it would be rude leaving them out ;) 

3 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

Yes, keep it in those slots, like SRT on RISE, remember?

If you pick an IA slot you are IA, if you pick a normal cop slot, you are just a regular cop. I know there will be negative sides to it, like what you should do if you see a cop acting up when you're just a regular cop. An option should be implemented so it would be possible to report cops to the IA, either easily done over side chat or even (Very far-fetched) designated TeamSpeak rooms to deal with cops not acting accordingly.

When it comes to vehicles the IA should still have access to regular vehicles, however also access to SUVs with I.A on them or something along those lines.

Of course, there should also be something similar to OpFor as it would be rude leaving them out ;) 

If they do come with an I.A they should not have any better vehicles than normal cops, leave that to a nato whitelist side or SRT :) we don’t need I.A have completely insane vehicles when the only difference is they can pull over cops haha

1 minute ago, Complexity said:

If they do come with an I.A they should not have any better vehicles than normal cops, leave that to a nato whitelist side or SRT :) we don’t need I.A have completely insane vehicles when the only difference is they can pull over cops haha

I simply meant reskinned versions of patrol vehicles

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.