Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sebi (Dimitry Petrenko)

Problems PMC currently have

Just now, Sebi (Dimitry Petrenko) said:

What's the matter?

How is them being in civilian slots a problem?

Get back on a more constructive path here please. PMC deserves a look like like we have been all other factions. They will stay Civ slots though since i dont think you can make any more faction groups since they are utilizing arma made assets. Best we could do is move PMC to blufor slots and UN to Civ since they both have similar rules of engagement. As for equipment if anything a slight price adjustment is not unreasonable.

but if you moved it to a cop slot you would have to change it around make it so we would not be able to see cop markers and give us more guns 

29 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

Get back on a more constructive path here please. PMC deserves a look like like we have been all other factions. They will stay Civ slots though since i dont think you can make any more faction groups since they are utilizing arma made assets. Best we could do is move PMC to blufor slots and UN to Civ since they both have similar rules of engagement. As for equipment if anything a slight price adjustment is not unreasonable.

Now that's something.

2 hours ago, SlimBone said:

But if they were in a blufor slot they wouldn't br able to kill Blufor unless you take away the teamkill autojail function, and even then you'd have to get rid of the markers on the map and the triangles above their head. I think it's best to leave then in a civ slot.

As for price adjustment the only thing needing to be cheaper would be the AT-4 and other missile and rocket launchers like the Strela.

13 minutes ago, Mez said:

But if they were in a blufor slot they wouldn't br able to kill Blufor unless you take away the teamkill autojail function, and even then you'd have to get rid of the markers on the map and the triangles above their head. I think it's best to leave then in a civ slot.

As for price adjustment the only thing needing to be cheaper would be the AT-4 and other missile and rocket launchers like the Strela.

thats right...

35 minutes ago, Stg Gaz said:

ye i think they should stay as civ as well and give more cop sided weapons m16 acog and all that good stuff

Personally I find their current weapons fine but an M16A4 CCO or ACOG would be a nice touch. But nothing could part me from the M14 full auto.

and the m113 or some kind of tank would be nice maybe a lav if it were to be a lav make it so i could only be brought out in marshal law also a ah 6j with only mini guns would be nice

27 minutes ago, Stg Gaz said:

and the m113 or some kind of tank would be nice maybe a lav if it were to be a lav make it so i could only be brought out in marshal law also a ah 6j with only mini guns would be nice

The woodland M113 is understandable but no LAV, and they get a Ka-60 with a minigun. But the armored SUV is better than the M113 so why would you even use it. Now the littlebird with minguns would be a nice touch though.

9 hours ago, Mez said:

Or if you really want to swamp them, make them Indie, as they originally are in arma 2, and so we won't have the problem "PMC are normal civs" anymore. But as I said, this is only if you want to, as a small detail.

7 hours ago, Mez said:

The woodland M113 is understandable but no LAV, and they get a Ka-60 with a minigun. But the armored SUV is better than the M113 so why would you even use it. Now the littlebird with minguns would be a nice touch though.

The armoured SUV is not so armoured..., I think they should give us the M113.

2 hours ago, Sebi (Dimitry Petrenko) said:

The armoured SUV is not so armoured..., I think they should give us the M113.

The armored SUV can withstand 50 rounds of 7.62 to the drivers window and can slap speed 5 and nitro on it, I'd say it's pretty armored but the M113 does offer protection for the gunner.

2 hours ago, Sebi (Dimitry Petrenko) said:

Or if you really want to swamp them, make them Indie, as they originally are in arma 2, and so we won't have the problem "PMC are normal civs" anymore. But as I said, this is only if you want to, as a small detail.

Problem with making them independent is the same problem as making them blufor, map markers, triangles and team killing.

So I just tought of some cool things that they could add to PMC, even tho I already talked about some of them with admins/other players, I'll still list them here:

Add the M113 APC to PMC.

Change the USA flag in the PMC base with a IOM/PMC one. (We actually RP-ed a in-game protest about this not so many days ago, and I will post it tomorow.)

Make a "No kill Circle/Zone" arround PMC base, to avoid being spawn camped all the time. Like, not only once, I was in base, and on the "Candy Kane" communications tower was an Indep, scouting for me. As soon as I left the base, got sniped. They also use the hills behind PMC base to get a good scouting position on Blufor's base, and they end up spawn killing us again. I think that the Zone should be as big as Blufor's.

Add Capture Zone(s) for PMC. Everyone have capture zones (indie,blufor,opfor, civs got gangareas) so I think would be a nice touch if PMC had aswell, as will be another way of income appart from doing runs/contracts <-- Which rarely happen and aren't paid good.

Add AT/stronger Ground launcher against vehicles. The M131 Launcher is extremly weak to vehicles. It can't explode anything. From Little-Birds to SUVs.

Add more rules/specify more regarding all of the PMC rules, as of right now they are quite confusing.

Would be nice to add specific rules to PMC while "Peacekeeping". Like.., when they declare Peacekeeping, they could become something like UN, where they won't be kosed by indeps/terrorists. I don't think adding specific rules for Bounty Hunting is necessary, because it kinda speaks from itself.

Add stun gun (Tazer) to PMCs. Would be very helpfull when Peacekeeping/Bounty Hunting.

Add option to move zip tied players and put them in vehicles, and to unzip tied players.

These are my toughts for now, I'll post some more if I will have others.

Tell me what you think of them.

- Sebi (Dimitry Pentrenko)

Moving ziptied peoples +1

Stun guns +1

Peacekeeping is fine as is IMO as they act as blufor just without the ability to arrest people.

The AT-4 launcher is actually pretty good against armor and will take down a littlebird however it will not blow up most vehicles in one go it will disable them when shot into the rear or side.

Rules I wouldn't say are confusing however they can be bent.

M113 woodland +1

No to capture zones.

I have no opinion on the flag.

A small circle with say 100m around the base would be a good touch for a safe zone.

12 hours ago, Mez said:

Moving ziptied peoples +1

Stun guns +1

Peacekeeping is fine as is IMO as they act as blufor just without the ability to arrest people.

The AT-4 launcher is actually pretty good against armor and will take down a littlebird however it will not blow up most vehicles in one go it will disable them when shot into the rear or side.

Rules I wouldn't say are confusing however they can be bent.

M113 woodland +1

No to capture zones.

I have no opinion on the flag.

A small circle with say 100m around the base would be a good touch for a safe zone.

The problem with the current rules, is that they don't specify a lot of things. And if drawn into a support case, it only depends on what the admin says. So it's kinda a "Flip the coin" thing.

I already talked to some people about the Capture zones, and they said that they don't think they will be added for PMC aswell, which isn't that big of a problem. But a cool addition would be the ability for PMC to atleast neutralize a Captured zone. Like get contracted by Blufor, to neutralize a Terrorist Captured zone.

The thing with the american flag from PMC base wasn't ment with much seriosity... xD. But since PMC/ION have a flag of themselves in-game (would be a cool little detail to have in the PMC base), we tought would be cool to RP a PMC protest at PMC base, which we did, and destroy the flag (which we also (tried to do) did;(because the flag is in a safezone, nothing can be destroyed there, so we kinda had to imagine that we did it, and was quite fun not gonna lie.)). A protest that got supported by UN and that we have made some screenshots that I will post in a Topic on General Discussions later today.

So I just tought of some cool things that they could add to PMC x2:

Allow Peacekeeping PMC to form a "PMC Zone Capturing" for fully capturing a Gangarea to stopping Drug runners (when you only neutralize a gangarea, all they have to do is to capture it again, and only then you get notified, and if not close to it, they will get away). By fully capturing it, will give Peacekeeping PMC more time to react and go to the gang area, because the drug runner has to first neutralize the gangarea (which will notify), and then capture it for his own gang (which will also notify). By seeing that someone has neutralized one of the PMC captured areas, he will get notified quicker, and have more times to respond. Like that they would not only have some Zones of theirs to take care of, but also have a better paycheck. We could have it called something like: "PMC Zone", or just "PMC Zone Capturing" (the name of the gang). The way this would work, is that a PMC would create a gang and name it "PMC Zone Capturing" and capture the gang areas and turn them into PMC Zones.

In case we won't be allowed to fully capture a Gangarea to turn it into a PMC Zone, we could atleast allow Peacekeeping PMC to form a "Gangarea Neutralizing Division" (be in a gang and name it something like: "PMC Gangareas Neutralizing"; I've actually done this multiple times and no one complained) so they would neutralize captured gangareas by drug runners. That way they will put an obstacle infront of them, and stop them from doing drugs. The way this would work, is that a PMC would create a gang and name it "PMC "Gangareas Neutralizing", then if any gangareas are captured by any gang. He will go and neutralize it. If the gang would get captured again, he would go and stop them, then neutralize it again.

Make PMC not kos to Indeps/terrorists  (because it really doesn't make sence for a Private Military Company to be kos to terrorists, so making it like UN curently is would be recommended)

or
Make it so, that when a PMC is Peacekeeping, then he won't be kos to Indeps/Terrorists. (because that's not really Peacekeeping)

Add a rule stating that: When a PMC has declared Peacekeeping and gets a contract to kill a cop (that in some case can be right infront of him), he won't be allowed to just say:"Peacekeeping over" then "Contract Accepted" and just switch in a second like that from Peacekeeping to Kill Contract. He would have to declare something like:"I have a Personal Contract, I will end Peacekeeping in five minutes.", doing this, people (especially blufor and opfor) would know, that he will be no longer Peacekeeping and not be surprised if they get shot by a PMC.

Make it so that PMCs won't be allowed to take actions against eachother (this is very recommeded because it wouldn't make sence for PMCs to take actions against eachother when they can literally see eachother's tag). Even tho stated in the rules that a player isn't allowed to take any actions against other players in the same faction, I have seen some cases of confusion where PMC would not know if they are allowed/not allowed to take actions against eachother, and will be suspicious about one another and proceed in not trusting eachother. This

These are my toughts for now, I'll post some more if I will have others.

Tell me what you think of them.

- Sebi (Dimitry Pentrenko)

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.