Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarge

Suggestions pt1

Just now, Genix said:

Eh, depends how you look at it, I feel their weaponry and such is alright but that's just my opinion.

Well, our weaponry is the worst lol, we don't even have a Night Vision scoped Sniper. We have the most expensive things. It's clear that the situation of PMC rn is just a placeholder.

5 minutes ago, Sebi (Dimitry Petrenko) said:

Well, our weaponry is the worst lol, we don't even have a Night Vision scoped Sniper. We have the most expensive things. It's clear that the situation of PMC rn is just a placeholder.

In terms of the NV scope sniper, no faction has one unless you're a donator if I'm not mistaken. I feel you with the expensive items though, we Independents don't have it too easy in terms of prices either but I try to make do.

1 minute ago, Sebi (Dimitry Petrenko) said:

I mean that, that's really stupid and should give everyone atleast a Night Vision gun. Than just giving special powers to "speacial" ones

Yeah, it's kind of dumb, but hey...

Ik.., I kinda got used to it tbh. Just like the good ol' Arma 2 Dayz Mod, blindly sniping in the night, like a Predator.

..., but the idea is still annoying.

Not that big a deal to me because I've always used the SVD and can snipe pretty well even in the night.

6 hours ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Some of those features wont appear, as this server is Vanilla, and uses only assets of Arma 2, so double deckers and stuff like that wont appear.

I dont see an idea behind making a Checkpoint at GS1... Thats like putting an actual checkpoint just in front of the bank, those 2 are most fun and can be reached easly by blufor (gs1 is fun for police chases)

Suvs are avaible for civs so we can stop this idea...  Landrover is as good as Suv, even better as it has gunner slot.

UN base at cpa is okay.

Just, remember that population here is decaying, and theres no point in gathering whole dev team to work 24/7 and reseting sever every update. This is not worth that much work, beside that i dont think anyone here would like to waste so much of his time.

Keep your suggestions clear guys, make them easy for Devs and dont write everywhere about adding assets that are NOT in Arma 2, and have to be downloaded. I believe that Smidge has recently talked about it.

the double decker bus is just two busses stacked, rise bro 

Also, buses aint even used that often here, so whats the point of wasting Dev time on that. Manhours of developers work are limited, and should be used for priorities and things that will be actually useful for gameplay and rp

14 minutes ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Dont even use word RISE, in my head i only see images of frustrated guys that DDOS other TL servers and shit around... Glad their community havent survived tho

Oh? Evidence please of anyone that is doing so? I've been asking for it but oddly enough, I can't seem to get any... ¬¬ I at least have way better things to do with my time like university courses and research.

15 minutes ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Also, buses aint even used that often here, so whats the point of wasting Dev time on that. Manhours of developers work are limited, and should be used for priorities and things that will be actually useful for gameplay and rp

I'd agree with your sentiment here. There are far more pressing bugs to fix that will add much more to overall gameplay than a double decker bus though. Not that hard it do since its just an attach command but still, better things could be worked on.

35 minutes ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Dont even use word RISE, in my head i only see images of frustrated guys that DDOS other TL servers and shit around... Glad their community havent survived tho

well I didn't use the word "RISE", I used just rise lmao

8 minutes ago, Montel Williams said:

What do you not understand about that?

damn gtfo out my post, go bitch about rise or whatever in a seperate post

12 hours ago, Sarge said:

Make pmc humvees black

I'd agree with this as well to help differentiate between BLUFOR and PMCs. Could also have a logo (that is transpose-able given how A2 handles skins) for PMC and slap that on to further make it distinct?

13 minutes ago, Sarge said:

damn gtfo out my post, go bitch about rise or whatever in a seperate post

I'm not bitching at all dude. Was just addressing that issue and then leaving it at that. I never brought it up in the first place and I don't want to derail the thread. (RISE is a dead community btw. I hope you come to realize that I at least have zero issues with TLX and just want the best possible Takistan Life server to provide that nostalgic gameplay. I could care less what community is behind it.)

I'm in this thread to talk about the suggestions and see if there is any input that I could provide that others might find helpful or disagree with as they have better ideas.

7 minutes ago, Montel Williams said:

I'd agree with this as well to help differentiate between BLUFOR and OPFOR. Could also have a logo (that is transpose-able given how A2 handles skins) for PMC and slap that on to further make it distinct?

The thing is that PMC vehicles are black, with no markings.

The thing is that PMC vehicles are black, with no markings.

This is a good point you bring up. I get where you are coming from on the cohesion between the various vehicles they have. I suppose it would have to be an all or nothing thing if a logo would be wanted or not. Clean black is probably the nicer option thinking about it.