Han Solo

OPFOR/BLUFOR Armament that needs CHANGED!

As an Independent player (most of the time), I think we can all agree that some of the vehicles that OPFOR and BLUFOR have access from the get-go are pretty overpowered. This needs to be changed. There is almost nothing an Independent can do whenever SOMEONE gets an Mi-24 or  a L-39ZA. It is pretty disappointing when someone buys one of those things and destroys every single Independent that tries to make their way across the border. The server I was previously on did not have this issue as the owners agreed that it was overpowered and have had it set to be used as a martial law/war vehicle only. This is what this server lacks. Imagine, playing as an Independent loaded up with a RPK and an RPG-7 which costs around 900k, arriving 300 M away from Checkpoint Bravo only to get mowed down from an angry OPFOR with an Mi-24 from 5000 meters away.

I feel this would balance the gameplay if such vehicle was not allowed when a war is not in action. BLUFOR has a different but similar story as they can purchase a HUMVEE TOW and destroy anything from crazy distances with only a press of a button with it's lock-on missile. These overpowered OPFOR and BLUFOR vehicles really need to be modified as to when you can purchase them. It just makes people want to quit and not come back when it happens, which is overall bad for the reputation of the community. I really enjoy Takistan Life, but there is always room for improvement. Thank you for taking the time to read my salty-ish post, and feel free to give your personal opinion as well. (P.S, It is okay to  -1 even if you use these all the time, I understand :D )

VEHICLES THAT I THINK NEED BE CHANGED:

Mi-24 (OPFOR)

HUMVEE TOW (BLUFOR)

L-39ZA (OPFOR)

Edited for logical statements about some vehicles not being overpowered.

List any OPFOR/BLUFOR Vehicles that you think should be changed.

Edited by Han Solo
Changed some things.

-1 they are powerful forces and have the money but the shouldn't be tweaked as the aren't op.

Edited by DOMOCOP14

Just now, DOMOCOP14 said:

+1 they are powerful forces and have the money but the should be tweaked as the are op. but the crows i think isn't too op

I had internal arguments with myself about adding that to the list, but I thought, hey why not.

• Like 1

-1 Opfor and Blufor are military forces,Opfor being a large section of the Russian Army and NATO being a collection of Multi-National Peacekeeping Forces. Militaries tend to have heavy weapons and vehicles.

Indeps on the other hand are a Guerilla Insurgent force,they would not and should not have the means to equal entire armies. Indeps strength comes from suprise hit and run attacks,not prolonged combat.

But...I suppose people disagree.

• Like 1

Just a quick correction, I believe what is being referred to as the L-159A is actually the L-39ZA. The L-159 is a Czech variant of the L-39 and is not in our mission.

1 minute ago, Giovanni said:

Just a quick correction, I believe what is being referred to as the L-159A is actually the L-39ZA. The L-159 is a Czech variant of the L-39 and is not in our mission.

Yes it is, my bad. Fixed.

Opfor and Blufor should be stronger than independents, allowing that power gap between the armies and the independent brings a good balance to the game. 

If Opfor/Blufor were equal to indeps, then the server mind as well be run by indeps. 

As an indep, you choose to not be part either armies, therefore your gear and supplies will be limited and the 2 armies will be stronger.

• Like 1

All of the vehicles r fine bc most of the time indeps destroy us as opfor and blufor, no matter what we have. 

-1 And let me explain why

1. Lack of fighter pilots

We as opfor are not really using L39s anymore, at least whenever i am online we have no one that can fly jets. Therefore we have recently switched over to the mi-24's. Now with that said i have lot Millions of dollars worth in hinds to Indepts setting up AI mounted Igla pods all over their hills, Even then most of our choppers are lost to an indept with a M2 truck somewhere that our radar is not picking up and we are shot down when we our guard is down which is why they never last more than an hour at most

2. We cannot use Ground armor

We are forced to use air assets because of the way indepts perform, As soon as i pull a BMP-2 or T-72 the indepts will sit on a hill, Supporter or not and use a rocket launcher to take out all of our heavy equipment. Which is why OPFOR has seen a sharp decline in armor usage So whenever those annoying snipers take on a hill some distance away, it is easier to just call in an airstrike rather than loose 4 men to a the sniper trying to take him out on foot or in a vehicle.

3. The m47 Dragon

As you know, Supporter indepts are given access to a lock on missile launcher which enables them to sit out 1.5 clicks in blufor territory and pick off each and every one of our armored vehicles. Which is why we have to use an airstrike to take him out because even in a BTR or some other tank or APC they just dip behind some rocks and our shells are no longer effective. And with artillery being War use only the only other asset we have is the MI24 or the L39(if we have someone to fly it).

In other words, Take away the mi24s and we loose our counter against the indepts  

40 minutes ago, Kane said:

-1 And let me explain why

1. Lack of fighter pilots

We as opfor are not really using L39s anymore, at least whenever i am online we have no one that can fly jets. Therefore we have recently switched over to the mi-24's. Now with that said i have lot Millions of dollars worth in hinds to Indepts setting up AI mounted Igla pods all over their hills, Even then most of our choppers are lost to an indept with a M2 truck somewhere that our radar is not picking up and we are shot down when we our guard is down which is why they never last more than an hour at most

2. We cannot use Ground armor

We are forced to use air assets because of the way indepts perform, As soon as i pull a BMP-2 or T-72 the indepts will sit on a hill, Supporter or not and use a rocket launcher to take out all of our heavy equipment. Which is why OPFOR has seen a sharp decline in armor usage So whenever those annoying snipers take on a hill some distance away, it is easier to just call in an airstrike rather than loose 4 men to a the sniper trying to take him out on foot or in a vehicle.

3. The m47 Dragon

As you know, Supporter indepts are given access to a lock on missile launcher which enables them to sit out 1.5 clicks in blufor territory and pick off each and every one of our armored vehicles. Which is why we have to use an airstrike to take him out because even in a BTR or some other tank or APC they just dip behind some rocks and our shells are no longer effective. And with artillery being War use only the only other asset we have is the MI24 or the L39(if we have someone to fly it).

In other words, Take away the mi24s and we loose our counter against the indepts  

What he said

7 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Mi-24 (OPFOR)

Maybe.. The real reason why people play Opfor is because you're not restricted to a HUMVEE TOW to take out a heavy vehicle

HUMVEE TOW (BLUFOR)

Wait what... Only reason some gets a tow is to take out a heavy vehicle. Which is why most martial laws occur so what would really be the point here...

HUMVEE CROWS (BLUFOR)

What?

L-39ZA (OPFOR)

It's a jet, maybe you know, it should be wartime thing. But who would buy a L-39ZA during war? Waste of money.

STRYKER MK19 (BLUFOR)

How dare you. The Stryker is a noble warrior. One rocket is more than enough to take this out. Who would buy this for martial law when you can get something more OP.

6 hours ago, Lex_The_Great said:

How dare you. The Stryker is a noble warrior. One rocket is more than enough to take this out. Who would buy this for martial law when you can get something more OP.

The Stryker can be killed with a FN fal so not exactly op

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Han Solo said:

STRYKER MK19 (BLUFOR)

Seeing as I was the one who raised the point posted by Domo, I should probably explain. The Stryker is NOT overpowered. Sure, at first it can be daunting, but if you know how to take it down, a single mag of an FN-FAL can destroy the Stryker (I can show you exactly where to hit if you'd like at some point.)

Overall, I'll give a -1 personally, I don't see any of the vehicles as particularly overpowered (With the exception of the L39), I think it's more of a problem that, right now, people have too much money.

54 minutes ago, ThePsychopath said:

Seeing as I was the one who raised the point posted by Domo, I should probably explain. The Stryker is NOT overpowered. Sure, at first it can be daunting, but if you know how to take it down, a single mag of an FN-FAL can destroy the Stryker (I can show you exactly where to hit if you'd like at some point.)

Overall, I'll give a -1 personally, I don't see any of the vehicles as particularly overpowered (With the exception of the L39), I think it's more of a problem that, right now, people have too much money.

It can level the city of Rasman in less than 15 seconds. But, I have to agree with you on it not being necessarily overpowered, especially when it comes to how weak the armor is.

8 hours ago, Masten24 said:

-1 the TOW and the CROW are not op a vodnick can take out both easily. 

I only really personally think the TOW is the overpowered one of the two, I plan to change my personal list because of this. Remember, it's only what I think. I'm sure their are more vehicles out there that can trump it quite easily. 

11 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

What they said above.
The HMMV-TOW is easily matched by the BRDM-ATGM anyway...

Whoever is stationary on a far away hill will win that fight no matter what.

• Like 1

I only speak of this list because that is how it was on RISE. On there, BLUFOR wasn't really considered a very big military force, and it was more of an actual cop team with very good role-playing. When they did need to use heavy vehicles, they relied on Martial Law, where they can bring out the war vehicles to deal with an exceptional force; such as 2 t-55's or something like that. Even before they declared it, they always attempted to take it out with a rocket launcher or a non-martial law vehicle, or die trying before bringing out the big guns. On RISE, war and martial law vehicles weren't two separate lists like on here. You have to understand that it is just annoying barely getting past CPB and getting killed by a TOW that you cannot see unless you have your view distance set to 5000.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.