Sign in to follow this  
JumpyWizard

Lack of Blufor Major

Good evening/morning/whatever

So I, as a staff member, have been getting quite a few requests about the possibility of joint ops and so on, unfortunately, I have to disappoint the people asking me each and every time. Reason being is that in the rules, joint ops may be declared if allowed by both faction leaders, aka Majors of each faction.

Now, the OpFor Major is not my problem, at all, my problem lies with the Blufor Major. I never see the guy on, ever, I do know that he and I are in two completely different timezones, but the people that share his timezone also stated that they rarely, if ever, see him on. I also have the ability to go and see when players were last seen on the server, and it told me that he was last seen 2,5 months ago, which in my opinion shouldn't be okay/allowed.

Well... What to do about it?

I know that the Blufor Major, Canadian Bacon/Timmy Taliban, primarily put his focus (if any) towards Arma 3, which in my opinion isn't the most important and the reasoning for that is because the Arma 3 just got opened up for staff members to test. 

So perhaps what we need is either a new Blufor Major or a second one that dedicates more time towards Arma 2 and even Arma 3 would be great, of course, the guy needs to be active and well-liked among the community, but that wouldn't be so hard to find if a new search for a Blufor Major was created.

Wizard

I thought ranks didn't matter til the ranking structure actually comes (if it does) and you only need to be in the designated slot for opfor or elected as blufor.

12 minutes ago, Roque said:

I thought ranks didn't matter til the ranking structure actually comes (if it does) and you only need to be in the designated slot for opfor or elected as blufor.

So did I. But I've asked and received confirmation from higher-ups that the rule means Major

''Joint operations (a.k.a cross-border operations) may be declared to allow the 2 factions to legally cross the border into each other’s territory. Terms must be approved by commanding officers on both factions.''

Even just a simple change in the rules would put an end to the questions about joint ops

+1 we need a new major! our current major does not play anymore and needs to be replaced already.

10 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

So did I. But I've asked and received confirmation from higher-ups that the rule means Major

''Joint operations (a.k.a cross-border operations) may be declared to allow the 2 factions to legally cross the border into each other’s territory. Terms must be approved by commanding officers on both factions.''

Even just a simple change in the rules would put an end to the questions about joint ops

yikes +1 then

8 minutes ago, Elijah said:

+1 we need a new major! our current major does not play anymore and needs to be replaced already.

dude never played

+1 

I have not seen Bacon on once since his appointment. I can understand why a couple of others were really pissed off they lost the position to him.

@ANC Would be my first choice currently. Even if only temporary.

14 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

+1 

I have not seen Bacon on once since his appointment. I can understand why a couple of others were really pissed off they lost the position to him.

@ANC Would be my first choice currently. Even if only temporary.

+1 ANC, approved by the IET. He has been a worthy adversary and can lead blufor in a good direction.

13 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

+1 ANC, approved by the IET. He has been a worthy adversary and can lead blufor in a good direction.

totally agree he's a great guy and a better adversary

I’d like to make a few little points here.

Blufor major will not change. I’ve spoken to Bacon Wednesday about this issue and he will become more active. I don’t see anyone who has more qualifications than he does (sorry if I offend anyone). Play time does NOT make you a good leader.

The rule that was mentioned is like that to prevent joint operations from declared every 10 minutes by the ingame leader slots (the two factions are at war...why would they work together?) I don’t see a need for joint ops period.

Arma 2 will get one update until we shift our focus to Arma 3, that update will be the economy changes and not the whitelisting. Whitelisting is what is mainly restricting both factions from my point of view, hence why he wants to focus on that.

After viewing the way the vote is going, opfor will more than likely be implemented (and whitelisted) in Arma 3 which means both faction leaders will actually be able to do their own thing.  Once the server is released for the public to test, I want both majors to focus on their respective factions on the new server and not the old one..since whitelisting isn’t happening for it.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention he stated that he will mainly focus on Arma 3 when he first was appointed to the position, but may implement some Arma 2 Roleplay. 

i would think playing the game would be the first and only necessary qualification, what else could there be? knows how to unlock cars? impounds abandoned vehicles? fixes blockages on main thoroughfares with treefixer? why would people actually playing the game need permission from someone who is not even on the server to do anything? that seems silly.

it should be leader slot for opfor and whoever is elected chief. same for war. people shouldn't need non roleplay involved people with ceremonial titles permission to do something with people who are actually in the game. that really seems like failrp

ranks not in the game are silly and just for people who want some sort of imaginary respect and power

1 minute ago, staan said:

i would think playing the game would be the first and only necessary qualification, what else could there be? knows how to unlock cars? impounds abandoned vehicles? fixes blockages on main thoroughfares with treefixer? why would people actually playing the game need permission from someone who is not even on the server to do anything? that seems silly.

it should be leader slot for opfor and whoever is elected chief. same for war. people shouldn't need non roleplay involved people with ceremonial titles permission to do something with people who are actually in the game. that really seems like failrp

ranks not in the game are silly and just for people who want some sort of imaginary respect and power

TLX is turning into an actual roleplay server when it comes to arma 3 and somewhat on arma 2, believe it or not, hence why that permission is needed. Its also needed to limit the amount of joint operations and wars there are. I'm sure if you were an independent you wouldn't want both factions coming after you in the independent territory. If you were civilian, im sure you wouldnt want war every 15 minutes over some BS reason....i know i don't and that's the exact reason why staff permission is required for war. I have strongly debated on allowing the arma 2 server to go back to how it was before the ranking system was..somewhat put into place and allow the Major/Mayor to focus on Arma 3.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.