Mark Stavaros

[BLUFOR] Replace Czech Skins with U.S. Military

For people that do not have the Army of the Czech Republic DLC (I do but besides the point), the BLUFOR textures look like absolute garbage unless you score a Delta Force slot. I would like to suggest that the Czech skins are replaced with the U.S. Military, either the U.S. Marines or Army skins. I think this makes more RP sense as well, the Czech Republic has been limited in area control in the middle east, and having full U.S. Military textures would seem more realistic. I know it would take some work, but it would definitely improve the server. 

Personally, I would like to see more varied skins from multiple factions within NATO, including the British Armed Forces, rather than just the United States, for example.

59 minutes ago, ThePsychopath said:

Personally, I would like to see more varied skins from multiple factions within NATO, including the British Armed Forces, rather than just the United States, for example.

Yeah, I agree, having the BAF would be realistic as opposed to the ACR. I just think ACR should be removed, and I think BAF should be a purchased skin as not everybody will have it 

These are mostly already available. While not all skins across all of the BLUFOR countries are available there are already a majority of them ingame. The issue of course is that they're restricted exclusively to supporters and they are hidden in certain places around the map. This may be changed in future however as I don't believe that many of the people who know about this are agreeable with keeping them hidden. The skins do currently exist but were hidden around the map years ago before the current administration team existed or had the authority to change this. It has been briefly brought up between a couple of higher up staff previously and we didn't really like the idea of keeping these skins hidden.

9 hours ago, Mark Stavaros said:

I would like to suggest that the Czech skins are replaced with the U.S. Military, either the U.S. Marines or Army skins. I think this makes more RP sense as well,

Blufor is NATO though so just having them as US Military would be kinda FailRP since NATO's troops are a mixture of every country, just as psychopath said it would be better to have more variation in the skins.

33 minutes ago, DefaultFun said:

Blufor is NATO though so just having them as US Military would be kinda FailRP since NATO's troops are a mixture of every country, just as psychopath said it would be better to have more variation in the skins.

It is true that NATO comprises of a collection of countries, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's "Fail RP" because you can only play as one. You generally don't have multiple countries mixed together into a single group; they usually have their own separate forces.

However, I do agree that there should be more freedom of choice with the uniforms available and therefore will be adding new options, possibly making the US Army uniforms default in place of the Czech ones as well.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 2

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.