Jack Daniels

Required Gear

I understand that it is hard to verify that users are using the required gear but i still believe that it is a good idea to have all blufor carry a certain amount of gear, such as a taser with x number of mags( mostly to prevent everyone from just shooting every criminal they see), medkits, repair kits, and so on.

23 minutes ago, Jack Daniels said:

I understand that it is hard to verify that users are using the required gear but i still believe that it is a good idea to have all blufor carry a certain amount of gear, such as a taser with x number of mags( mostly to prevent everyone from just shooting every criminal they see), medkits, repair kits, and so on.

Great idea but they need to fix weapon bags

+1 I agree that blufor should be required to have a taser (with mags). Also fixing the stun weapons disappearing after relogging would be a huge help

There used to be a rule where Blufor and Opfor were required to have at least 1 stun weapon so I do believe that these factions should have at least 1 stun gun so they don't blast away a guy for loitering.

I don't think Blufor should be required to carry a taser, because not having one is simply putting them at a disadvantage. Just because they don't have a taser on them doesn't give them the right to kill people in situations where they normally couldn't, they'll just be left without a proper tool at their disposal to stop someone who is fleeing.

Plus, requiring a taser would make other pistols redundant, since you wouldn't be able to use them.

• Like 1

If a cop doesn't have a taser that is fucking gay and if that's not a rule it should be.

How are they supposed to actually arrest anyone? Or do anything other than kill? They aren't Nazis they are supposed to be cops. 

• Dislike 1

If we require Blufor to have tasers then we need to do the same with Opfor. If we do that then we might as well remove pistols from both shops as the taser will take up that slot. 

^

you could have a lethal pistol and use the stun shotgun

Edited by staan

I carry a G17 with 2 stun mags and 6 lethal mags in my non-lethal build ;)

Besides, who actually uses their pistol to kill people anyway? Unless your out of ammo or your primary weapon is a bolt action rifle.

You can also load stun ammo into an UZI or any other weapon that takes M9SD ammo.

Edited by Supersahen

1 hour ago, Supersahen said:

I carry a G17 with 2 stun mags and 6 lethal mags in my non-lethal build ;)

Besides, who actually uses their pistol to kill people anyway? Unless your out of ammo or your primary weapon is a bolt action rifle.

You can also load stun ammo into an UZI or any other weapon that takes M9SD ammo.

30 Round uzi stun mag? I wish

So if a criminal civilian is running around, unarmed, are we just supposed to either shoot them or let them go? Kind of hard to knock someone out if they are running around.

Either way. I always carry a stun as both blufor and opfor and I hope everyone else will, even if it isn't a part of the rules.

23 minutes ago, Drew said:

30 Round uzi stun mag? I wish

No but you can put 15 round stun mag in and have a 15 round full auto stun gun.

• Thanks 1

Myself and Super did some tests on stun range of pistol (20m) and Shotgun (??150m?? @Super Correct??). If they could be buffed then i would see it used alot more but when RP it self is iffy at the best of times its hard to roll around carrying a stun pistol when the next person you come across could be indie or civ with a rifle.

11 hours ago, aleks said:

Disappearing M9 stun rounds are not fixed yet,so i don't think this would work.

@Supersahen Knows where the problem is in the mission file.

Edited by TristanAus

Regarding tear gas could we perhaps add an animation or sound que for when someone has been effected by tear gas, at the moment it is a guessing game for cops weather or not it has worked. The only effect on people from tear gas is intermittent flashs of white on their screen, while it does obscure their vision cops have no idea if its worked or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JumpyWizard said:

So if a criminal civilian is running around, unarmed, are we just supposed to either shoot them or let them go? Kind of hard to knock someone out if they are running around.

Either way. I always carry a stun as both blufor and opfor and I hope everyone else will, even if it isn't a part of the rules.

I always try to carry taser but often i forget that stun mags are removed on reconnect. And once im 5km out im like FUCK.

• Like 1

Require tazers, real cops have to use less lethal and you should too, it's called appropriate use of force. Teenagers deployed to combat zones gotta know definitively what the target is and what's behind it, and do better job of not shooting people than cops do domestically and people are actually out there trying to kill them. If you worried about being out gunned carrying a tazer, partner up with someone else and have them cover you with a pistol/shotgun/rifle while you deploy less lethal. If you gotta shoot people as a cop your probably doing it wrong. 

But you all have to remember, Blufor is a MILITARY force, not a police force even tho they do “police/enforce the laws.” I know their SUV says police only because when I owned this community it was a police force and they were required to have it. I do agree they need some sort of less than lethal but it shouldn’t be required. If they kill an unarmed criminal civilian, you report them as they shouldn’t be killed and should have a chance to pay their bounty. I’m not gonna make it a requirement. Now if we decide to do Arma 3, I may make it a requirement due to you being able to place it in your inventory.

if a director wishes to make it a requirement, so be it. I will look at reimplementing the cop test until the whitelisting is implimented.

15 hours ago, JumpyWizard said:

Then it's on you for not bringing a taser. The rules of engagement don't change just because you forgot one. That said, I want to leave it to the discretion of players if they wish to equip a taser or not. If they go into the field without one, it may end up putting them at a disadvantage but in the end, that's their fault.

10 hours ago, xpoqx said:

Require tazers, real cops have to use less lethal and you should too, it's called appropriate use of force.

Just because someone isn't carrying a taser doesn't mean the use of force rules change and they're all of a sudden allowed to kill somebody.

As Unknown has stated, BLUFOR is a military occupational/peacekeeping force. They are not your local police department.

TL;DR: Not bringing a taser puts you at a disadvantage. It does not change the rules regarding use of force. If people want to make the choice not to equip a taser, it's on them.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 1

There is also the problem of all factions value of life, regardless of faction generally there is no real value towards life other than inconvenience of starting again.

Depending on the person and faction loss of items, its better as a civ with a small inventory playing criminal to be killed by police and respawn then to give up, be sent to jail and start from rasman.

As a Bluefor/Opfor loss of vehicle or cash is generally the only downside to death.

Indies have everything to loss. Thus value their life more generally and do the most in staying alive (generally).

What I'm saying from this is if we could make the value of life worth more for civs, cops and opfor. Increase respawn timers for civs and allow prision times to be greater than 5mins, remove ammo from bluefor/opfor when they die or other suggestions to make the value of life in game higher.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.