Complexity

Community/Server Issues

Read This Thread Completely Before Commenting

Recently on the server, there has been a lot of controversy over suspected cheater(s) being un-banned and banned.  As well as it seems the staff is not handling the situation the way it should be handled.  When it comes to these suspected hacker(s), they will be banned, then un-banned later that day within a few hours and this has raised some questions throughout the players of the community.  Why are these player(s) being banned 2x+ for "suspected cheating" yet un-banned every time?  One second a staff member will see proof and see a situation with his own eyes, and say 100% this player is cheating.  Next thing, the player will be un-banned an hour later or so and the staff will claim it as "Desync" or "A glitch in the logs/game."  It seems very hard to believe that these "Glitches" and "Desync" keep happening to these suspected player(s) and no one else.  I feel that if 95% of the server says someone's cheating, the staff should be handling the situation right away.

I don't understand how staff changes their minds so suddenly and it honestly seems somewhat off.  It seems the staff has a biased towards these "suspected cheater(s)" in one way or another.  The situation should be dealt with immediately and the video evidence should be looked through and analyzed using common sense and logic without any bias, yet it seems this is not happening.  I want this server to thrive, considering it is one of the only Takistan Life servers left and I very much enjoy playing on it.  Yet it feels that sooner or later this community will go down if the players are constantly upset over a player cheating.  The staff seems to be biased, the players are upset, and frankly, nothing is being changed or done about it.  With these "suspected cheaters()" running around making players more and more upset, the server will die out quicker than you think and there will be nothing left for people to enjoy.  So please take this thread seriously, and see where I'm coming from, from a players perspective, and not a staff member.  I hope these issues get fixed throughout the staff team, and throughout the community, so we can all go back to enjoying the game without any frustration of "suspected cheater(s)".

Thank you for reading, Complexity.

PLEASE KEEP ANY NAMES OFF OF THIS THREAD BTW, THIS IS A GENERAL THREAD, NO SPECIFICS

Edited by Complexity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Complexity said:

I don't understand how staff changes their minds so suddenly and it honestly seems somewhat off.  It seems the staff has a biased towards these "suspected cheaters" in one way or another.

+1

• Thanks 1

I haven't played much yet so i don't feel like a +1 is in measure, although in my little time i have seen a lot of people complaining about this over global and in teamspeak.

If something is causing people to make a forum post and bitch over global it should be looked into, that is how other takistan life servers have died; with staff members ignoring stuff that is happening on the server because they don't care or they just think its a bit of harmless fun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Complexity said:

It seems very hard to believe that these "Glitches" and "Desync" keep happening to these suspected players and no one else.  I feel that if 95% of the server says someone's cheating, the staff should be handling the situation right away.

+1

I think if someone has been repeatedly reported for hacking/cheating and especially by a large portion of the players online at the time, they need to be temporarily blocked/banned from joining the server, at least until they have been cleared of any accusations or while they are under staff investigation. A common problem is some people get so frustrated they cant locate or kill someone who's been shitting on them and instantly resort to hackusations. Some people just cant handle being fucked on by someone better than them. 

Edited by Smidge Griffkin
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, CrazyAsian said:

wait who's cheating?!?  

Its for the admins to determine whether or not they were cheating. If found guilty im sure they will be shamed and we can throw rotten tomatoes at them.

1 hour ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Its for the admins to determine whether or not they were cheating. If found guilty im sure they will be shamed and we can throw rotten tomatoes at them.

To the gallows with them!

• Like 1

The specific issue at hand here will be brought up at our staff meeting today. We will go through every ounce of evidence given and make a verdict. However, one thing I will say is that this issue surrounds one specific player, not a group of players. I don't know where the plural players came from.

Many accusations have been thrown around and people in general are very quick to go on a witch hunt against a suspected cheater without seeing solid evidence.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

The specific issue at hand here will be brought up at our staff meeting today. We will go through every ounce of evidence given and make a verdict. However, one thing I will say is that this issue surrounds one specific player, not a group of players. I don't know where the plural players came from.

Many accusations have been thrown around and people in general are very quick to go on a witch hunt against a suspected cheater without seeing solid evidence.

I know it is around one specific player, didn't want to name any names so I just put "players", yet I should have put the (s) like that.  My bad.  But that's not the only issue Giovanni.  It's also bias throughout the staff team on this issue and many other issues.

16 minutes ago, Complexity said:

I know it is around one specific player, didn't want to name any names so I just put "players", yet I should have put the (s) like that.  My bad.  But that's not the only issue Giovanni.  It's also bias throughout the staff team on this issue and many other issues.

Staff bias will be dealt with on a case by case basis and I encourage you to submit a staff complaint or use the Staff Complaint forum if you have noticed any issues. The Google Form is visible only to me; the forum one is visible to administrators.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.