Elijah

Stunning with shotguns

So recently I was thinking about how the stun shotgun works. I was thinking that since it uses a slug it might make sense if you where allowed to use it to stun someone in an unarmored vehicle through a window. I am putting this in general chat because I don't know if it would be a good idea or not and I just want to know what other people think on the topic.

To be honest i like it, reason being is that if you have a shotgun or assault rifle with stun ammo, the amount of momentum the stun round has is 20 times greater than a regular taser round. This force is capable of going through 4, 1 inch thick pieces of glass. Thus meaning it is perfectly capable of going through a cars windshield or windows. But also going with this, technically if I were to take an m9 with stun rounds in irl (yes these exist) It would also be capable of going through a cars windshield or windows. The amount of momentum the stun round in an m9 is capable of going through 2, 1 inch thick pieces of glass. So technically the rule about shooting through glass to stun someone needs to be removed due to the fact it is not real, in a sense you're able to do it so why shouldn't you. It's used in irl so why can't we use it in game? Get my point?

• Like 1

That rule is probably there because if the car is moving it will result in a kill. I don't think the rule would be enforced by using it on someone in a stopped vehicle, unless the person moderating it is of low intelligence.

1 hour ago, staan said:

That rule is probably there because if the car is moving it will result in a kill. I don't think the rule would be enforced by using it on someone in a stopped vehicle, unless the person moderating it is of low intelligence.

Well as of right now it is against the rules in any way. So if the moderator punishes someone for stunning they are simply doing their job and enforcing the rules. It in no way shows that the moderator is of "low intelligence"

1 hour ago, staan said:

Well as of right now it is against the rules in any way. So if the moderator punishes someone for stunning they are simply doing their job and enforcing the rules. It in no way shows that the moderator is of "low intelligence"

i'm pretty sure the moderators are allowed to use common sense when dealing with people who waste time in helprooms over trivial junk

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.