Sign in to follow this  
Fakie

KenP

[Player name] : KenP

[Date issue occured] : 3/24/18

[Issue] : I was walking down the road near CPR with my weapon out but lowered as I usually do for roleplay reasons, I like to go rabbit hunting(asking people if they've seen any), practicing having a weapon out and RPing with cops. And as I was just walking up and down the road, I start getting shot at and the guy(KenP - Indepentdent) kills me and I ask 400k comp. I dont have the screenshot but he comes back with "You're walking around with a rifle in rasman why would I comp you", then I tell him that "I wasn't in rasman I was near it(kinda cocky but I wasnt...) which adds nothing to it the fact that he shot a civilian posing no threat to him. Then KenP goes on with someone else trying to avoid the conversation, then he logs. Since I don't like to go to the help room immediately, because I like to try to get the stuff sorted out before going to staff,  he logged and the staff member I was with couldn't do anything about it.
[Evidence] : 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

In my opinion, one could argue that having a firearm out could pose a lethal threat..at the same time it doesn’t.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Unknown said:

In my opinion, one could argue that having a firearm out could pose a lethal threat..at the same time it doesn’t.

I do agree with that and appreciate your opinion, In my opinion I think that slow walking, not firing back and having my gun down is NOT posing a threat but people have different opinions. 

Excactly. This is one of those sticky situations. That rule should be clarified a little more.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Unknown said:

That rule should be clarified a little more.

What more needs to be clarified? 

unknownpoopoohead.png

Case is still pending. 

• Like 1

This doesnt seem to be a sticky situation at all. You were posing no reasonable threat to anyone and some idiot was looking for an easy kill.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Winters said:

What more needs to be clarified? 

unknownpoopoohead.png

Case is still pending. 

“Posing a lethal threat” One can argue that him having a firearm out is posing a lethal threat, which it technically is. The information in the brackets are just examples. Lethal Threats should be defined (basically remove the I.e. part and it’s defined on our terms)

• Like 1

Considering I was in a firefight with Blufor at the time! I guess someone was in the swag suv because it popped up when I spaced bar as a Blufor I will comp you 2 mil when I get back online! 

Edited by Kenp

Next time dont have a sd weapon "Rabbit Hunting" walking towards bushes into rasman! You will get shot everytime

• Dislike 7

2 hours ago, Kenp said:

Next time dont have a sd weapon "Rabbit Hunting" walking towards bushes into rasman! You will get shot everytime

And the people that shoot him will more than likely have to provide compensation to him. A civilian must pose a direct lethal threat..no need to really kill someone unless they are engaging you..but to each their own.

13 hours ago, Unknown said:

And the people that shoot him will more than likely have to provide compensation to him. A civilian must pose a direct lethal threat..no need to really kill someone unless they are engaging you..but to each their own.

I totally agree but if im not mistaking to be in rasman you have to have your rifle in trunk! You cant be walking around rasman with a rifle in your hand! 

11 minutes ago, Kenp said:

I totally agree but if im not mistaking to be in rasman you have to have your rifle in trunk! You cant be walking around rasman with a rifle in your hand! 

Even If I was in rasman having a rifle in my hands doesn't mean I am KOS, indep's shouldn't be worried about a civilian with a weapon out unless they are trying to rob you or something, leave that to the Blufor, if I had my weapon out IN rasman they would have the right to disarm me which is perfectly fine.

Well being 10 meter from rasman cp is being in rasman! And to be fair everyone is out to kill indies rather we are threat to civs or not! Lets be honest here if you came up on me while I was looking the other way me being an indie, Your telling me you wouldnt shoot me! Think not You was like 50 meters away from me my first shot was a warning and you kept coming towards me so i killed you! Usually when you get shot at you dont keep going the same way! So I was gonna comp you but you was posing a threat to me because after my warning shot, you kept coming towards me!

Just now, Kenp said:

Well being 10 meter from rasman cp is being in rasman! And to be fair everyone is out to kill indies rather we are threat to civs or not! Lets be honest here if you came up on me while I was looking the other way me being an indie, Your telling me you wouldnt shoot me! Think not You was like 50 meters away from me my first shot was a warning and you kept coming towards me so i killed you! Usually when you get shot at you dont keep going the same way! So I was gonna comp you but you was posing a threat to me because after my warning shot, you kept coming towards me!

No I wouldn't kill you.... Im a civilian you're an independent, If I were to kill you like you did me that would be RDM, everyone is not out to kill independents... civilians have many other things to do and tend to stay away from independents, bank robberies, mining, drugs.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

End of discussion let the mods take it from here im not gonna sit here and go back and forth wit you.... DISMISSED

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kenp said:

Thats a "law" not a rule.

• Like 3

It was a rule in the old server guess its not here anymore!

4 hours ago, Kenp said:

It was a rule in the old server guess its not here anymore!

It’s was a law. Maybe in a different server you played on.

So if its the law and he is not implying by it then he is a threat! wheather is gun is pointing down or not! thats like someone walking into the bank with the gun held down and having all there l's and says he is not robbing the bank! WTF is that?

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Kenp said:

So if its the law and he is not implying by it then he is a threat! wheather is gun is pointing down or not! thats like someone walking into the bank with the gun held down and having all there l's and says he is not robbing the bank! WTF is that?

Ok so first off he was not even it town let alone the bank secondly IRl no officer would kill a man who is walking around town with a rifle if anything he would taze him but even then he would try to negotiate first.

Edited by Elijah

14 hours ago, Kenp said:

Im just going to give you some advise. Generally what I do when I see a civ with a gun first I name check ask a teammate to see if they are wanted and if not I'll walk up to them and taze them, restain them then arrest them. If they kill you before you taze them they are breaking rules. Usually though if there is only one of them I'll talk to them for a bit ask them stuff like what they are doing if they kill me they are breaking rules and just go to staff if not you could gain enough trust to simply tell them they are breaking the law and tell them how much the ticket would be and just ask them to put their weapon in a vehicle.

11 hours ago, Kenp said:

And as an independent, you dont enforce the laws...

• Like 2

Doesnt matter if he is not following the laws then he not following the laws... This is a roleplaying server right? Im not enforcing them as indie if he is not following the law then he is a threat! 

But I guess I fucked up guys and Im sorry Im ready to take whatever punishment that is thrown my way! I will comp you 10 mil when I get on no worries!  

• Like 1