LordWookie

Ban Political Discussion.

So it seems players can not get along talking nicely about politics.
And well, it got to a point where one player has even been banned because of it. Therefor, I feel it's best we take an approach many other communities have taken and that's to ban all discussion of real world politics on the Discord, Website, Teamspeak and in game.

As it stands right now, two members of staff have Staff Channels which are decorated in political messages, and as specific players have made this an issue, I feel the best action forward is a blanket ban on politics.

Why? Because this is an online gaming community. A place people go to escape politics, not argue about it.

My recommended punishment guideline for such actions would be as followed.

Warning, Final Warning, 3D ban, Perm Ban (Appeal on Website)

As much as I stand up for freedom of speech, your freedom of speech only gives you the right to publicly voice your opinions to a Government Agency.

TLX is a private owned entity and since people are too immature to discuss it respectfully, I feel no discussion of the matter should happen at all.

I will add one note however, I do feel, inside of a private voice chat. (Supporter Room or Staff Channel), verbally discussing political events is fine, but abusing other players for their views is not. In a private room, if you disagree with somebody, you can just leave the room.

tld;r Ban Politics from channel descriptions, in game chat as well as the website and discord server.

Edited by LordWookie
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

We have an off topic, therefore i shall continue talking politics there. And if we are talking about tshaffer ban. This is stupid. That ban was not over politics.

And idk if you noticed. But pasty has the fascist doctrine and i have the communist manifesto as the teamspeak desc for our channels. We are simply educating people. I have no problem with discussing other politics and i am open to all views. I have had numerous talks on politics with other players and they seemed to enjoy talking. 

-1 gives players something else to talk about other than video games.

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Zerix said:

We have an off topic, therefore i shall continue talking politics there. And if we are talking about tshaffer ban. This is stupid. That ban was not over politics.

And idk if you noticed. But pasty has the fascist doctrine and i have the communist manifesto as the teamspeak desc for our channels. We are simply educating people. I have no problem with discussing other politics and i am open to all views. I have had numerous talks on politics with other players and they seemed to enjoy talking. 

-1 gives players something else to talk about other than video games.

That's a very aggressive and snappy remark that isn't needed from a staff member. 

Not once did I directly mention yourself, Pasty or anybody else. I did however say, MULTIPLE (More than one) staff member had it.

I also didn't mention any individual ban, as this isn't the place to discuss that, however the entire argument was started because of political views.

There is plenty of things to talk about other than video games, and politics isn't one of them in a video game community. I love talking about politics, but  there is a time and a place for it. And this  isn't it.

I did suggest this at the start to only be banned from IN-GAME btw.

Teamspeak discussion and discord discussion is perfectly fine and should be left that way. 

If you dont like the politics, don't look at it. We're all mature enough to respect opinions.

1 minute ago, Zerix said:

I did suggest this at the start to only be banned from IN-GAME btw.

Teamspeak discussion and discord discussion is perfectly fine and should be left that way. 

If you dont like the politics, don't look at it. We're all mature enough to respect opinions.

Eh, clearly a large part of the community disagree so far.

39 minutes ago, animeking said:

I couldn't agree more. Too many admins are pushing their own stupid political sentiments. It's unneeded, and just asking for trouble.

I disagree with the statement. There are PLENTY of people in the community who do it, and trying to pin it on staff is a little unfair.
There is no need from anybody to bring real world matters into a game. We should all enjoy it together, as a community rather than use politics to drive a wedge between us that has no place.

45 minutes ago, animeking said:

I couldn't agree more. Too many admins are pushing their own stupid political sentiments. It's unneeded, and just asking for trouble.

As much as I don't agree with attacking members of the staff team, I can see your point and do understand your reasoning for thinking this.

However I do ask you don't de-rail my post into something about the staff.
But, there are members of staff, who should be leading by setting a better example.

• Like 1

-1 Political should be a part of this community I think it should be implemented in-game of the games own political like takistans judges governors "prime minister" or even president it'll make the community more interesting 

( yes i know Y'all talking about actual political like trump vr shit but this'd be good ingame to )

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Volcan said:

-1 Political should be a part of this community I think it should be implemented in-game of the games own political like takistans judges governors "prime minister" or even president it'll make the community more interesting 

( yes i know Y'all talking about actual political like trump vr shit but this'd be good ingame to )

Thats aloud already that's fine if its about in game, but yes we're talking about Trump and IRL politics, irl politics is too much and extremely offensive and annoying to listen to. I agree that it should be banned unless its in game politics.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.