Sign in to follow this  
Complexity

SRT/Special Nato Team

Blufor should have a whitelisted faction that is very hard to get into.  This whitelisted group should be very limited and have access to better vehicles and weapons.  Every military has a special forces group and I feel blufor should have a special response team or an actual nato whitelisted faction.  The group should have people experienced on blufor and know the rules like the back of their hand.  This gives police something to work towards aswell as let good players shine and be rewarded for their hard efforts and work.  (Admins+Staff will be whitelisted automatically due to being staff).  Thoughts?

I mean, blufor slots have 5-6 Special Forces slots? Right? So, essentially, we could make a TS rank and have those slots whitelisted.

+1 I also agree that the people whitelisted for it must show dedication to roleplay as blufor

2 hours ago, Zerix said:

I mean, blufor slots have 5-6 Special Forces slots? Right? So, essentially, we could make a TS rank and have those slots whitelisted.

+1 I also agree that the people whitelisted for it must show dedication to roleplay as blufor

Sounds like a good idea, as with the other idea of rank etc, imo border/checkpoint and other rookie duties should be assigned to low ranking officers(situation dependent) while higher ranked players have the option to play as SF and engage indeps/gangs etc.

A lot of blufor players just don’t role play. They just want to shoot people. The other night a blufor player *you know who you are* ran a stop sign and hit me. He then told me to stop the vehicle and before I had enough time to stop he started firing on me. I think blufor needs to be more strict. Start blacklisting players who break rules and fail RP.  

A ranking system would be neat but I don’t want to be taking orders from anyone. I like to have free will and follow my own path. 

41 minutes ago, Mujeeb said:

A lot of blufor players just don’t role play. They just want to shoot people. The other night a blufor player *you know who you are* ran a stop sign and hit me. He then told me to stop the vehicle and before I had enough time to stop he started firing on me. I think blufor needs to be more strict. Start blacklisting players who break rules and fail RP.  

A ranking system would be neat but I don’t want to be taking orders from anyone. I like to have free will and follow my own path. 

There should be 2-3 very SPECIFIC AND TRUSTED blufor who are “Police chief” over the whole blufor and can blacklist but have to go to an admin with proof and a reason to blacklist someone.  Since  players see more of what happens compared to admins most of the time.  Aswell as they can make sure everyone is roleplaying since they will be in game often and can handle small blufor disputes which relieves problems off of moderators since I see them in support rooms for hours straight.  Just a thought, maybe that’s giving players too much power but this “2-3 player overall police chiefs” would be hand picked by admins/moderators and I don’t mean they just pick their friends.  They should all agree on someone who plays blufor 95% of the time, roleplays, and is active.

Edited by Complexity

4 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Sounds like a good idea, as with the other idea of rank etc, imo border/checkpoint and other rookie duties should be assigned to low ranking officers(situation dependent) while higher ranked players have the option to play as SF and engage indeps/gangs etc.

I don’t think rookies and stuff should be stuck in a certain area some people may not want to play due to that, more of this whitelist as a last defense aka why they would have access to better weapons and vehicles (not super OP or game breaking). Aswell as yes, focusing on indies and huge drug busts and taking out gang activity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Complexity said:

I don’t think rookies and stuff should be stuck in a certain area some people may not want to play due to that, more of this whitelist as a last defense aka why they would have access to better weapons and vehicles (not super OP or game breaking). Aswell as yes, focusing on indies and huge drug busts and taking out gang activity.

I wouldn't go far as to say rookies should be stuck in an area, they would be free to do as they please within reason. But if they wanted to progress rank wise, they would need to perform assigned duties like everyone else, which would require them to maintain a presence in a certain area. Rotation of patrol routes/cp manning would aide in breaking monotony... 

24 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

I wouldn't go far as to say rookies should be stuck in an area, they would be free to do as they please within reason. But if they wanted to progress rank wise, they would need to perform assigned duties like everyone else, which would require them to maintain a presence in a certain area. Rotation of patrol routes/cp manning would aide in breaking monotony... 

What are you on about that's exactly what I said.  They shouldn't be stuck in the same area.  This is a thread about a whitelisted Blufor faction that is higher than normal Blufor.  I don't know why rookies even came up

Well originally I was replying to Zerix' regarding the lower ranked officer work. It come up as its relevant to a higher ranked whitelisted team that you are suggesting. 
Rookies obviously are not going to be allowed in this whitelisted team. As they "wont know the rules like the back of their hand".... among other things. 
Anyhow, I like the idea, as for the special access to vehicles and weapons, they would need to be pretty damn special considering SOBR and supporter gear is cheap enough and does the trick. Or limit the gear that regular cops can aces to make the white listed squad gear a bit more appealing?

1 hour ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Well originally I was replying to Zerix' regarding the lower ranked officer work. It come up as its relevant to a higher ranked whitelisted team that you are suggesting. 
Rookies obviously are not going to be allowed in this whitelisted team. As they "wont know the rules like the back of their hand".... among other things. 
Anyhow, I like the idea, as for the special access to vehicles and weapons, they would need to be pretty damn special considering SOBR and supporter gear is cheap enough and does the trick. Or limit the gear that regular cops can aces to make the white listed squad gear a bit more appealing?

I doubt we should remove weapons from Blufor as is, but maybe add weapons like the m107 or something.  Just find ways to give them new useful weapons/vehicles before taking away from Blufor as is.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.