krieger

issues with opfor camping with military grade vehicals

my issue is that the opfor camp the independents roads out of our spawns with bmps tanks and mi24s now as a indep when we can leave our area we cant earn money to buy the equipment needed to fight back and when we try to discuss the issue with any one they reply with just buy a igla or buy a rocket launcher the problem with that is that we cant afford to buy said weapons since we CANNOT leave our area and earn money we cannot fight back it also dose not help that a rpg cost about a 500 thousand dollars and 100 grand per rocket and then comes the issue of leaving the safe zone cause once we leave we get blown up and therefore lose our items and the investment we put into them and we are back to square one and as before when we bring up the issue we get blown off and told to buy a igla or buy a rpg. 

i would like to finish this by saying that unless the comping of the opfor is changed alot of indep players are goiong to end up leavening because it takes the fun out of our game and the main culprits are palpatine sheeve and best mike. and if video evidence is needed it wont take long to record many deaths.

I'm gonna put my Opfor opinion in here, I believe that only certain vic should be allowed in indep like a dshkm vehicle or something and not a MI24 camping hashish emporium. The 2 roads out are easily in range of the Mi24's radar and weapons and the complaints are getting larger and larger. Therefore I feel that some things do need changing in regards to Opfor v. Indeps in their spawn zone. So I completely +1 this post

Okay, I'll give you the BMP3. Yeah, it was kind of camping. I got on to the guy doing it.

But don't throw me in this. I don't camp. I patrol the entire southern airspace in my mi24 looking for targets. You just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was shot down today by Vladimir. It's not hard. I'm not even that good. If I was a halfway decent pilot you guys would probably be shitting your pants.

Edited by Sheev Palpatine
  • Like 1

Just now, Sheev Palpatine said:

Okay, I'll give you the BMP3. Yeah, it was kind of camping. I got on to the guy doing it.

But don't throw me in this. I don't camp. I patrol the entire southern airspace in my mi24 looking for targets. You just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was shot down today by Vladimir. It's not hard. I'm not even that good at the game at all. 

See the issue is I gave him 5 mil for the Igla pod that shot you down cause he was constantly being killed

Just now, King said:

See the issue is I gave him 5 mil for the Igla pod that shot you down cause he was constantly being killed

That's your problem, that was your choice to give him that money.

the problem sheeve is the fact you camp or as you call it patrol the entire area around our spawn with a vehicle we cant fight cause we have no money since you "patrol" as you call it.

11 minutes ago, krieger said:

the problem sheeve is the fact you camp or as you call it patrol the entire area around our spawn with a vehicle we cant fight cause we have no money since you "patrol" as you call it.

Holy shit. I don't camp your spawn. I patrol the entire south. I spend extra time in indep zone, yes, because that is where most of the threat lies. I still patrol the rest of the area. Usually what happens is

I begin patrol

>Go a bit w/o contact

>Get near indepzone

>Get contact near indep cap zone which is 2km from your base

>kill contact

>scan for more enemies

>find more enemies

>kill more enemies

>cycle repeats itself because you guys dont stop coming back.

1 hour ago, krieger said:

my issue is that the opfor camp the independents roads out of our spawns with bmps tanks and mi24s now as a indep when we can leave our area we cant earn money to buy the equipment needed to fight back and when we try to discuss the issue with any one they reply with just buy a igla or buy a rocket launcher the problem with that is that we cant afford to buy said weapons since we CANNOT leave our area and earn money we cannot fight back it also dose not help that a rpg cost about a 500 thousand dollars and 100 grand per rocket and then comes the issue of leaving the safe zone cause once we leave we get blown up and therefore lose our items and the investment we put into them and we are back to square one and as before when we bring up the issue we get blown off and told to buy a igla or buy a rpg. 

i would like to finish this by saying that unless the comping of the opfor is changed alot of indep players are goiong to end up leavening because it takes the fun out of our game and the main culprits are palpatine sheeve and best mike. and if video evidence is needed it wont take long to record many deaths.

Let me clear things up, the patrol route is 1.4km away from indeps secondary circle, you have access to a ZU-23 truck, iglas, you can also have your supports buy equipment to shoot us down, not to mention items like BRDM-2, there also are no border wall, yet you choose to take the road that you know we patrol often, your job as indies is to get into firefights. We as opfor are a military force, as you are Kos to us, as soon as we have confirmation, we will kill you. To sum it up, quit your bitching, use your damn head and think outside the box, it’s actually miserable to see you indeps to complain so much about it, you have a means to deal with these situations yet all you do is complain.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, krieger said:

I've never had an issue with leaving safe-zone as indie when there's high amount of Opfor with vehicles etc. Yes, I am a supporter so I have access to things a bit cheaper, but most of the time I just avoid conflict completely with opfor by circling around completely. Yeah, it takes a bit longer to reach Rasman but it's defo worth it.

• Like 3

I play exclusively Opfor and honestly I would have to agree. In my opinion the best way to fix this would be to not allow mi24s to go into the indep side of the border and to only allow armored vehicles to go in to neutralize the Indep cap zone, or to go to CPB. 

• Like 1

This will be resolved when we implement our whitelist system. OPFOR will be further restricted on use with their use of aircraft and ground vehicles. They will also be given a new set of rules of engagement exclusively for aircraft and perhaps a few ground vehicles. Price changes will also apply so OPFOR equipment of a higher tier will be less common. Indeps will be receiving changes in their vehicle prices as well and will be dealt with appropriately based on a fair basis rather than a realistic one. I can't give any information on when these changes will occur but it's hopeful to be within the next one or two weeks.

• Confused 1

Considering the Mi-24 always has the upper hand no matter what, +1. It always has eyes on you no matter which route you take, off-road or not.

• Like 1

the opfor should have restricted vehicles like blufor it only makes it fair since opfor can basically pull anything out.

13 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

Holy shit. I don't camp your spawn. I patrol the entire south. I spend extra time in indep zone, yes, because that is where most of the threat lies. I still patrol the rest of the area. Usually what happens is

I begin patrol

>Go a bit w/o contact

>Get near indepzone

>Get contact near indep cap zone which is 2km from your base

>kill contact

>scan for more enemies

>find more enemies

>kill more enemies

>cycle repeats itself because you guys dont stop coming back.

">scan for more enemies"

You fuckin look at us and the game tells you were independent, you would not be able to tell if we were unarmed civs. 

Do you even have any RP experience other than that Mi heli?

Earlier you said dont take the roads, thats been done you just track us down with BS radar

Edited by Eustice Floyd

+1 I have multiple screenshots of MI-24's patrolling around Independent spawn looking for targets. It's stated that it's a "coincidence" and "wrong place wrong time" but if I can hear/see an MI-24 60% of the time from spawn, I think it's something more. I feel like this constant "patrolling" is in fact slowly killing both the fun and server. It makes people quit Independent because they have no chance of actually getting to experience it the role. It is terrible for RP and also affects other factions than just Independent. Blufor and Opfor are both affected by this because the lack of insurgents provides no excitement and really dulls the game. While I understand changes are already in progress, I am still going to voice my opinion on this matter.

Screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1326801909 | The marker in this screenshot is the center of indep spawn (1300m away). Both Gregory Porter and I heard the helicopter well before we had even left the spawn and saw it about 10 seconds after leaving.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1326801819 | In this, I'm clearly standing in the middle of indep spawn at a separate time. 

EDIT:

Also note the server uptime in both screenshots, they were taken 20 minutes apart. He was observed flying in close proximity to Independent spawn (close enough to blatantly hear) even after 20 minutes had passed from his original sighting in the first screenshot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Maverick said:

+1 I have multiple screenshots of MI-24's patrolling around Independent spawn looking for targets. It's stated that it's a "coincidence" and "wrong place wrong time" but if I can hear/see an MI-24 60% of the time from spawn, I think it's something more. I feel like this constant "patrolling" is in fact slowly killing both the fun and server. It makes people quit Independent because they have no chance of actually getting to experience it the role. It is terrible for RP and also affects other factions than just Independent. Blufor and Opfor are both affected by this because the lack of insurgents provides no excitement and really dulls the game. While I understand changes are already in progress, I am still going to voice my opinion on this matter.

Screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1326801909 | The marker in this screenshot is the center of indep spawn (1300m away). Both Gregory Porter and I heard the helicopter well before we had even left the spawn and saw it about 10 seconds after leaving.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1326801819 | In this, I'm clearly standing in the middle of indep spawn at a separate time. 

Proof right there

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Screenshots:

Busted

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

That's your problem, that was your choice to give him that money.

I had to give him the money so they could leave spawn, and it worked for awhile but then you just bought another one, but like potato said this will be resolved in the next couple weeks so it doesn't really matter.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Sheev Palpatine said:

Yeah, I got a little close. That happens sometimes. But you will never find me firing at anyone inside that circle.

indeps.png

From all these posts it seems like you’ve camped their spawn multiple times. It’s very sad that even staff members are providing proof and siding with the other players. Either adapt to different tactics or shut the fuck up? How about giving them an actual chance since it seems like your doing the same shit every time. Be apart of the solution and not the problem. The no kill circle is larger because people like yourself use to kill them as soon as they came out of the green circle, they never had a chance. With you camping them, or as you call it “patrolling the whole south” they still don’t have a chance once they leave.

In my opinion, aircraft shouldn’t be allowed in independent air space unless it’s taking out an ACTIVE target. Someone who is engaging them and not just driving.

Edited by Unknown
  • Thanks 1

i say opfor stays the fuck out of indep area in all because its  not opfor's land its indep's land you stay on your side and your side only okwhat if you see a truck and its indep heading to the north CP oh well you dont go fucking hunting them down ive seen that happen alot on radar and in person i saw a MI-24 hunt down an unarmed BTR-40 it was fucking sad Opfor needs to get their shit together or some changes willk be hit hard on them and this isnt just me but for alot of players on this matter its gotten to the point where people are actually leaving. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Nureha said:

i say opfor stays the fuck out of indep area in all because its  not opfor's land its indep's land you stay on your side and your side only okwhat if you see a truck and its indep heading to the north CP oh well you dont go fucking hunting them down ive seen that happen alot on radar and in person i saw a MI-24 hunt down an unarmed BTR-40 it was fucking sad Opfor needs to get their shit together or some changes willk be hit hard on them and this isnt just me but for alot of players on this matter its gotten to the point where people are actually leaving. Thank you.

It actually is under opfors control, rules need to be modified/added to give them a chance. It’ll happen some day.

1 minute ago, Unknown said:

It actually is under opfors control, rules need to be modified/added to give them a chance. It’ll happen some day.

well its what ever if they own it there is no need for an mi-24 to hunt down a fucking unarmed BTR-40 its fucking outright retarded there is evidence from staff members of them camping that is saying something.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.