Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mez

Medics Mining

While I was on today I seen a medic mining rubies to be immune from getting robbed. I think that there needs to be a rule in place for medics to only do their assigned job and nothing else as it ruins RP when you can't rob a person that you've been waiting to rob for 20 minutes only to find out they're a medic.

+1 what kind of retardation is this , i would have robbed him anyway and then have him take me in TS only to embarrass him self .

As of right now medics get no extra money. I think that it would help RP to not allow this but in return medics should get money for healing people, otherwise we would never have any medics on the server. As of right now if you don’t mine as a medic the only way to get money is from paychecks. What I would do is make it so medics get like 50k for healing someone but they only get the money once every 5 mins per person. So they heal person A and get 50k but have to wait 5 mins to get another 50k from healing the same person but they can still go and heal person B and get another 50k. This would be to prevent medics from constantly healing the same person over and over again to farm money but still allow them to make money.

3 hours ago, Mez said:

there needs to be a rule in place for medics to only do their assigned job and nothing else as it ruins RP

What fun would it be if they were only allowed to do what their job demands? No other faction does their exact job exactly how they are supposed to all the time. Every faction messes around and has fun doing whatever they want (without breaking rules). If medics are not allowed to do anything but their assigned job how would you expect them to have any fun on the server? And since when did the Russian military mine diamonds? If you want to talk about things being more realistic why not ban Opfor from mining? 

46 minutes ago, Elijah said:

What fun would it be if they were only allowed to do what their job demands? No other faction does their exact job exactly how they are supposed to all the time. Every faction messes around and has fun doing whatever they want (without breaking rules). If medics are not allowed to do anything but their assigned job how would you expect them to have any fun on the server? And since when did the Russian military mine diamonds? If you want to talk about things being more realistic why not ban Opfor from mining? 

Medics are exempt from being robbed meaning they can mine without any harm coming to them. If you defend this you just want an easy way to make money and not be robbed loser!

5 hours ago, Elijah said:

Technically if you look at it from different perspective there are plenty of African dictatorships that forces their soldiers to work at the mine, soldiers who are doing the mining are mostly underaged making them child soldiers. (Example of Ethiopia or Eritrea can’t remember which)

Anyways I feel you about the “Russian military mining” thing but we need the money for equipment and such. But it as you stated, every faction does goofs around and have fun from time to time.

What I’m trying to say is that the argument that it breaks RP for them to mine is true but it is true for almost every faction so if you want to remove it for medics why not remove it for every faction? NATO has never responded to a bank robbery IRL, private military contractors work with NATO against terrorists and never directly targets NATO forces. Medics don’t mine, the Russian military does not mine diamonds, and the Mujahideen never made treaties with Russian forces like they do on the server, in fact they had a war against the from 1979-1989 called the Soviet-Afghan war. 

If you ban medics from mining because it breaks RP than for the same reason you should ban other factions from doing these things as well. The only reason you want medics to be banned from mining is because you want to rob them. I understand that it is easier to rob people than to get to work for the money yourself. Be honest though, who are they getting in the way of? Who are they causing issues for by mining? No one is hurt by this so why should It be banned?

3 hours ago, Morpho said:

Technically if you look at it from different perspective there are plenty of African dictatorships that forces their soldiers to work at the mine, soldiers who are doing the mining are mostly underaged making them child soldiers. (Example of Ethiopia or Eritrea can’t remember which)

But it is not an African dictatorship, it is Russia... if we just want to relate them to other stuff, there are people with medical training at mines is case of accidents, so it’s realistic for medics to mine.

8 hours ago, Mez said:

Medics are exempt from being robbed meaning they can mine without any harm coming to them. If you defend this you just want an easy way to make money and not be robbed loser!

I could say the same to you... if you support this you just want to rob people and have an easy way to make money... and robbing people takes a good deal less work then mining. It takes you at most 5 mins to rob someone but it takes about 15-20 mins to do a ruby run.

1 hour ago, Elijah said:

I could say the same to you... if you support this you just want to rob people and have an easy way to make money... and robbing people takes a good deal less work then mining. It takes you at most 5 mins to rob someone but it takes about 15-20 mins to do a ruby run.

Yeah but robbing people can create role-play, mining is just making money.

1 hour ago, Elijah said:

But it is not an African dictatorship, it is Russia... if we just want to relate them to other stuff, there are people with medical training at mines is case of accidents, so it’s realistic for medics to mine.

Also AFAIK it's a Takistani army funded by Russia, i'm not completely up to date with my taki life lore lul

I can see this as a loop hole to the rules. You go medic and do nothing but mine so you cannot be robbed or killed. At the end of it you got a nice stack of money risk free. +1 on implementation of a rule stating medics cannot mine or make any money that’s not linked to their job. 

34 minutes ago, Jake Thompson said:

+1 on implementation of a rule stating medics cannot mine or make any money that’s not linked to their job. 

The thing is they don’t get any money for their job. The best they can do is ask for donations but any faction can do that.

2 hours ago, Elijah said:

The thing is they don’t get any money for their job. The best they can do is ask for donations but any faction can do that.

Go regular civ, make some money then become a medic. Unless you want medics to be able to get robbed it's better for them to not mine and be immune from crime.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.