Sign in to follow this  
JumpyWizard

No bombing the bank

Hello everyone

You shouldn't be able to suicide bomb the bank into ruins, simple as that. Why? You may ask. Because it ruins the whole RP of it. Imagine if I decided to blow up the bank at 20 minutes uptime, then the bank wouldn't be able to get robbed in the next 340 minutes. Yeah, I know that it sounds like a wet dream to the blufor players, but it ruins the whole reason to even being able to rob the bank. Now there could be a sneaky way or whatever to actually rob it when the ruins have disappeared and there is nothing but floating boxes, but I currently don't know one and it seems like other players don't either. 

What to do about it?

Trust me, I am no developer in Arma, so I have no idea if it's possible, but if it is, then make it so the bank building actually can't be destroyed. If that isn't possible perhaps an addition to the rules stating that the bank shouldn't be blown up. So if a person is caught blowing up the bank, which probably wouldn't be hard to know who, the person would be in rather serious trouble (Or at least a VERY serious warning)

Wizard

There could be a possibility of them adding some kind of building restoration script, similar to that of tree fixing, but for buildings. I think either the Moderators or Administrators have access to a world building repair that mainly fixes the FPS.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:44 AM, Han Solo said:

There could be a possibility of them adding some kind of building restoration script, similar to that of tree fixing, but for buildings. I think either the Moderators or Administrators have access to a world building repair that mainly fixes the FPS.

The tree fixer can actually be used to repair buildings, despite its name.

I'm planning on making the bank building indestructible however.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Giovanni said:

The tree fixer can actually be used to repair buildings, despite its name.

I'm planning on making the bank building indestructible however.

I've never actually been able to fix a building with the treefixer. I've gotten the money and a message saying it did it, but the building stayed ruined

6 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

I've never actually been able to fix a building with the treefixer. I've gotten the money and a message saying it did it, but the building stayed ruined

Same thing happened to me

+6 Gorillion.

Last night I robbed the bank for a decent stack but  a certain Blufor at the time could not be bothered dealing with it again so his answer was to level the place. Pure fucking shite m8.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.