Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonhorse

Is the server Wipe Monthly ?

Id Appreciate it if Money bank and Licenses dont wipe after a month of play . Stats should stay as is and not wipe at all . I dont see it having an effect or a reason to wipe server since objectgeddon is around and there are no player owned bases that might effect server .  Can anyone confirm that bank and stats dont get wiped ? 

Everything gets wiped AFAIK unless they changed something. Arma 2 databasing, at least for TLX, Is very finicky and needs constant cleaning or problems arise. I'm pretty sure that the server uses iniDB still too which means that there isn't an actual "database", the server stats and data are saved locally so that's why it needs constant cleaning and some stats and data don't save even when logging off the server. Arma 3 altis life servers for example have an external database that can store much more values but have to be connected remotely to the server and you have to know how to manage databases and all that. 

Stat wipe every month is good because everyone is poor and blufor doesn't have Strykers constantly

6 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Monthly or Bi-monthly is what im thinking.

Bi Monthly meaning every two weeks or every two months . ?

11 hours ago, JUDGE said:

Everything gets wiped AFAIK unless they changed something. Arma 2 databasing, at least for TLX, Is very finicky and needs constant cleaning or problems arise. I'm pretty sure that the server uses iniDB still too which means that there isn't an actual "database", the server stats and data are saved locally so that's why it needs constant cleaning and some stats and data don't save even when logging off the server. Arma 3 altis life servers for example have an external database that can store much more values but have to be connected remotely to the server and you have to know how to manage databases and all that. 

It's not really a matter of cleaning, it's really about making sure that the playing grounds remain fair for new players coming in. People can reach max bank accounts within a month and once it gets to that point, interest and consistent paychecks mean they can stay that way. Once even more time passes, everyone has so much money that no one cares about anything anymore except going around killing people.

Just now, Giovanni said:

It's not really a matter of cleaning, it's really about the making sure that the playing grounds remain fair for new players coming in. People can reach max bank accounts within a month and once it gets to that point, interest and consistent paychecks mean they can stay that way. Once even more time passes, everyone has a shit load of money and no one cares about anything anymore except going around 

Makes sense, I didn't know it wasn't for cleaning, I just know the dB is local and I thought it'd need it or something

At the rates I've seen people making money at I would say monthly but the economy change might have us at rates where bimonthly would be appropriate.

I wonder if i take screenshots of my stats every day when a server wipe does start or idk stats reset for some reason,i would be able to receive my 200 Million back?

Cuz,february and forward i'll be very busy,and will mostly play on Weekends so,when i hop on i just kinda want to have fun with my comrades without needing to be mining for hours and hours and end up with no time :/

Unfortunately not Derek. That would be rather unfair to everyone. And Noone needs the amount of money you have dude. An hour of mining will net you enough profit for whatever it is you are needing to do. Unless of course you need to spend millions just to deal with a few ragheads with akm's and dirt bikes...

As Giovanni said above. It's about being fair to everyone.

5 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Unless of course you need to spend millions just to deal with a few ragheads with akm's and dirt bikes...

5c42cc56a8f2e_giphy(2).thumb.gif.49cb6329185b807e0ddc9e5c871750c3.gif

ya every 2 mounths would be nice.. do it any less then that people will probobly not play to be honest 

wait why are you resetting peoples money every mounth /2 mounths when it takes so long to get 200 mill anyway??? blue for is superior in nearly every way ... and can liturally sit at a checkpoint for an estimated 2 days to get around 50 mill... so why are u even wiping peoples account when the max amount of money is set at 200 mill ??? its not even 1 bill its liturally 200 MILL 

On 24/01/2019 at 7:29 PM, Moss said:

wait why are you resetting peoples money every mounth /2 mounths when it takes so long to get 200 mill anyway??? blue for is superior in nearly every way ... and can liturally sit at a checkpoint for an estimated 2 days to get around 50 mill... so why are u even wiping peoples account when the max amount of money is set at 200 mill ??? its not even 1 bill its liturally 200 MILL 

It honestly easy as bluefor to get money clearing rasman of insurgents can net you like 2mil or so in one session and then you have paychecks on top of that so its not that hard and sitting at a checkpoint paycheck farming is not a great idea as youll get kicked of the game for that , with indeps its some what easy too get a fal and bully blufor or opfor and with opfor you have diamonds so a few runs of that and youll have bank 

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.