Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moonhorse

OverPowered Police VS Drug Runners

After 1hr of trying to do a cocaine run and evading police we managed to get to the gang hideout to process . After years of waiting for the flag to be replaced we managed and then a message was sent to whole server that it was .. After 1 mins a police officer WolfSLayer Blufor  came with  a rocket little bird and blew us up in 10 seconds .. 1hr vs 10 seconds . ... Video Below . At this point its useless to do drug runs if cops no longer do raids but spawn a heli and bomb the area , how is that even realistic or close to role play .    https://plays.tv/video/5c466e80191a1a5d63/after-1hr-gathering-cocaine-driving-all-over-map-trying-avoid-cops-we-get-douche-bag-with-rocket-little

This is why the rule should be added back that you must have 4 members of blufor to raid a gang area and you must announce in global that you're raiding and for the gangsters to put their hands up. Also you can have less than 4 guys if there's less than 4 on.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:15 AM, JUDGE said:

Well he should be blacklisted because the rocket heli on civvies In a gang area Is a nono

Would you so kindly find that in the rules for me?

7 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

Would you so kindly find that in the rules for me?

You're a staff member lol you should know. Rule 5 in martial law rules, ah6j donor is the rocket heli which is a martial law only vehicle. I'm guessing martial law wasn't declared and even if it was the gang area Is nowhere near 250 or however much it was meters from the border, this was used to go straight to gang area and blow them up. Also, blufor are required to attempt arrest always first, in this case the blufor straight up engaged with rockets before the gang area could even shoot at them.

Also, since you want to be pointy and rude, how are you staff again? 

Martial law was declared. So he was in full right to use the Little bird with rockets. It might of been overkill but from a staff point we cannot do anything. 

All I know is one thing . I barely see people doing drug runs because at the end its never worth it and almost works more in favour of the Police . Rubies is the way to go .  Its a shame we wanted to get some adrenaline but I guess not . 

47 minutes ago, Moonhorse said:

All I know is one thing . I barely see people doing drug runs because at the end its never worth it and almost works more in favour of the Police . Rubies is the way to go .  Its a shame we wanted to get some adrenaline but I guess not . 

It's cause Blufor is the most toxic faction

2 hours ago, JUDGE said:

You're a staff member lol you should know. Rule 5 in martial law rules, ah6j donor is the rocket heli which is a martial law only vehicle. I'm guessing martial law wasn't declared and even if it was the gang area Is nowhere near 250 or however much it was meters from the border, this was used to go straight to gang area and blow them up. Also, blufor are required to attempt arrest always first, in this case the blufor straight up engaged with rockets before the gang area could even shoot at them.

I am well aware of the rules regarding vehicles for use in or outside of Martial Laws (lol). The way you worded yourself, according to me, it sounded like you were questioning why he was either using rockets on infantry, or killing him on sight in gang area.

Blufor are not by the rules required to arrest first in gang areas. It is specified that the Gang Areas are KOS zones, so it is up to the own players discretion whether or not they want to try and arrest the gang members. 

Also, since you want to be pointy and rude, who are you even?

2 hours ago, JUDGE said:

Oh I almost forgot. What do you mean with "I'm guessing martial law wasn't declared and even if it was the gang area is nowhere near 250 meters from the border" Well if Martial Law is declared, the vehicles can be used anywhere on the map.

48 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

I am well aware of the rules regarding vehicles for use in or outside of Martial Laws (lol). The way you worded yourself, according to me, it sounded like you were questioning why he was either using rockets on infantry, or killing him on sight in gang area.

Blufor are not by the rules required to arrest first in gang areas. It is specified that the Gang Areas are KOS zones, so it is up to the own players discretion whether or not they want to try and arrest the gang members. 

But as staff shouldn't you encourage RP and less KOS?

Also JUDGE was administrator on a previous version of TLX.

5 minutes ago, Mez said:

Of course, we should always try and encourage the best possible roleplay situations. And with the new rule changes coming soon and with the faction leaders, stupid rules like Gang Areas being KOS will be removed, hopefully at least. What I was saying is that what he did wasn't against the rules in any way.

Always see him on the forums, never seen him before in-game. But I have only been here for a year now. Now I finally know who he is haha

2 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

Of course, we should always try and encourage the best possible roleplay situations. And with the new rule changes coming soon and with the faction leaders, stupid rules like Gang Areas being KOS will be removed, hopefully at least. What I was saying is that what he did wasn't against the rules in any way.

Always see him on the forums, never seen him before in-game. But I have only been here for a year now. Now I finally know who he is haha

ye ye

1 hour ago, JumpyWizard said:

Oh I almost forgot. What do you mean with "I'm guessing martial law wasn't declared and even if it was the gang area is nowhere near 250 meters from the border" Well if Martial Law is declared, the vehicles can be used anywhere on the map.

I meant to say what you are saying, I thought about fixing it but posting through my phone is annoying, I meant to say even if it wasn't I should have corrected it

If ml isn't on ml vics can only be used within so many meters of the border I dunno if it's 250 or not don't quote me can't remember exactly

Just now, JUDGE said:

I meant to say what you are saying, I thought about fixing it but posting through my phone is annoying, I meant to say even if it wasn't I should have corrected it

No worries my guy

1 hour ago, JumpyWizard said:

Main deal was the rockets on gang area but after finding out ml was declared there is nothing staff can do. The whole thing about trying to arrest first, the gang area rule does overturn it but the whole thing with RP and actual fair engagement comes to mind for me. 

26 minutes ago, Mez said:

Also, yeah like mez said Im an old player like 4 or 5 years and I went from TS helper to mod to admin over the course of like almost a whole year on the server. 

13 minutes ago, JUDGE said:

If ml isn't on ml vics can only be used within so many meters of the border I dunno if it's 250 or not don't quote me can't remember exactly

It is 250 meters, so I'll quote you on that haha

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.