Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elijah

Closing borders.

Now that the server is back we have had some issues with the border checkpoints being closed without anyone manning them. I have been seeing this constantly throughout the last few days and when asking people why they have been closing them they have stated that it is no longer against the rules (specifically Conner Thomson). Did this change after the server re-opened or is it still against the rules to close borders without manning them? 

P.S this is directed to staff members so please don’t spam this post with complaints or random stuff. This is just meant to clarify the rule so everyone know if it changed or not.

1. If your gonna say my name spell it right, (you didn't get it even close). 2. It's not written in the rules. If you guys want it in the rules then please add it to them and don't bitch in-game about a rule that cannot be seen IN the rules.

:)

I don't think it's ever been against the rules to keep the borders shut without someone manning them, you may be thinking of another server

1 hour ago, JUDGE said:

I don't think it's ever been against the rules to keep the borders shut without someone manning them, you may be thinking of another server

It was a rule but it was overruled 2 weeks later

Let civs open the barriers because blufor shuts them all and you are forced to buy an air vehicle to travel.

1 hour ago, JUDGE said:

Doesn't matter if it's against the rules, you still shouldn't just leave a border closed when it's not currently being manned. That's just kind of a dick thing to do.

26 minutes ago, Genix said:

Doesn't matter if it's against the rules, you still shouldn't just leave a border closed when it's not currently being manned. That's just kind of a dick thing to do.

Dick move or not it's not against

It should be added to the rules that you can't close them, I was doing diamond runs as a civ earlier today and they were all closed with no way for me to cross. Right now it's just used as a way for BLUFOR to avoid manning checkpoints, so they just shut them off and leave. They won't even come open them when civs are there, Ive had to ask OPFOR to open BLUFORs side cos no one would come.

We will consider adding this back the rules list. I would agree its unfair on everyone else if they are just closing it without manning it. Especially when they log off without opening.

3 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

We will consider adding this back the rules list. I would agree its unfair on everyone else if they are just closing it without manning it. Especially when they log off without opening.

Even if it's a rule a person can still close the border without anyone finding out. Just let civs raise and lower the barriers again

9 minutes ago, Mez said:

Even if it's a rule a person can still close the border without anyone finding out. Just let civs raise and lower the barriers again

Id be more for letting indies have access. Then there is opportunity for more interaction with the four factions.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.