Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mez

Joint ops

Blufor and Opfor should not be able to conduct joint ops for two large reasons.

1: Blufor and Opfor are at war with each other too start with and each have incredibly different ideologies and it makes no sense that they would assist each other in any capacity unless indeps or civ terrorists had landed themselves a jet or attack heli.

2: These two factions against indep is pretty unfair since Opfor can keep indeps corralled in certain areas with their air vics and if they do sneak past them blufor just kills them with their ground vehicles while in South Takistan.

Overall remove joint ops and do not let either side assist each other.

What if there's like 4 BLUFOR agaisn't a shit ton of skilled indeps at rasman?it'd be pretty hard for them to deal with it unless they pull out a stryker which would increase the chances for survival but like everyone knows the indeps are the highest skilled bois in the server.

I'd say only let BLUFOR and OPFOR do joint ops with staff authorization(I don't really remember if it already needs staff authorization,i forget thingys really quickly so yeah)

Also maybe put some restrictions to what can be used in joint ops?

+1
It is often nothing but a show of strength when calling the other faction out for being weak and unable to handle their own territory.
What the two factions should do instead is to provide additional border patrol to help each other

Example:
There's a large amount of terror and robberies in the North and BluFor is currently unable to properly deal with all the problems, OpFor will then help BluFor by manning the borders and patrolling in air vehicles, to stop the Independents from coming through

I think the Militia and the President and his private military possee should take on the role of siding with either faction for joint ops, it's much more natural and correct. It's also always been way cool when a bunch of civilian militiamen have sided with cops to keep rasman safe or when the President sided with a faction with an army of PMCs with gpks and southern bought tanks and such. 

All it takes is a few people to want to form a Militia or government, not like an official thing like an application on the forums or anything like that but just a natural thing ingame. 

Here’s the thing, it’s useful and it’s RP. I’m an Israeli and American military veteran. I was a tanker in the IDF and an infantryman in the US Army. 

When we moved in the Syrian Border when I was with the IDF, we fought alongside Syrian rebels and even a mechanized infantry brigade. Syria, the same country which promised to destroy Israel.

its common for countries to unite for a common interest, such as quelling a terrorist threat.

The Joint ops philosophies are “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” Sometimes the indeps are such a problem and blufor in understaffed that they need our support, like if ANC is the only blufor on and he needs help controlling the north

2 hours ago, Kane said:

The Joint ops philosophies are “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” Sometimes the indeps are such a problem and blufor in understaffed that they need our support, like if ANC is the only blufor on and he needs help controlling the north

I could understand if it's a single blufor getting attacked by a full 6 indeps but when both factions unite just to get rid of one indep it's no fun.

8 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Blufor should request help from their fellow white men in the PMC before siding up with Halva munching, Kvass sipping Opfor scum.

Dont diss the Holy kvass, We enjoy our slavic drinks, Only thing we like drinking more than kvass is Vodka, 

But a good example of when joint ops was unnecisarry was during my Tajikisanti empire. There were 3 civilians.... opfor and blufor united and invaded us with hinds, l39s, strikers and humvee . Against 3 guys with aks.... joint ops usually is just overkill. If blufor is over run because of indies.... you can usually point the finger at opfor who arent a good first line of defense in the south...... and if they actually used their forces on 5e indies instead of the blufor at alpha we’d be solving two issues

I feel like at the end of the day Opfor and Blufor are sworn enemies. Even if they are co-operating and are at peace, nothing should warrant either side crossing the border, except for war. I feel like that opens the door to more possible RDM and 'joint ops' is just an excuse to be crossing that border unjustified when Opfor is bored and is too lazy to man the gates properly. This is not something you will see in real life armed conflicts. If either side is struggling with opposition they should look to mercenaries for help.

1 hour ago, Wolfslayer said:

But a good example of when joint ops was unnecisarry was during my Tajikisanti empire. There were 3 civilians.... opfor and blufor united and invaded us with hinds, l39s, strikers and humvee . Against 3 guys with aks.... joint ops usually is just overkill. If blufor is over run because of indies.... you can usually point the finger at opfor who arent a good first line of defense in the south...... and if they actually used their forces on 5e indies instead of the blufor at alpha we’d be solving two issues

Correct me if im wrong but weren't you teaming up with independents during the whole Tajikistan thing? Also if BLUFOR is being overrun its not OPFORs fault, BLUFOR just chooses not to man their checkpoints.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Correct me if im wrong but weren't you teaming up with independents during the whole Tajikistan thing? Also if BLUFOR is being overrun its not OPFORs fault, BLUFOR just chooses not to man their checkpoints.

Then its their own fault

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.