Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

1. Press space bar and click settings to adjust view distance.

2. A revive system would be kinda lame I believe for Taki Life since half the factions don't leave more than 2k from their base. Opfor and Indep would be nice to revive tho because of the distance they travel though.

3. TS3 is a nice platform and well organized and much roomier than Discord.

4. Reactions are fine IMO but what would you suggest to add specifically.

5. Indep, Opfor and Blufor all earn an additional 20k per minut while at a border checkpoint.

6. I think that's what's going to happen. It'll be a COC where the leader tells the person below them what to do and so on. 

12 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

1.  Can we get an adjust view distance feature? This is a commonality in epoch and overpoch servers, it's a pain to config the video settings.

2.  Can we get a revive system? I hate getting to a checkpoint, die, then I have to spend 15 minutes getting back there.  I mean, getting a simple non fatal wound shouldn't put you out of the fight.  It would be cool because then we could employ combat medics.  

3.  Can TLX consider transitioning to Discord?  TS3 is an old system, many people moan when they hear that's what a server uses.  It would be so simple to port your features/tags/rooms etc over.  I think it would be a good change for the community.

4.  Can we get some more react buttons on the forums

5.  For OPFOR/BLUFOR manning CPA, I feel that their paychecks should be significantly increased, or increase over time.  

6.  Delegating authority for BLUFOR/OPFOR, I think it's a bit whack to have to respond to 1 person, I feel that factions should be led by 1 person but they should have subordinates to do the work when they are not on.  Or atleast instate acting "Colonels" when they are not on.  

1. We have that already.

2. That's been spoken about before.

3. We already have a Discord. Teamspeak is far superior in terms of voice communications.

4. That's not really needed.

5. I don't really think they need more, they just never man them for long enough to get a sufficient amount.

6. I'm sure there will be command structures introduced once leaders are chosen.

8 minutes ago, Mez said:

1. Press space bar and click settings to adjust view distance.

2. A revive system would be kinda lame I believe for Taki Life since half the factions don't leave more than 2k from their base. Opfor and Indep would be nice to revive tho because of the distance they travel though.

3. TS3 is a nice platform and well organized and much roomier than Discord.

4. Reactions are fine IMO but what would you suggest to add specifically.

5. Indep, Opfor and Blufor all earn an additional 20k per minut while at a border checkpoint.

6. I think that's what's going to happen. It'll be a COC where the leader tells the person below them what to do and so on. 

5 minutes ago, Genix said:

1. We have that already.

2. That's been spoken about before.

3. We already have a Discord. Teamspeak is far superior in terms of voice communications.

4. That's not really needed.

5. I don't really think they need more, they just never man them for long enough to get a sufficient amount.

6. I'm sure there will be command structures introduced once leaders are chosen.

You can't seriously like Teamspeak better.  If either of you have ever asked about it, it costs TLX money ($$$) to run the TS3 server where as Discord is FREE.  I'm speaking in best interest in regards to Finance.  

In regards to reactions, I think it would be better so we can at least have better opinions/emotions displayed.  I don't think that's your right to say it's not needed :P

5 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

You can't seriously like Teamspeak better.  If either of you have ever asked about it, it costs TLX money ($$$) to run the TS3 server where as Discord is FREE.  I'm speaking in best interest in regards to Finance.  

In regards to reactions, I think it would be better so we can at least have better opinions/emotions displayed.  I don't think that's your right to say it's not needed :P

Teamspeak is much better than Discord in terms of organization and communications not to mention it's much "cleaner". I do understand that switching to Discord would allow for money to be saved and a overall lower cost of the server however.

5 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

I said Teamspeak is better for voice communications, Discord's voice is very unreliable and while the Teamspeak costs some money, it is not like it's so much as to where it'd make much of a difference if it was taken away.

2 minutes ago, Genix said:

I said Teamspeak is better for voice communications, Discord's voice is very unreliable and while the Teamspeak costs some money, it is not like it's so much as to where it'd make much of a difference if it was taken away.

I've never had any issues with any of the Discord servers I've run.  It's just a lot cleaner when it comes to making roles, channels, etc.  Much easier to log everything, great bot integration.

3 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

I've never had any issues with any of the Discord servers I've run.  It's just a lot cleaner when it comes to making roles, channels, etc.  Much easier to log everything, great bot integration.

TLX used Discord for communications for a brief period in late 2017. It didn't go very well and a majority were not a fan of the switch, so we went back to using Teamspeak which gives us a lot more granularity with advanced permissions, channel hierarchy, and server tags - things that just don't function as well on Discord. It was also harder getting new players in-game to join as a discord invite link is harder to memorize than a "ts.tlx-gaming.com" hostname.

The Teamspeak server accounts for a small portion of the community's monthly costs compared to the dedicated server, so getting rid of it would not save a whole lot of money. It would be more cost-effective to just decrease the slot count to 50 instead of 75, since we don't peak at the player counts we used to have.

1 minute ago, Giovanni said:

TLX used Discord for communications for a brief period in late 2017. It didn't go very well and a majority were not a fan of the switch, so we went back to using Teamspeak which gives us a lot more granularity with advanced permissions, channel hierarchy, and server tags - things that just don't function as well on Discord. It was also harder getting new players in-game to join as a discord invite link is harder to memorize than a "ts.tlx-gaming.com" hostname.

The Teamspeak server accounts for a small portion of the community's monthly costs compared to the dedicated server, so getting rid of it would not save a whole lot of money. It would be more cost-effective to just decrease the slot count to 50 instead of 75, since we don't peak at the player counts we used to have.

I see where you are coming from.  I was thinking you could just use a discord.me link, if you set it up.  It'd look like discord.me/TLX or something.  Wouldn't be too bad  I think.  In regards to your player count, you just started back up.  I have some ideas i will post later getting the count up.  Don't be tough on yourselves.

2 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

In regards to your player count, you just started back up.  I have some ideas i will post later getting the count up.  Don't be tough on yourselves.

Arma 2 is a dead game, you can count the number of populated servers on one hand. Low player counts are a norm and they're never going to improve, they will only go down as time goes on.

54 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Arma 2 is a dead game, you can count the number of populated servers on one hand. Low player counts are a norm and they're never going to improve, they will only go down as time goes on.

ArmA 2 is defying it's historical trends right now, typically it decreases drastically from Summer to Winner, but this year it's been pretty stable.

3 hours ago, MadVlad said:

ArmA 2 is defying it's historical trends right now, typically it decreases drastically from Summer to Winner, but this year it's been pretty stable.

It's pretty far from "defying historical trends" - the average player count has dropped significantly and continues to do so.

https://steamcharts.com/app/33930

There's nothing wrong with playing the game, but let's not pretend that average player counts are going to rise because they're not.

Gio is right the server is on life support like that one unlce whod battled cancer for 12+ years but no one will really pull the plug cause their too loved. It may not be full of life but just enough for nostalgia.

1 hour ago, Giovanni said:

It's pretty far from "defying historical trends" - the average player count has dropped significantly and continues to do so.

https://steamcharts.com/app/33930

There's nothing wrong with playing the game, but let's not pretend that average player counts are going to rise because they're not.

Don't be a negative Nancy now,  

Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
Last 30 Days 785.8 +56.9 +7.81% 1,493
December 2018 728.9 +18.6 +2.61% 1,375
November 2018 710.3 -20.6 -2.82% 1,464
October 2018 730.9 -35.7 -4.65% 1,499
September 2018 766.6 -17.6 -2.25% 1,560
August 2018 784.2 -108.4 -12.14% 1,568

Data speaks for itself.  This is pretty optimistic for now!  This server has a lot of potential but everyone needs to be positive!

14 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

Don't be a negative Nancy now,  

Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
Last 30 Days 785.8 +56.9 +7.81% 1,493
December 2018 728.9 +18.6 +2.61% 1,375
November 2018 710.3 -20.6 -2.82% 1,464
October 2018 730.9 -35.7 -4.65% 1,499
September 2018 766.6 -17.6 -2.25% 1,560
August 2018 784.2 -108.4 -12.14% 1,568

Data speaks for itself.  This is pretty optimistic for now!  This server has a lot of potential but everyone needs to be positive!

You're being very selective with your statistics and not looking at the big picture. It rises a little every winter and then starts to drop in the spring.

The fact of the matter is that it is on an overall downward trend, an average player increase in the winter (as it has been for every year) doesn't change that.

o3t2ffb.png

It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another to be delusional. There is nowhere for player count to go but down. There's no influx of people rushing to buy the game. The only chance TLX has in the future is on a game that's not Arma 2. Games don't last forever, even if we want them to.

Let's not forget that the majority of Arma 2 population is on DayZ, if people want a life server they go to Arma 3.

1 minute ago, Giovanni said:

You're being very selective with your statistics and not looking at the big picture. It rises a little every winter and then starts to drop in the spring.

The fact of the matter is that it is on an overall downward trend, an average player increase in the winter (as it has been for every year) doesn't change that.

o3t2ffb.png

It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another to be delusional. There is nowhere for player count to go but down. There's no influx of people rushing to buy the game. The only chance TLX has in the future is on a game that's not Arma 2. Games don't last forever, even if we want them to.

It's also another thing to be a pessimist and damaging to a community.  You should keep the negative thoughts to yourself.  You are kind of being a buzz kill right now, everyone's hyped about the server and you are just trying to say the server is doing bad or something.  Why don't you try focusing on the here and the now for a couple weeks then being consultation for expansion :) Also, the reason why I am using the stats like that is because this is the BEST and BIGGEST time to make an impression on the players.  So c'mon man, get on board and help grow the server.

10 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

It's also another thing to be a pessimist and damaging to a community.  You should keep the negative thoughts to yourself.  You are kind of being a buzz kill right now, everyone's hyped about the server and you are just trying to say the server is doing bad or something.  Why don't you try focusing on the here and the now for a couple weeks then being consultation for expansion :) Also, the reason why I am using the stats like that is because this is the BEST and BIGGEST time to make an impression on the players.  So c'mon man, get on board and help grow the server.

I owned the server for close to 2 years and I've been a player since 2014, I think I have an idea of how things go. What I'm saying is far from 'damaging to the community', I'm simply pointing out that we need to look at this from a realistic point of view. Lying to ourselves about the state of Arma 2 and assuming that the population will all of sudden rise in the future is a mistake. By all means, play the game right now! There is nothing wrong with that, I play here too, it just needs to be acknowledged that this server isn't immune to the effects of a dying game. The best thing people can do is keep playing because once the population drops, the server dies out.

26 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

Are you clinically sane?

Just now, Comrade Potato said:

Are you clinically sane?

Are you? What, you know I'm right so you gang up on me? Real good way to push away any new thoughts/ideas...

Just now, MadVlad said:

Are you? What, you know I'm right so you gang up on me? Real good way to push away any new thoughts/ideas...

You joined the server yesterday, don't get ahead of yourself.

2 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

Game's dying. Very few popular servers left. It wont last forever. Get over it. Denial's the first step to accepting the truth. You'll get there fam.

5 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

You joined the server yesterday, don't get ahead of yourself.

And you've been here for years.  Under your leadership the server failed.  Maybe it's time for new philosophies.  I'm done with this childish arguing.  We are both being stupid and arrogant.  Let's just settle it on the battlefield you capitalist scum.

12 hours ago, MadVlad said:

1.  Can we get an adjust view distance feature? This is a commonality in epoch and overpoch servers, it's a pain to config the video settings.

2.  Can we get a revive system? I hate getting to a checkpoint, die, then I have to spend 15 minutes getting back there.  I mean, getting a simple non fatal wound shouldn't put you out of the fight.  It would be cool because then we could employ combat medics.  

3.  Can TLX consider transitioning to Discord?  TS3 is an old system, many people moan when they hear that's what a server uses.  It would be so simple to port your features/tags/rooms etc over.  I think it would be a good change for the community.

4.  Can we get some more react buttons on the forums

5.  For OPFOR/BLUFOR manning CPA, I feel that their paychecks should be significantly increased, or increase over time.  

6.  Delegating authority for BLUFOR/OPFOR, I think it's a bit whack to have to respond to 1 person, I feel that factions should be led by 1 person but they should have subordinates to do the work when they are not on.  Or atleast instate acting "Colonels" when they are not on.  

1. A menu would be nice but dont be lazy it takes 3 seconds to change it, and then unless you are playing on a potato you are good forever.

2. A revive system would suck, getting people to play medics and then waiting for one if they are on? Nah i'd rather re-spawn and get back to wherever i am in 3 minutes or less 15 is an exaggeration.

3. Discord is disgusting and it is for peasants. Lacks literally everything ts3 has.

4. Thats fine i guess? Im more worried more about in game stuff though.

5. Opfor and blufor are rich enough and only buy weapons once. Civs dont need 3 strykers and 6 gpk's per restart slaughtering everyone. The game is more fun with cop chases and actual rp, not getting hydra'd by a hind when you are unarmed in a skota. Honestly IF anything they need a pay reduction.

6. I somewhat agree with that, i like in game ranks that you in-game rp with only. I dont want some 90-lbs nerd dictating everything i do everywhere so chain of command style faction rp i think is most fun and works best in a more local area, in game only not in ts and elsewhere.

Also unban my main account and ill donate $3

1 minute ago, The legendary Jordan_ said:

I dont want some 90-lbs nerd dictating everything i do everywhere so chain of command style faction rp i think is most fun

Allah praise this man

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.