Complexity

Lowering Borders

At the moment Blufor/Opfor do NOT have to lower physical borders if they are not manning a checkpoint because it does not state it in the rules.  This should change so they have to lower them so Indies can actually get around the map without having to pay for speed 5 and nitro or drive to the border and walk from there.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I'd like to motion against this suggestion. Give me ONE good reason a country should allow terrorists into its borders willingly?
At the moment your options are to subtly ask a faction to open the gates. Maybe you pay a civilian to request access to go mine diamonds or something, and take advantage of that situation. Let's say youre a civilian trying to make a lot of easy money driving heroin across the border, you'd have to remain hidden so you use the designated Border Breaches on the map. Sure it takes a little extra manpower to have one truck unload at the breach and pass it to a waiting truck on the otherside, but its risk/reward.
You can fly across, thats always an option. For those of you who are a little on the cheaper side, Bicycles and Motorcycles will fit through easily.

You are not locked out because a border is closed. There are ALWAYS options, get creative.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captain said:

I'd like to motion against this suggestion. Give me ONE good reason a country should allow terrorists into its borders willingly?
At the moment your options are to subtly ask a faction to open the gates. Maybe you pay a civilian to request access to go mine diamonds or something, and take advantage of that situation. Let's say youre a civilian trying to make a lot of easy money driving heroin across the border, you'd have to remain hidden so you use the designated Border Breaches on the map. Sure it takes a little extra manpower to have one truck unload at the breach and pass it to a waiting truck on the otherside, but its risk/reward.
You can fly across, thats always an option. For those of you who are a little on the cheaper side, Bicycles and Motorcycles will fit through easily.

You are not locked out because a border is closed. There are ALWAYS options, get creative.

I agree 

+1

1 hour ago, Captain said:

Because why should we be punished for lazy cops leaving their checkpoints unguarded.  If it's not guarded, there shouldn't be anything that we can't move stopping us from going through?  Same as civilians.  If cops want to be lazy, let THEM be punished.  Not us.

Edited by Complexity

You're not being punished, you're being challenged. BLUFOR and OPFOR's challenge is the constant insurgent threat, and your challenge is the occasional road block.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain said:

You're not being punished, you're being challenged. BLUFOR and OPFOR's challenge is the constant insurgent threat, and your challenge is the occasional road block.

Excactly

6 minutes ago, Captain said:

Roadblocks are pretty hard challenges man

Refer to my earlier post for a few examples of what you can do to circumvent these.
Then understand that BLUFOR and OPFOR's challenge is to hunt and kill insurgents who threaten not just their land, but your safety. And they have no sneaky solutions they can get between to reach peace.

The roads are not your only entry into North/South Takistan. Buy a dirt bike and go through the middle part of the illegal breach where the gap is slightly larger than usual. Or you can head to where the sandbag barrier is non existent in certain parts of Indep territory bordering the north. Its merely a line on the map. Get a good off road vehicle, don't be a lazy insurgent. 

Sometimes there aren't enough Blufor/Opfor to man the CP, whether its due to server population or situations that require the faction in questions presence elsewhere.

Edited by Smidge Griffkin
  • Like 1

-1 Im tired of seeing indepts take CPB or CPD just to get around to CPA to take us out, And its always a death sentence to take them around CPB. And as i hate taking unnecessary casulties i will lock these checkpoints and force you to channel into one area where i can control insurgents, And take a load off of BLUFOR as they are always being picked on

• Like 3

It's a set of blocks.

You're terrorists.

Adapt

Improvise.

Overcome.

Besides,Blu and Op have enough problems ignoring them opening borders for terrorists.

And a lot of the time Terrorists will kill border guards and complain about the border being closed.

• Like 2

I play a lot of opfor and we will only rarely close off a border. Most of the time it will be closed because we where manning it when indeps kill us. We would go back and open them and used to try when India ask us to open them but indeps have began to request that we open them even when they are already open simply to draw us over there to kill us. There will be a few time that we deliberately close off a border but when we do we put a marker on it so people know it is closed. Even then we will only really close them off when people like Abu are on so we can draw them to one border crossing and contain them better.

Edited by Elijah

+1

Unless a method for indeps to destroy the barriers, they are just lazy. Maybe only allow one border to be blocked at a time or something? 

Okay, first off, we simply don't need these roadblocks in the game.

All Checkpoints should be manned if they are to be closed, and if they are manned all they need is the Bargate to be closed, not the roadblock. This doesn't create new ways to get over the border, it simply takes the fun out of being Independent. You expect them to get an MI-8 to cross the border? Then OPFOR will do what they already do and put a ZSU AA Gun on the hill and shoot every single Helicopter out of the sky without any danger. At the moment, if the roadblocks are closed, then Independent simply can't get vehicles across the border anymore, completely sucking the fun out of Independent because forcing them to run 6000m+ is just unrealistic. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PastyHoneybuns said:

@Complexity They can always go through the valley through nagara's  valley. It might take a little bit it's a lot more covert. 

Yes, making Indies drive vehicles out of the map into a literal valley is a great idea :P It's hard to do with a car, let alone any vehicle the Indies might want to take over. A further issue with closing the borders is that it is completely unrealistic. No Military, let alone NATO, would close a border and walk off. Now say, even if they DID, then someone else would still be able to open the border, there's no super secret "NATO Identifier" System, that I know of at least, that can recognise NATO officers from a Civilian.

10 hours ago, ThePsychopath said:

Yes, making Indies drive vehicles out of the map into a literal valley is a great idea :P It's hard to do with a car, let alone any vehicle the Indies might want to take over. A further issue with closing the borders is that it is completely unrealistic. No Military, let alone NATO, would close a border and walk off. Now say, even if they DID, then someone else would still be able to open the border, there's no super secret "NATO Identifier" System, that I know of at least, that can recognise NATO officers from a Civilian.

You can always fly across the border.

1 hour ago, PastyHoneybuns said:

You can always fly across the border.

The people who don't understand the situation fully always begin their sentence with "You can". Yes, you are correct. We can do that, however it is no fun for us indies, and it is a sign of BLUFOR/OPFOR's laziness to guarding a border. It's even worse when they camp it even when the barricades are up. Almost every situation when it comes to these types of things, people argue it by saying "Well, you could just do this, or do this". People fire back at that with the same moral, different meaning. You could just not close the barricades.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.