From my many years of playing both Arma 2 and Arma 3 servers alike I have seen from many different ways of communities trying to find ways to improve role play. By far the most successful thing I have seen put into affect was removing the ability to check names via space bar. This inter would stop people from being completely obliterated from 4k out with atgms and lock on missile systems at people would not know who they were shooting at. You may wonder well what if someone breaks a rule how is someone suppose to know who it was if you cant see their name, and there is a simple solution to that instead of a players name showing up when you space bar on them their PID will show up it is a simple enough script that I have seen implemented on many Arma 2 and Arma 3 servers. Please let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions feel free to ask. :D

Edited by Mr.Pickle
  • Like 1

TLX Has been known for being a laid back server, things probably won't change, people get on to get some kills, then get off, changing that would kill a dying population.

Its simple if you have a population that likes the sever the current way don't change it, especially when it's a low one that will not grow any time soon.

1 hour ago, Jake Thompson said:

TLX Has been known for being a laid back server, things probably won't change, people get on to get some kills, then get off, changing that would kill a dying population.

Its simple if you have a population that likes the sever the current way don't change it, especially when it's a low one that will not grow any time soon.

Aye but having to properly ID targets and not having AI lock in to a vehicle that through magic you know has insurgents in it which is borderline metagaming imo seems like a reasonable requirement

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 12:50 PM, Pearse said:

Aye but having to properly ID targets and not having AI lock in to a vehicle that through magic you know has insurgents in it which is borderline metagaming imo seems like a reasonable requirement

I do support that idea, but that has never been the way TLX was. Back in the day when there were multiple Takistan Life servers, all with a lot of players and a big community, TLX always used to be the one where people went because, as Jake said, it's more laid back, you started with 1 million instead of either 250.000 or 500.000

The feature that you guys are talking about was implemented on RISE, where you could see who the car was registered to, by scanning the license when driving. It worked pretty well in my opinion, but unfortunately, it just can't happen on this server, at least for now. One reason being the one I already mentioned, the other reason being that TLX simply doesn't have the same amount of devs or the knowledge, that servers like RISE had.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.