Sign in to follow this  
Haqqa

Couple of rule suggestions

Hi everyone, while I've been playing in the last couple day's I've been thinking of some possible rules, keep in mind I mostly either play civ or OPFOR, so feel free to give feedback on these suggestions.

• Limit bank robberies to once per 30 minutes

Now this one isn't because of money since I always have bank insurance, but it is a pain sometimes seeing "The bank is being robbed" like every 5 minutes. A 30-minute cooldown might also give cops some breathing room ( I know a lot of you are gonna say they are incompetent and all but that's beside the point here).

• Limit attacks on Rasman/Checkpoints to once per 30 minutes as well (this excludes bomb cars/suicide vests/ that kind of stuff)

Now hear me out on this one cos I know a lot of you are gonna disagree. Whenever I play civ Rasman is in ruins way too often because of the conflict that happens there. The checkpoints also get attacked very often, which I believe is why they are unmanned so much. Given a 30 minute period in between attack would let civilians cross in peace without being in danger, and would give insurgents/terrorists some time to plan attacks. The 30 minute period would not apply to bomb cars and suicide attacks, which TBH is something I would like to see more of instead of getting sniped. I think having the insurgents or terrorists declare their attack over global and then announcing when all their soldiers are dead will make it clear when the grace period ends.

• Limit the amount of force when dealing with insurgents/terrorists

When I was playing civ indies or terrorists had taken up in the truck shop town, for some reason BLUFOR's idea was to spray every building with HE grenades and destroy most of them. I don't know if this is limited by current rules or what but since civs can buy houses then BLUFOR shouldn't be able to just level a whole town.

Feel free to give any feedback on the times I proposed or the rules themselves.

29 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

Hi everyone, while I've been playing in the last couple day's I've been thinking of some possible rules, keep in mind I mostly either play civ or OPFOR, so feel free to give feedback on these suggestions.

• Limit bank robberies to once per 30 minutes

Now this one isn't because of money since I always have bank insurance, but it is a pain sometimes seeing "The bank is being robbed" like every 5 minutes. A 30-minute cooldown might also give cops some breathing room ( I know a lot of you are gonna say they are incompetent and all but that's beside the point here).

• Limit attacks on Rasman/Checkpoints to once per 30 minutes as well (this excludes bomb cars/suicide vests/ that kind of stuff)

Now hear me out on this one cos I know a lot of you are gonna disagree. Whenever I play civ Rasman is in ruins way too often because of the conflict that happens there. The checkpoints also get attacked very often, which I believe is why they are unmanned so much. Given a 30 minute period in between attack would let civilians cross in peace without being in danger, and would give insurgents/terrorists some time to plan attacks. The 30 minute period would not apply to bomb cars and suicide attacks, which TBH is something I would like to see more of instead of getting sniped. I think having the insurgents or terrorists declare their attack over global and then announcing when all their soldiers are dead will make it clear when the grace period ends.

• Limit the amount of force when dealing with insurgents/terrorists

When I was playing civ indies or terrorists had taken up in the truck shop town, for some reason BLUFOR's idea was to spray every building with HE grenades and destroy most of them. I don't know if this is limited by current rules or what but since civs can buy houses then BLUFOR shouldn't be able to just level a whole town.

Feel free to give any feedback on the times I proposed or the rules themselves.

I don’t think your first suggestion will ever work due to general BLUFOR incompetence. Your second suggestion could work, and I think it might be a interesting thing to add, though thirty minutes is a little much, and I doubt many people would follow it. I definitely agree with you on your last suggestion, not just because I only play independent and think BLUFOR go totally overboard when choosing how to deal with a situation, but also because it does destroy the buildings, and causes lots of destruction and chaos; as well as because of the other reasons you mentioned.

After every robbery you could have 10 minutes timer that  makes you unable to rob the bank, similiar to the one that doesnt allow you to use ATM after robbery

and no, 30 minutes interval wont make cops stay at CPR, they arent there. Lets for example bring Eyebrows, he just joined server, bought Stryker ICV M2 and went straight to sniper hill, KOSing crims

13 hours ago, Haqqa said:

Limit attacks on Rasman/Checkpoints to once per 30 minutes as well (this excludes bomb cars/suicide vests/ that kind of stuff)

The only issue I see here is that then indies will have to work together from start to end to keep from breaking the timeframe. Not a bad thing but you can't force players to team up even more so when hardly ever do blufor or opfor work as an actual team.

5 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

I mean, we wouldn't have this issue if Insurgents did not spawn camp but whatever.

Ill just qiute you again on a previous post.

Any evidence? Video? Screenshots? Dont think so

1 hour ago, SlimBone said:

The only issue I see here is that then indies will have to work together from start to end to keep from breaking the timeframe. Not a bad thing but you can't force players to team up even more so when hardly ever do blufor or opfor work as an actual team.

The 30 minute grace period could be 15 minutes instead so breaking that time frame isn't much of an issue. This wouldn't force them to play together per se since they can still attack the CP/Rasman solo, but it would encourage cooperation.

6 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

The 30 minute grace period could be 15 minutes instead so breaking that time frame isn't much of an issue. This wouldn't force them to play together per se since they can still attack the CP/Rasman solo, but it would encourage cooperation.

And if one solo indie is already attacking rasman does that mean another solo indie has to wait to attack? I just dont see how this could be properly emplimented or managed.

1 minute ago, SlimBone said:

And if one solo indie is already attacking rasman does that mean another solo indie has to wait to attack? I just dont see how this could be properly emplimented or managed.

This is how I thought it out. If an indie attacks Rasman solo with the goal of capturing it and then fails then yes the 15/30 minute grace period would apply for all indeps. However if the indep attack on Rasman was a IED/Bomb Car/Suicide Vest, the 15/30 minute grace period does not apply, and indeps can still attempt to attack it. Indeps are still free to kill blufor/opfor/pmc anywhere else. It could be hard to manage, but a lot of the rules are hard to manage, and this means that if someone is keeping track of the time on blufor/opfor/indep/civ side, they can let the other faction know.

Just now, Haqqa said:

This is how I thought it out. If an indie attacks Rasman solo with the goal of capturing it and then fails then yes the 15/30 minute grace period would apply for all indeps. However if the indep attack on Rasman was a IED/Bomb Car/Suicide Vest, the 15/30 minute grace period does not apply, and indeps can still attempt to attack it. Indeps are still free to kill blufor/opfor/pmc anywhere else. It could be hard to manage, but a lot of the rules are hard to manage, and this means that if someone is keeping track of the time on blufor/opfor/indep/civ side, they can let the other faction know.

So if joe indie fails his attack and i just logged in i now have to wait to go and attack the one place with targets? So my gameplay will then be limited by another players failed attempt?

2 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

So if joe indie fails his attack and i just logged in i now have to wait to go and attack the one place with targets? So my gameplay will then be limited by another players failed attempt?

For 15 minutes yes, basically the time it takes you to set up and then drive to Rasman.

2 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

For 15 minutes yes, basically the time it takes you to set up and then drive to Rasman.

And if i was already there? And Joe indie makes his attack before i can and dies? Does that mean im stuck sitting and waiting?

12 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

And if i was already there? And Joe indie makes his attack before i can and dies? Does that mean im stuck sitting and waiting?

If you were in Rasman/close outskirts when his attack began then you are considered part of the attack. The attack ends once all indeps (not just the one who started the attack) in the area/close vicinity are killed.

2 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

If you were in Rasman/close outskirts when his attack began then you are considered part of the attack. The attack ends once all indeps (not just the one who started the attack) in the area/close vicinity are killed.

And as for the civ terrorists? 

Can an attack be started and continued if other indies join during the attack?

My final comment is that the staff dont wanna keep addinf rules just to appease new players who cant get around the more skilled. I was there myself once.

33 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

Then why do wee need to make it a rule?

4 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

And as for the civ terrorists? 

Can an attack be started and continued if other indies join during the attack?

Civ terrorists would count as indeps so if they are in Rasman when an indep attack on Rasman starts then they are considered part of the attack. Indeps can join the fight as long as there is at least one surviving member of the indeps there, once all indeps/terrorist die then they must announce it and the 15/30 minute grace period begins. For example you can go to Rasman while Joe is carrying out his attack, but if Joe dies while you are in truck shop town and he was the last attacker left then you have to wait, you can still reign chaos everywhere else, just not Rasman or whatever place was being attacked.

7 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

My final comment is that the staff dont wanna keep addinf rules just to appease new players who cant get around the more skilled. I was there myself once.

I totally understand this, but this isn't because of skill, this is mostly so civilians can go into Rasman in peace or cross checkpoints in peace so they don't have to worry about being caught in the crossfire. This will also reduce the instances of checkpoints being closed and unmanned because the people manning it where killed.

2 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

Then why do wee need to make it a rule?

Because there are times where Rasman and some CP's are just under constant attack. This would help break it up.

1 minute ago, Haqqa said:

Because there are times where Rasman and some CP's are just under constant attack. This would help break it up.

If its constant then doesnt that mean not all the threats were eliminated?

1 hour ago, SlimBone said:

If its constant then doesnt that mean not all the threats were eliminated?

I meant constant as in all the threats are eliminated but 2 minutes later indeps/terrorists return and the cycle repeats. For example with the way it is right now, Joe and his buddies carry out his attack, then they are all killed, you are at truck shop station enroute to Rasman, and arrive after their attack is over, but you can still attack, then by the time you are dead, Joe and his buddies are themselves at truck stop on their way back to Rasman for another round, and the cycle repeats. My goal with this rule is to stop this constant flow of attacks.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.