Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Col. Stryder

What is a High Valued target?

I got into some trouble with an admin called Jake Thompson about what a High Valued target really is, it is not stated anywhere in the rules what a High Valued target is. The word High Valued is an ever-changing thought. Some people have different views on what has Value, in some eyes, a Gold ring might have a higher value than a Diamond ring because of how it looks and there personal views on it. Since it was never stated in the rules what a High Valued target, could the President be a High Valued target? Or could the Police Cheif be it? Or could it be an Insurgent that has killed many people, for example, Osama bin Laden was considered a High Valued target by the military and people around the world he killed many citizens/civilians. Simply in the police force, a major drug dealer could be considered a high valued target.

So in my eyes, someone who has caused a lot of terror within Rasman, someone who has set of explosives killed many people and somehow got through my border, my Checkpoint alpha :(. I thought it would be okay after hearing of his chaos and the magnitude of his disruption of the peace, as I simply deemed it my responsibility that someone got through my checkpoint alpha :(. I covertly went through the border, sat up on the hill. Trying to find him, I heard rockets come from behind me, about 20M away scaring the shit out of me. I turn around and I shoot him and well he's dead. I then get pulled into a Support room, and he then tells me that I can only assassinate the president and police chief. But where is that said? And he told me that you ask an admin first, which is fucking retarded? Which I then have to comp him about 1.6 million? I have only been playing for a little bit so my money is not flowing yet.

What are your views on this, just curious about what people thought of this and should I have to pay compensation for it? 

Someone who is deemed too dangerous to the population, and must be taken out so they will not be able to cause any more destruction.

• Like 1

If those rockets hit within your vicinity that's a direct threat to your life. The official definition of HVT is: "A target the enemy commander requires for the successful completion of the mission". if you were opfor or blufor and he was an indep or a civilian wanted for terror or other serious crimes then that would be reason to kill him. if you were a civilian then you may not kill him, same thing goes if you were part of the same faction. if you were a PMC then it is within your right to kill any civilian with a serious crime warrant as long as you declared you're peacekeeping beforehand. so the only way I can see you not being eligible to kill him if if you were a civilian

Ill give a little bit more clarity here, a high value target in TLX terms is someone who is high in power or wealth, or a corrupt president

examples: Corrupt president of takistan

TLA Leader

Blufor chief of police

Bank robber

HVT Reasons for me is as followed

1. Has alot of money on hand

2. High in power or leadership

3. A dangerous enemy of takistan, that has to be eliminated, Such as a serial killer (Bad criminal) or Terrorists

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kane said:

3. A dangerous enemy of takistan, that has to be eliminated, Such as a serial killer (Bad criminal) or Terrorists

Aka everyone from the Sons of Shariah.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

Aka everyone from the Sons of Shariah.

lol Slim

Your allowed to kill anyone who fires at you while looking for a high value target. Whoever punished you was wrong and did a bad job moderating. and nowhere in any of the rules does it ever say to ask staff for anything. sounds like admin abuse 

Edited by staan

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.