Sign in to follow this  
TristanAus

Cop UAV's

18 minutes ago, TristanAus said:

Make cop UAV's martial law or war vics.

Can you be more specific? What vehicle? If i recall, there is an armed and unarmed version.

+1The armed MQ-9 it has no flares but it can sit  5k up and can shoot across the map it has a range of at least 8k maybe even more.

being 5k up makes it almost impossible to take it down as a  indie stingers cant see it and the zsu cant get to a good anoth angle to dhoot them down

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DOMOCOP14 said:

+1The armed MQ-9 it has no flares but it can sit  5k up and can shoot across the map it has a range of at least 8k maybe even more.

being 5k up makes it almost impossible to take it down as a  indie stingers cant see it and the zsu cant get to a good anoth angle to dhoot them down

+1 Tried using AI as gunners for the different vic and they still couldn't reach the drone. Spent a lot of money to try and take them down. Yes them as in two!

• Like 1

-1 First its the striker that people wanna get rid of and now the drone because blufor finally have a tool they can use to have an advantage, Its precise targeting and usually does not have collateral damage

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

-1 First its the striker that people wanna get rid of and now the drone because blufor finally have a tool they can use to have an advantage, Its precise targeting and usually does not have collateral damage

No, the ability to smite people across the map should be a thing for admin, so that is why it should be a war vehicule. You have to remember that this is a game, at some point it need balance so that everyone can enjoy it. Blufor has already a tons of advantage against everyone, one less still make them the best equiped all around.

• Like 2

once my support app goes through we can get stingers which should make this less of a problem. 

After I tested it, I feel that it isn’t really over powered for a few reasons.

1. It has no defense mechanism besides being able to fly high.

2. You really need to have an AI spotter if you want to lock onto near by vehicles.

3. You can only lock onto land vehicles and not actual player models or aircraft if they are airborne. Blufor are only allowed to shoot vehicles in their territory, so remember this point.

4. We have never had a problem with it throughout the whole time TLX has been up until now.

Althought with its capabilities, I do feel the price can be increased to 10,000,000.

11 minutes ago, Unknown said:

After I tested it, I feel that it isn’t really over powered for a few reasons.

1. It has no defense mechanism besides being able to fly high.

2. You really need to have an AI spotter if you want to lock onto near by vehicles.

3. You can only lock onto land vehicles and not actual player models or aircraft if they are airborne. Blufor are only allowed to shoot vehicles in their territory, so remember this point.

4. We have never had a problem with it throughout the whole time TLX has been up until now.

Althought with its capabilities, I do feel the price can be increased to 10,000,000.

+1 Yeah a price mark up sounds good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Unknown said:

This would help.

-1 price is fine where it's at imo it isn't an overkill vehicle and players rarely use it.

4 hours ago, Roque said:

-1 price is fine where it's at imo it isn't an overkill vehicle and players rarely use it.

Agree

20 hours ago, SlimBone said:

+1 Yeah a price mark up sounds good.

its already a costly vehicle costing around 9 mil if i remember so we  cant spam it  that much unless the person has 100+mil in their bank and even then they dont  really go for the drone they most likely go for a wildcat or a venom 

Edited by TheDevilApe
i cant spell

2 hours ago, TheDevilApe said:

its already a costly vehicle costing around 9 mil if i remember so we  cant spam it  that much unless the person has 100+mil in their bank and even then they dont  really go for the drone they most likely go for a wildcat or a venom 

Shenanigans I know for a fact its those who do have the money. What I don't call it out on are those who have the money because they are skilled players who know how to use the Vic. I finished taking down two today with an igla launcher but this is where i make my end of this case. 

1. The equipment needed to take down the vic falls on the shoulders of supports or those with money for an igla pod or launcher.

2. The skill required to use this vic to its potential should be the ones with the skill to afford it.

3. We found ourselves a new hindfor issue here (Something that can be countered with smarts or by being lucky)

4. All things can be solves by making them pricey (The more they cost the more reason you should need to get them).

Most things on this server should be treated on a case to case based. If theres a need for it then ok but unless "He who thinks he's head of some big terrorist operation and has a BDRM AGTM at the boarder" why would you need to spend the money. Buy based on the threat at hand. 7/2 blufor to indie? IEDs... Stryker to retaliate? BDRM... Drone? Help who's a supporter?! But I'm also a hypocrite cause ill grab a IED's just for SUV's. I just wanna see blufor make attempts like makings note and warning civs hey possible IED please route all traffic. Make us indies have to change it up.

Tl;Dr- We all learn watching each other drown. All things have a solution. Be patient and get crafty.

Final response from staff on this matter. The drone will not be added to the Martial Law or War vehicle lists. Instead I will have the price increased $5,000,000.