Sign in to follow this  
staan

clarify vdm

i've seen people say its ok if your getting shot at, and i've seen people say it's never ok.

can we get a ruling?

VDM is never okay, At all, If anyone says so otherwise then let a staff memeber know, if none are on make a player report

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kane said:

VDM is never okay, At all, If anyone says so otherwise then let a staff memeber know, if none are on make a player report

So not even if, say for example, you're a cop in the middle of the street and an indep begins firing at you as you're driving towards them?

yeah i've always heard vdm was ok if someone was shooting at you. Today was the first time i've heard it was never acceptable. Not to mention its probably the #1 killer on the server. 

Hitting someone with a vehicle is okay if it’s in self defense. For example, if someone was shooting at you and you are traveling towards them, it would be considered self defense if you hit and killed them.

21 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Hitting someone with a vehicle is okay if it’s in self defense. For example, if someone was shooting at you and you are traveling towards them, it would be considered self defense if you hit and killed them.

Well if that's the case how are you going to distinguish between "self-defence" and deliberate VDM. Because the current rule stating "Vehicle deathmatching (VDM), deliberately killing players with a vehicle, is not permitted"  should probably be changed.

Also, this is the first time that I've ever heard that VDM is acceptable for self-defence (on TLX). Apart from a previous rule that allowed indies to purposely VDM anyone which was really fun and should be brought back.

Edited by Roque

53 minutes ago, Roque said:

Well if that's the case how are you going to distinguish between "self-defence" and deliberate VDM. Because the current rule stating "Vehicle deathmatching (VDM), deliberately killing players with a vehicle, is not permitted"  should probably be changed.

Also, this is the first time that I've ever heard that VDM is acceptable for self-defence (on TLX). Apart from a previous rule that allowed indies to purposely VDM anyone which was really fun and should be brought back.

I have always allowed VDM in self defense cases especially when I owned it. You can clearly distinguish the difference between the two. If someone is trying to kill you and you kill them with your vehicle, that’s self defense.

• Like 1

i agree it should be allowed for self defence and for indies look at all the car based terror attacks lately

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.