Sign in to follow this  
Kennyteao

Allow Civilians with combat training to spawn at Terrorist Hideout

Allow Civs with (or without) Combat training the ability to spawn at Terrorist Hideout, add a civilian vehicle shop as well if there isn't one already.

The civilian vehicle shop can be implimented, I’ll let more feed back about the spawning there.

• Like 1

-1 If civilians could declare terror every time they respawn we would have a ton o terrorists all at once and that would ruin ALL rp on the server. how it is now the time it takes to drive to terror and back helps regulate the amount of terrorists on the server. If you wanted to implement this then there would have to be a limit on how many people can declare terror and by the time you do that we would basically be making another indep faction.

4 hours ago, Elijah said:

-1 If civilians could declare terror every time they respawn we would have a ton o terrorists all at once and that would ruin ALL rp on the server. how it is now the time it takes to drive to terror and back helps regulate the amount of terrorists on the server. If you wanted to implement this then there would have to be a limit on how many people can declare terror and by the time you do that we would basically be making another indep faction.

Well first off there is no RP on the server, just objectively. And the time it takes to get to terror hideout is not very long, just long enough to be annoying. I can pull 2 suicide attacks or more within 10-15 minutes driving all the way from spawn to terror, and terror to rasman. So it doesn’t significantly decrease civ terror presence. Like I said it’s just annoying.

3 hours ago, Spork said:

-1 go play indep if you wanna play as terrorist nonstop

TBH I would rather see indeps removed, and all terror be from civ terrorists but that’s a completely other suggestion amigo;) Either way you’ve provided fundementally no argument against allowing civs to spawn at hideout.

26 minutes ago, Kennyteao said:

the time it takes to get to terror hideout is not very long, just long enough to be annoying. I can pull 2 suicide attacks or more within 10-15 minutes driving all the way from spawn to terror, and terror to rasman. So it doesn’t significantly decrease civ terror presence. Like I said it’s just annoying.

The fact that is is just a bit annoying is the reason why we don't have all civs declareing terror 24/7 if we removed that annoyance than all we would have is a bunch of civilian terrorists fighting blufor all the time. 

You saying that there is no RP is false. People always complain that there is no RP on the server but half the reason is because so many people just want to play indie or declare terror. The other reason that people believe there is not much RP is because very few people actually try to RP. Personally I enjoy RP so I do my best to increas it for instance when anyone tries to rob me or when a blufor tries to pull me over I comply because even if I do lose some money from it I still get the enjoyment of the RP. If we allow all the civs to easily declare terror it would make it even harder to RP in those ways. That is why I believe that this would ruin RP on the server.

28 minutes ago, Elijah said:

The fact that is is just a bit annoying is the reason why we don't have all civs declareing terror 24/7 if we removed that annoyance than all we would have is a bunch of civilian terrorists fighting blufor all the time. 

You saying that there is no RP is false. People always complain that there is no RP on the server but half the reason is because so many people just want to play indie or declare terror. The other reason that people believe there is not much RP is because very few people actually try to RP. Personally I enjoy RP so I do my best to increas it for instance when anyone tries to rob me or when a blufor tries to pull me over I comply because even if I do lose some money from it I still get the enjoyment of the RP. If we allow all the civs to easily declare terror it would make it even harder to RP in those ways. That is why I believe that this would ruin RP on the server.

I think there are a lot of mechanics currently hindering meaningful RP on the server, and I don’t neccesarily count civ terror as one. As I mentioned above, the fact that there is an indy faction at all is a hinderance to RP as it is a faction made for deathmatching. At least as a civ terrorist you can usually get some interaction before being KOSed

Edited by Kennyteao

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.