So i love this server and taki life brings good memories, however, it's getting a little hard to play with an average of like maybe 15-20 players. As I am writing this the server average on game tracker is 17 for this month. Now in my experience and based on my opinion I think you need at least 40 players on a roleplay server. Firstly because the takistan map is huge, also sooner or later you aren't gonna meet any new people or have any fresh rp. Ways maybe to fix it is to make new players feel more welcome? I played yesterday and I saw two new players on so I don't think getting people to join is the issue. I also think maybe releasing the new update Asap, not sure when it comes out but I think it'd help. 

Overall I feel as though getting players to stay, is the issue currently right now whether they are lost and don't know what to do, or they get fucked by retard cops it varies. 

My opinion with this is that right now when new players come, they join the game and start out as whatever they wish. When they start driving and stuff they just get killed all the time so they get mad and leave for good. Theres WAY to much rdm and killing, most of this comes from the indep faction and rule breaking idiots that play civ. This needs to be fixed asap! 

• Like 1

If I may give my blunt opinion,

Arma 2 is a dying game. There are very few servers and communities that are still thriving like they were a few years ago. DayZ Mod is what really put the Arma series on the map. All these Life of RP communities were finally discovered when people wanted something different from DayZ. Island Life, Taki Life. Fuck, we even had Cherno Life on A2 before we had OA and CO. Now, this game has been abandoned. It's had it's run.

There are very few communities still kicking. Even DayZ Servers are done. So, when someone comes onto a community like this, where Death Matching and Little RP are the norm, it's not a surprise they get turned off and go elsewhere. Oh wait, there isn't anywhere else to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, canadianbacon22 said:

If I may give my blunt opinion,

Arma 2 is a dying game. There are very few servers and communities that are still thriving like they were a few years ago. DayZ Mod is what really put the Arma series on the map. All these Life of RP communities were finally discovered when people wanted something different from DayZ. Island Life, Taki Life. Fuck, we even had Cherno Life on A2 before we had OA and CO. Now, this game has been abandoned. It's had it's run.

There are very few communities still kicking. Even DayZ Servers are done. So, when someone comes onto a community like this, where Death Matching and Little RP are the norm, it's not a surprise they get turned off and go elsewhere. Oh wait, there isn't anywhere else to go.

Nailed it right on the head

7 hours ago, Jacob said:

My opinion with this is that right now when new players come, they join the game and start out as whatever they wish. When they start driving and stuff they just get killed all the time so they get mad and leave for good. Theres WAY to much rdm and killing, most of this comes from the indep faction and rule breaking idiots that play civ. This needs to be fixed asap! 

I barely ever see indi or civs rdming people. The most unarmed random deaths i see is from blufor and opfor.

11 hours ago, staan said:

I barely ever see indi or civs rdming people. The most unarmed random deaths i see is from blufor and opfor.

then u obviously dont play in the afternoon! 

16 hours ago, staan said:

Yeah, the opfor almost never RDM's I've seen it from indeps more than opfor but i'd definitely say the blufor take the cake with rdm.

But why is that happening in the first place????

1 hour ago, Hordan said:

Yeah, the opfor almost never RDM's I've seen it from indeps more than opfor but i'd definitely say the blufor take the cake with rdm.

But why is that happening in the first place????

Because players don't know what they're doing and lack structure.

arma2 taki life servers are cyclical, they get people playing, grow more popular, then a whole bureaucracy is built around moderating and administration. The squeezing of rules enforced by some people who don't necessarily follow the rules or the spirit of the game start turning players off of the gameplay and the server population dies.

I've seen it happen to many servers.

when its open its fun

when they start with the military ranks and training requirements, constant required teamspeak interaction and more of a war server it dies.

just my opinion but thats the way it seems to go

its fun when it cops and robbers

when its a military simulation it dies 

37 minutes ago, staan said:

arma2 taki life servers are cyclical, they get people playing, grow more popular, then a whole bureaucracy is built around moderating and administration. The squeezing of rules enforced by some people who don't necessarily follow the rules or the spirit of the game start turning players off of the gameplay and the server population dies.

when its open its fun

when they start with the military ranks and training requirements, constant required teamspeak interaction and more of a war server it dies.

Amen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, staan said:

when its open its fun

If the new consensus is that whitelisting, ranks, and training requirements are not wanted - then why is it that everyone was wanting them a month ago? Let's not forget that the majority of the community voted for these changes and has been wanting them implemented.

That aside, these changes aren't in yet, so I don't how something that has yet to be changed has killed the server.

Edited by Giovanni

whitelisting is fine, but more important is blacklisting those who cant lay blufor without kosing for no reason

ranks are just from cop and military wannabes to think they have power over someone

i personally think that when cops use military equipment in a roleplay server it always makes the population decrease

get a pistol and rob the bank and the bank gets blown up with you inside by a stryker spamming grenades, then the bank is ruined till the next restart

wanna play indi? better hope opfor and blufor haven't closed the unmanned barriers and watch for the opfor with ai in a mi8 rocketing the guys in a jeep with an ak

wanna rob gas stations? your wanted and no blufor will ever try to stun and arrest you they will shoot you on sight, usually with a styker

wanna roleplay a civ, get pulled over as soon as blufor spots you, tell them to fuck off, get arrested for not treating them like a real authority

make it to rasman as an indi with a rifle shoot a cop, cop failrp metagames your location to stryker get grenaded

there are good people that play blufor that will raid a building and try to neutralize a threat, those same ones will actually arrest a wanted person instead of kosing them, but most cops will get into a stryker and spam a building till they can get to you

i made a comment before disputing that blufor as opposed to indi kills more unarmed civs or unwanted pmc more than other factions and people said i was wrong, i played earlier today and there were like 5 or 6 unarmed killing all by blufor  0 by any other faction.

7 minutes ago, staan said:

ranks are just from cop and military wannabes to think they have power over someone

I disagree with this, because ranks mean there is a chain of command, which is somewhat needed to deal with internal faction issues and also manage where people are and what they are doing.

7 minutes ago, staan said:

get a pistol and rob the bank and the bank gets blown up with you inside by a stryker spamming grenades, then the bank is ruined till the next restart

wanna play indi? better hope opfor and blufor haven't closed the unmanned barriers and watch for the opfor with ai in a mi8 rocketing the guys in a jeep with an ak

wanna rob gas stations? your wanted and no blufor will ever try to stun and arrest you they will shoot you on sight, usually with a styker

wanna roleplay a civ, get pulled over as soon as blufor spots you, tell them to fuck off, get arrested for not treating them like a real authority

make it to rasman as an indi with a rifle shoot a cop, cop failrp metagames your location to stryker get grenaded

A lot of this could be fixed by having proper regulations, training, and restrictions within the factions and having the CoC enforcing them, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, staan said:

woah that was weird these replies were moved from the winters drama thread

I moved them here because they were off topic in that thread, here they fit into the conversation

or by making all armored vehicles martial law or war, at least the ones that are a cocoon, the armored hmmv with exposed gunner is alright cause at least the engagement has a chance either way

the regulations are fine, but until actual blacklisting happens to offenders it wont change

i saw a blufor first restraining then killing wanted people the other day just to glitch them into 15 minute jail times

ai should go

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.