DefaultFun

PMC Rule addition

+1 it doesn't make sense for the Indeps to hire PMC when Indeps have more stuff than PMC does and they can do it themselves.

-1.  PMC are a private military company.  They take contracts from anyone, and have special reasons to be contracted.  PMC's can be hired for an area secure aka a checkpoint by indies.  They are fine.

+1

Private Military Companies, as you say, can take contracts. However, they are not usually known for taking contracts from terrorist organisations as their licenses as a Private Military Company are usually given by a NATO Country (If I remember correctly, most are from the United States).

PMCs and Indeps have a KOS rule on each other, therefore, hiring PMC is essentially breaking rules.

Rules 1 of independents

1. As terrorists, Independents are permitted to kill BLUFOR, OPFOR and PMC on sight.

They should not hire the enemy. Also, if you were hired by an indep, doesn't stop other indeps shooting the PMC

And may I ask what they need a PMC for? to kill people, to protect them???? When independents have rights to shoot and kill all hostile threats. As an independent only player. I do not find the need for Indeps to hire PMCs necessary when we have a wide range of weaponry to protect, kill and enforce whatever we need to do. and if you're going to say "We can protect them while they are mining" Stop right there. Because I guarantee as soon as a player like RawnoSaur sees an indep, The indep is going to most likely die. Your contracts would last around 2-3 minutes. Which you could be doing something better in that time

28 minutes ago, Zerix said:

PMCs and Indeps have a KOS rule on each other, therefore, hiring PMC is essentially breaking rules.

Rules 1 of independents

1. As terrorists, Independents are permitted to kill BLUFOR, OPFOR and PMC on sight.

KOS rule technically doesn't mean they must kill that faction on sight, it just means they are allowed to do so. As it stands right now, independents are allowed to hire PMCs. Whether it will change or not is yet to be decided and that's the reason this suggestion is here.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Zerix said:

Rules 1 of independents

They should not hire the enemy. Also, if you were hired by an indep, doesn't stop other indeps shooting the PMC

And may I ask what they need a PMC for? to kill people, to protect them???? When independents have rights to shoot and kill all hostile threats. As an independent only player. I do not find the need for Indeps to hire PMCs necessary when we have a wide range of weaponry to protect, kill and enforce whatever we need to do. and if you're going to say "We can protect them while they are mining" Stop right there. Because I guarantee as soon as a player like RawnoSaur sees an indep, The indep is going to most likely die. Your contracts would last around 2-3 minutes. Which you could be doing something better in that time

PMC’s can be hired for an area to be secured.  PMC’s are in it for money, they also don’t HAVE to kos said faction, they can.  It seems 100% reasonable to make a contract with a PMC to secure and hold a checkpoint for independents.

26 minutes ago, Complexity said:

PMC’s can be hired for an area to be secured.  PMC’s are in it for money, they also don’t HAVE to kos said faction, they can.  It seems 100% reasonable to make a contract with a PMC to secure and hold a checkpoint for independents.

I agree but, they should NOT be able to be contracted to go mass murder everyone. I have had this happen to me yesterday and it was ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Mujeeb said:

PMCs are in it for the money. Moral compass does not apply. 

Half true. Moral guides may not concern them all that much, however as stated previously, the countries which give them the licenses to practice as PMC's have moral compasses, and as such, PMC's very rarely work with terrorist organisations.

5 hours ago, Jacob said:

I agree but, they should NOT be able to be contracted to go mass murder everyone. I have had this happen to me yesterday and it was ridiculous. 

PMCs should state in global that they are working for a terrorist if they are to do so.  So everyone is aware and has the knowledge to fight back

• Like 1

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.