Sheev Palpatine

Rule Change Suggestion - War

So, today there was a war between opfor and blufor. It was crazy ass one-sided for a lot of reasons, particularly because opfor was having communication problems which set us back a ton, aaaaaaaaand like half of opfor immediately switched sides once the war started. I propose we need to add a war rule that you absolutely cannot switch sides once it's started or you face a blacklist. That shit was absolutely ridiculous. It was 13(opfor), 8(blufor) when the war started, and then by the end of the war it was 11(opfor), 17(blufor). Again, this shit is ridiculous and needs to be punishable. 

-1 This would probably be impossible to regulate and just seems like a stupid rule in general. Players will always switch sides at the very end to get the reward money, that's just how it is.

Also you guys really dropped the ball during that war. You had all the experienced players and still lost.

Edited by Roque
dsadsa

+1 I'm tired of it, we always have numbers but when war is declared, half of opfor switches sides and fucks us over, and we loose way to much money from it

5 minutes ago, Roque said:

also add context

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

Why? You're supposed to put a reason.

Sir I did put a reason.

10 minutes ago, Roque said:

Also you guys really dropped the ball during that war. You had all the experienced players and still lost.

But we immediately became massively outnumbered with everybody switching sides. And we were literally bombed in our base. I think two people, maybe three, got strikes over it.

Edited by Sheev Palpatine

8 minutes ago, Roque said:

We were being spawn killed and safezone killed, Not our fault we were out of cash and couldn't leave our base

Just now, Kane said:

We were being spawn killed and safezone killed.

There are rules in place to stop this is there not?

Just now, Roque said:

There are rules in place to stop this is there not?

Its in the General Rules, One of the first things you read

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Its in the General Rules, One of the first things you read

Exactly. Have you not thought of reporting the players "camping"?

1 minute ago, Roque said:

Dumbass. Of course we have, and we did in that very moment. It didn't stop them from doing it.

Didnt have to, King was watching the entire time

• Like 1

Just now, Sheev Palpatine said:

Dumbass. Of course we have, and we did in that very moment. It didn't stop them from doing it.

Hey, stop with the flaming. It was only a question, but this seems like a player reporting issue not really an uneven team issue?

Hey, stop with the flaming. It was only a question, but this seems like a player reporting issue not really an uneven team issue?

Yeah, it was. Aside from that, though, we were completely boxed in our base by the rest of blufor. Something that may not have happened if half of opfor didn't jump ship. We would have had more people to fight blufor, and less blufor to fight.

From eyewitness and video, I've counted 2 A10s, 1 F35, 1 AV8B, 1 AH1Z, and 1 MQ9 predator.

-1 opfour has more power behind them (in my opinion) that could easily win wars,second let  people do what they want it a game.

• Like 1

+1 This would be a good addition and there should be a way to implement this involving faction locking. Maybe set a trigger so that when war is declared, faction lock is enabled and when it is done, faction lock is disabled. I am aware this would be server-wide and lock civilians and indeps as well but I see no problem with that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Masten24 said:

-1 opfour has more power behind them (in my opinion) that could easily win wars,second let  people do what they want it a game.

Wrong.

Opfor is superior during peacetime, but during war, Blufor is the strongest. They have better vehicles hands down, there are usually more of them, and IIRC they can get lock-on AT w/o being donator. We can"t.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All of Opfor left because they were horrifically losing lul. I shot down an SU-34 with an A10 and @Maverick shot one down with a AH1Z I believe.

You guys started the war, and then failed horrifically at the attack and lost terribly. Nice war though ;)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Supersahen said:

All of Opfor left because they were horrifically losing lul. I shot down an SU-34 with an A10 and @Maverick shot one down with a AH1Z I believe.

You guys started the war, and then failed horrifically at the attack and lost terribly. Nice war though ;)

k but none of that actually addresses the issue at hand.

18 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

It was 13(opfor), 8(blufor) when the war started, and then by the end of the war it was 11(opfor), 17(blufor). Again, this shit is ridiculous and needs to be punishable. 

So yall lost 2 players and call BS? I mean I agree with Roque.. Players will move to the winning side, and blacklisting em would just create drama for staff.. It's a shitty ordeal but if you blacklist everyone for switching sides with war or not, no one would be playing blufor or opfor. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creepy Iceceam said:

So yall lost 2 players and call BS? I mean I agree with Roque.. Players will move to the winning side, and blacklisting em would just create drama for staff.. It's a shitty ordeal but if you blacklist everyone for switching sides with war or not, no one would be playing blufor or opfor. 

We lost more than 2, we just gained a few randoms because of the war.

3 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

We lost more than 2, we just gained a few randoms because of the war.

You lost people because blufor has better items for war, but gained em with randoms. I still don't see the problem.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.