Chechen Soldier

L-39 limited stock

As you all know the L-39 was restricted the other day to a stock of 6. Now me with my love of aviation and only playing opfor just to fly the L-39 I feel like the restriction of limited stock will be kind of useless and hurt more than you think. The L-39 im sure you all know is a trainer jet that has an armament of 64 s-5 rockets and a main gun that has 150 rounds. The main issue that I dealt with in my time of flying the L-39 so much on TLX was the issue with independents. Most people saying the L-39 is too op for what opfor should have should keep in mind that Opfor "Russia" is a militaristic state, they dont follow the common laws that the blufor have because the blufor are a peacekeeping faction, they dont need the use of war vehicles because they are peace keepers. Russia on the other hand obviously is corrupt and are not following the same laws. In my time flying the L-39 it cant do everything. Ive been shot down multiple times from stingers and igla pods. L-39s are invincible as you people may think. The only seriously OP thing on the l-39 would be the targeting. If you wish to nurf the L-39 you should remove the targeting of players on the ground, that is how i get most of my kills because the L-39 can for some reason lock onto a person on the ground who is 3km away from you. The L-39 takes a certain skill to use and it will challenge the pilots even more if you remove that targeting. Indeps could easily get off of their bikes or what not and run, it is hard to spot a 6'0 durka durka running around 1km in the air. The lock on that the L-39 has is not the most effective at some times, it will either lag and show their location from the past 5 minutes or just not work at all but when it does work its like Gods hand guiding you to the death of a durka. If there were to be restrictions i feel they shouldn't be on the L-39 they should be on the mi-24, the mi-24 has lock on rockets and is a two seater with a gunner. If you put AI in that bish you are unstoppable. The only thing that the L-39 has is the speed and altitude it can reach. Now with the rank structures I talked about in another thread I said that certain ranks should allow vehicles, higher ranks should allow tanks, jets, etc. And lower teir should allow low end vehicles. I feel like this could fix the situation. 

If you have any thoughts about the topic leave me a comment so we can talk about it, any feedback would be great! Thanks!

• Dislike 2

That "targeting" thing is a thing in the game. It's an issue in ArmA which we can't remove. However, the biggest issue with the L-39 is it's speed, agility and Radar.

People know me. I used to spam L-39 and MI-24 on the last server and would often finish with huge kill streaks, but also ruined the game for an entire faction. A good pilot in an L-39 is immune to even two Humvee Avengers, never mind Igla's and Igla Pods.

Jets should not be spammed and it just ruins playing as Idepts ever since only supporters have lockon's and its almost impossible to use towed AA against jets Keep restrictions.

2 hours ago, Masten24 said:

Jets should not be spammed and it just ruins playing as Idepts ever since only supporters have lockon's and its almost impossible to use towed AA against jets Keep restrictions.

We never spammed jets is the thing. They are 8 mil each, its kind of a pain dying losing 8 mil and risking it to lose another 8 mil

The votes on Discord indicate that people are actually more interested in making the L-39 a war vehicle over anything else, so L-39 pilots should feel lucky it's even available to them during peace.

Restrictions on its use will not be lifted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.