Sign in to follow this  
Kane

Removal of the M47 dragon from Indepts

So far, ive lost to many vehicles and troops due to the indepts camping on hills and locking on then disspearing for an hour, waiting till we bring something else and blowing that up aswell. I'm tired of It and it should either be removed or restricted to war-time only

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is something I never understood, How come everyone thinks indeps are op? They have less equipment than the other factions and only 7 slots. 

The M-47 dragon, is not only a realistic weapon for such a force but it isn't even that good. You shouldn't be operating an armoured vehicle alone. Patrol, provide cover. You have some of the best weapon systems available to you.

If you're unable to protect a BMP from a dragon, you don't deserve to have said BMP.

Actual terrorist organisations have huge stockpiles of ATGMs, as they are extremely common such as this Iraq, M1 Abrams being hit by a Konkurs ATGM causing an ammo cook off.

Edited by LordWookie
  • Like 2

Wookie, Id like to see you try then, The rocket follows us to our postion, It isnt like a helicopter where i can flare it off and its not a 2shot kill. They will hide 1.5km away and fire from there, If you are unable to see this then your underestimating the launcher

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Wookie, Id like to see you try then, The rocket follows us to our postion, It isnt like a helicopter where i can flare it off and its not a 2shot kill. They will hide 1.5km away and fire from there, If you are unable to see this then your underestimating the launcher

You are aware the smoke from the commander seat is IR smoke which defeats the missiles right?

You are aware you can use your thermals, and other infantry around your vehicle to protect your position right...?

I'm very much aware of what the launcher is capable off. I used it a lot when I played Indep and I also used the BMP-3 a lot when I was OPFOR.

• Like 1

I know, And i use the BMP3 alot now, However its not enough anymore, by the time you know where they are they already have got you. You can scan the hills all you want and come up with nothing and then the next second your bmp is gone. And also the smoke hardly works, its only saved me once and its because i was going down hill

Edited by Kane
  • Like 1

I would not think it was a problem if opfor had any launcher that could lock on. it is not very accurate in my opinion for Russian soldier to not have any lock on launchers available to them. opfor is also the only faction that cant get lock on launchers and it can be a bit annoying.

If the dragon is removed then all the armor/jet/hind should be War time only... I still don't understand why indies need to play the same rules as opfor n blufor with war time items. Maybe stop going to the same spot over n over.. -1

• Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 10:39 PM, Kane said:

I know, And i use the BMP3 alot now, However its not enough anymore, by the time you know where they are they already have got you. You can scan the hills all you want and come up with nothing and then the next second your bmp is gone. And also the smoke hardly works, its only saved me once and its because i was going down hill

If the BMP-3 isn't enough it's a learn to play issue and the issue is simply that you're bad.

You're trying to operate a vehicle that should have multiple crew members alone. That's your first mistake. Tanks arn't made to be solo crewed. Stop trying to make them so.

The M-47 Dragon is Indeps only reliable AT weapon against heavy armour.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.