Sign in to follow this  
Chance

Balance BLUFOR and OPFOR

BLUFOR Prices should be lowered or OPFOR limited. The reason being OPFOR, also known as TLA, is a Communist Country backed by Russia which would most likely have several dozen economic sanctions for backing a country against NATO. This, in turn, would cause Russia to slow or stop all funding to that nation as they would need to focus on the motherland. This is why it is so confusing that they have access to such amazing vehicles for such low prices. If we look at BLUFOR, also known as NATO, is an alliance of 29 Member Nations; backed mainly by the United States, the last remaining Superpower. If we think about this, what are the odds that a small communist nation with starving people and a crippled economy would be able to fight off NATO? Slim to none are my odds. Unable to feed their own population and constantly in a fight against Independents how would they have the time, money, and resources to get vehicles such as an L39 for 8 Million while NATOs cheapest Jet is an AV-8B LGB. While the AV-8B LGB is much more equipped than the L39, it is also much more expensive coming in at $12 Million USD. There is a way to limit vehicles to only have access to certain weaponry and I think this would be a good thing to do in order to balance the vehicles. In regards to equipment, BLUFOR has no Anti-Air Launcher in it's normal shops while OPFOR does. Just another example of how a trash hole communist country in disrepair is somehow better equipped and funded than an organization backed by 29 First World Countries including the United States of America. These are just a few of the issues that I provided as examples, my suggestion is that the developers look into balancing OPFOR and BLUFOR a little bit better. The small things can make all the difference in war.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hey Chance! I see what you mean about the prices, but heres something you might not have considered.

OPFOR are an army in their homeland, they have all of their assets available to them, theres no shipping battalions of tanks etc, so theres no reason for them not to have their equipment available. They are smaller army, backed by Russia as you say, and as such they field ex-russian equipment, which is of a lower standard when compared to that with Blufor.

BLUFOR on the other hand, are a NATO taskforce of peacekeepers in foreign land, far from friendly territory in a landlocked desert. Everything they have there is airdropped in along a long and tedious logistics train, all costing money and taking time. Typically, a lot of Blufor's heavier equipment is more expensive than Opfor's because A) it is not readily available to them in foreign land and B) Blufor equipment is entirely superior to what Opfor can field. Blufor possess modern armour, thermal sights, faster jets and bigger guns on balance.

What it all boils down to is OPFOR is a country that has its military in full force against the insurgent's in its western territory, and fighting border friction with the NATO peacekeepers to the north. BLUFOR are a small force tasked with upholding the peace in Northern Takistan until such a time as the region is capable of doing so itself, and to protect from insurgent attacks.

Hope that clears up for you what you might think is an unbalanced game. The game is meant to be unbalanced to some degree, though the reason for that imbalance is when push comes to shove, Blufor can produce bigger and better equipment.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.