Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Unpopular Idea: NUMEROUS OPFOR LEADERS

Exactly what Giovanni said. It doesn't need to be and hopefully isn't going to be rigid. There just needs to be something.

Alright time for me to intervine, i wasnt orginally going to say something but i see this is exploded into something else. Now you all know me as Kane, Under my leadership of opfor i will not push you around and boss you to do the dirty work, While im leader i have respect for all of my opfor, and all i ask is that i do have some influence on the soliders, i want opfor to not be painted as the bad guy, and were better than the blufor government. i want more RP within the ranks and i wish to delgate power to the other officers and NCOs. So the organization of opfor is not some horrible idea that will burn down in fire. I want opfor to act more like a mechnized force and less hinds/L39s as i get so many complaints and i understand it isnt fun when were completely dominating the sky, The opfor is backed by the russian federation and i wish it to act more like a satellite state rather than a ragtag group of gangsters with big guns

19 minutes ago, Kane said:

Alright time for me to intervine, i wasnt orginally going to say something but i see this is exploded into something else. Now you all know me as Kane, Under my leadership of opfor i will not push you around and boss you to do the dirty work, While im leader i have respect for all of my opfor, and all i ask is that i do have some influence on the soliders, i want opfor to not be painted as the bad guy, and were better than the blufor government. i want more RP within the ranks and i wish to delgate power to the other officers and NCOs. So the organization of opfor is not some horrible idea that will burn down in fire. I want opfor to act more like a mechnized force and less hinds/L39s as i get so many complaints and i understand it isnt fun when were completely dominating the sky, The opfor is backed by the russian federation and i wish it to act more like a satellite state rather than a ragtag group of gangsters with big guns

+1

57 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Doesn't need to be "rigid structure" but there needs to be something. Even disorganized militaries like the TLA need a degree of hierarchy. 

That's the vibe being given off from all of this....That it is going to be made rigid.  Yes they need something but it shouldn't be as formal as blufor, it think that players should be able to have allegiance to different leaders

46 minutes ago, Kane said:

There should be the ability to be lawless though and not just be straight up banned for not complying or some shit idk.  I'm not saying playing INDEP either, I'm saying that there should be 1 main branch of opfor, but a sub branch as well.  An alternative.  The alternative is simply another way to play OPFOR.  Plus, I don't really see the ranks moving very much and I think they'll just get infested.  I think the ranks should honestly be held off for now at this point.

I'm just going to be honest I don't like the idea of players having authority over me.  I look up to the staff as staff, not players.  If someone is actually a leader I will recognize that, also I'm not suggesting that I want to be a leader, but I know my friends will follow me.  I would say we have a good time when we play.  At the least in OPFOR we do need a constructed power struggle.  We should have a main force but also a branch that shoots off.  I just want to be able to have fun without begging for permission to do stuff.  I want to lead my friends across the border for assassinations and terror, as well as pulverize INDEPs, People in KOS/PVP zones and do our own operations.  I hate trying to organize stuff with people that are just set in their ways because we get nowhere.  Like, I never see OPFOR clearing the drug fields or anything, it's always CPA CPA CPA, that's not fun. Some people want to feel like they are actually doing something on the server other than sitting at some damned border all day just to get killed by snipers whether they're blufor or indeps.

18 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

Like, I never see OPFOR clearing the drug fields or anything, it's always CPA CPA CPA, that's not fun. Some people want to feel like they are actually doing something on the server other than sitting at some damned border all day just to get killed by snipers

Last time I've seen Opfor clear drug fields was when me and my bros patrolled in a Hind checking drug fields and mountains for indeps. Now even though drug fields are kos we landed right there dropped a couple guys off and flew around the area about 1 kilometer out keeping an eye on them and the other areas. There's a lot of RP to be had interacting with civs in illegal areas such as negotiating a bribe and guaranteeing their safety.

@Mez and @MadVlad, no one is telling you guys that you can't do the stuff you want to do. I love roleplaying corruption and other situations out of the ordinary just as much as anyone else. I also don't know where you got the idea from that you're going to get banned for non-compliance - the goal is to have things handled within character/roleplay in-game.

I think you guys are misunderstanding the underlying intentions and should at least be open to giving things a try and then giving feedback/criticism as things go along. Nothing is set in stone as far as I'm aware.

10 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

I think you guys are misunderstanding the underlying intentions and should at least be open to giving things a try and then giving feedback/criticism as things go along. Nothing is set in stone as far as I'm aware.

sorry but im one of those change is bad types. big ecksdee

11 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

@Mez and @MadVlad, no one is telling you guys that you can't do the stuff you want to do. I love roleplaying corruption and other situations out of the ordinary just as much as anyone else. I also don't know where you got the idea from that you're going to get banned for non-compliance - the goal is to have things handled within character/roleplay in-game.

Exactly. This whole new system has nothing to do with staff. It is completely RP orientated.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.