Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tengum

Vehicle Painting Guide

FYI... this gets pretty lengthy.

Thought I would take a little time to go over one of my favourite creativity features of this mission that are not very well known - which is Vehicle Painting. Everyone generally has access to the same type of weapons, skins, and vehicles but it's how you put those things to use that makes it unique. Personally, I love to mess with vehicle appearance and modify my vehicles to assert dominance over all the normies hard working players. 

For a small loan of $100,000,  you are able to use the Vehicle Painting Station to turn an ordinary looking vehicle into a swaggalicious looking ride.

Some of the options:

8FUKghD.pngeRvRnCg.png0PtED5L.pngpd4BKdz.pngFgQNN0F.pngw5wuZ6x.png8FUKghD.pngWpyLHUa.pngDgOJnG1.pngXJyXw8d.pngWJ3VlVR.pngiQzFeq6.png

This feature is not limited to the SUV and is available for most vehicles in the game, including some air vehicles. I chose the SUV to demonstrate this just because it is very common. 

To start, Locate one of the Vehicle Painting Stations which can be found all over the map in important areas. They look like this on the map: 

8JTpiPA.png

After you arrive at that location you need to find the flag pole that is ultimately going to be next to some concrete blocks. It looks like this: 

6DwksM5.png

Drive up to the flag and access the painting pop-up from inside the vehicle. It's important to stay out of the area that is boxed off by concrete as that is the virtual area where your vehicle will be during the painting. Do not park inside that area.

dxm6Znq.jpg

Once you have entered painting mode, you will see the above screen and a lot of options for different styles. 

1- First and foremost, this is the section where you can pick which part of your vehicle you are going to be painting. Some vehicles have 1 option which means you are painting the entire vehicle. Other vehicles will have 2, 3, 4, sometimes even 5 options up there which you can select in order to paint different body parts of a vehicle. (Interior, Wheels, Rear Bumper, Roof, Front Bumper, Special features). It varies from vehicle to vehicle and as you can see the SUV only has 1 option. If there are multiple body parts, the one you will have selected will be the one you modify below until you are happy with it and can then select another body part or finish. 

2- Style is the type of painting you are looking for. There are 7 options to pick from. I will have each individually explained below.

3- I usually set the format to RGB. I have not found a use for the rest of the options and assume they do not work.

4- Depending on the style and vehicle you are painting, width will let you stretch out your paint over the selected value. I usually max the width out. Changing this value for some styles (like solid colors) will not affect the paint at all.

5- Just like width, length will let you stretch out your paint over the selected value. I usually max the length out. Changing this value for some styles (like solid colors) will not affect the paint at all.

6- Just like width and length, minimap will let you adjust striping and stretch on some styles. I usually max the minimap out. Changing this value for some styles (like solid colors) will not affect the paint at all.

7- Adjustable values. These will change depending on the style of paint you are using. Fields marked with N/A will not affect the paint at all. 

8- Only applicable when you are using the 'Custom' paint style. You can leave this blank for all other methods.

9- Press this button to apply your entered values and watch your vehicle transform. Make changes to said values as you see fit and keep pressing this button to watch it change with your inputs. 

10- Zoom in and out buttons as well as camera rotation. 

11- Once you are happy with your paint, press this button to apply the selected to your vehicle. This will require $100K on your person and will use those funds up once you press this button. 

Paint Styles:

(1) Color:

Color is one of the easiest and most basic modes of painting. It lets you generate a vehicle color by combining Red Green and Blue values to form a singular color. Once you fill complete step 1-6 (which will be explained below) you will have a chance to enter a value for Red Green and Blue between 0.5 to 1. You will also need to enter a value for Alpha between 0.5 to 1 and this will identify the brightness.

VuTiksq.png

yHupRJT.png

w0apOHF.png

keC4ENV.png

(2) PerlinNoise:

PerlinNoise let's you create a black and white gradient on your vehicle. By adjusting the X scale and Y scale at the bottom, you are able to make a black and white gradient. You can also adjust the height, width and minimap values to adjust your gradient's striping and balance. Always set 'Min' to 1 and leave 'Max' Blank.

AxJ9KAN.png

tRYUZH8.png

RHJpRFp.png

(3) Irridiance:

Irridiance basically applies a slight fade to your paint by adjusting the width, height and the specular value. I usually have the most success when I set specular to 1. Not a very significant style.

r4AZh12.png

sjlgZov.png

GI7XXnH.png

(4) FresnelGlass

I am fairly certain this style is not working properly or I have not learned how to subjugate its beauty yet. Gonna bet money that its broken.  

(5)WaterIrridiance

This one is just like Irridiance...i don't see a ton of difference. Applies fade to your paint by adjusting the width, height and the specular value. I usually have the most success when I set specular to 1. Not a very significant style.

STn1IqW.png

(6) TreeCrown

My personal favourite. Allows you to turn your vehicle into a fucking flamboyant striped zebra to go about your business. Feel free to adjust width and height but I usually leave it maxed. Adjust density value to 10+ digits to see real effect and keep playing with it until you are happy. 

xGabJbo.png

I4l5lIx.png

4ZbdZI8.png

kxY2nnO.png

That's it for now fellas. Hope you enjoy this newfound knowledge and hope to see that swag out on the roads. 

Cheers.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.