Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dereck Frost

Goodbye HINDFOR

Goodbye HINDFOR

So,if any of you reading this do not know,the MIL MI-24 A.K.A the HIND and it's variants the MI-24D/MI24-V/MI-24P,is going to become a War Vehicle in the new rules.Most TLX players consider the MI-24 HIND overpowered which is very true considering the fact OPFOR mostly fight the indeps which does not use equipment as powerfull as OPFOR does(except for certain users which are mostly supporters),players who play as Civilians or BLUFOR  almost always say "Oh the HIND sucks","Ah it's trash","Oh it was produced in 1969 so it's garbage","The gunner doesn't have thermals or night vision so it's fucking trash",when a MI-24 is brought into the conversation.Most of these statements are difficult to deny because,they're very true.

Yes, the MI-24 is an old piece of technology,it's production started in the year of 1969 and still is being produced.Yeah of course it's a very big and heavy helicopter,it's gunner is limited to daylight operations due to the lack of night vision and thermals and that the AH-64D is WAAY better which is something we can all agree considering it's a fairly modern attack helicopter,that can carry weapons more powerfull than the ones the MI-24 can and also the fact that the gunner has access to Thermal and night vision images.

But,considering the MI-24 versions cost between 8 million and 10 (taxes not included) while the AH-64D costs 18 Million,the HIND is a piece of soviet technology that can do it's main purpouse very well,it can carry troops around,destroy armored vehicles,provide safety for their pilots and the troops on the ground while they're confronting theenemy,it also boosts the morale amongst the troops making they believe they have the upper hand and that with a HIND with them will almost certainly guarantee victory for their faction which is proved wrong most of the time by the skilled men present in the indeps faction.

The MI-24 is known to be OPFOR's signature in the TLX community,and is loved by those who devote full time in TLX as OPFOR,and by removing it you're basically taking part of OPFOR.But well,i'm quite sure the community knew already that the removal of HINDs would be inevitable.I don't really know but i assume one of the reasons for the removal is the abuse of HINDs by OPFOR which i believe in the past it has been excessive althought i believe the use of them has been reduced recently or it's just too overpowered to be considered a non war vehicle.But well,probrably the entire staff talked about this decision and i assume our current director,Smidge Griffkin,has agreed.

The removal of the HIND will probrably leave some OPFOR sad knowing that,our symbol has been taken from us by several fair reasons but well,things have to be fair right?The entire community is what matters,not just one faction or other.When i got informed that the HIND will become a War vehicle i was devastaded,it was hard to withstand the shock that i felt that moment and when i thought about all the experiences i went through with the HIND it got even worse,but eventually i got to understand it.I will still devote full time to OPFOR and have full loyalty towards my commander Kane but i can't really say everything is alright.

But as the time goes by me and those who felt the same will eventually move on.The HIND was a big part of my OPFOR experience and i will never forget about it,it will always be a part of me,and i hope those who devote full time to OPFOR feel the same as i do.

BLUFOR members are probrably celebrating the fact that OPFOR lost it's symbol and will probrably be constantly mocking us.But just because we lost one of our most precious belongings,does not mean we have become weakened.We still have valuable assets that can be used and we will never give up for what we fight for.

Some of you are probrably like "Hey Dereck,what the fuck you're talking about man?Just because it became a War Vehicle doesn't mean it just fucking disappeared from the face of ARMA 2's universe"Yes,you are right.But you see,WARs are very rare to happen.Considering the fact the server has been recently brought back up,i don't expect a WAR soon.And if one does happpen,OPFOR will stick to aircrafts because they are the only aircraft we have that has Anti air missiles.Our aircrafts are quite powerfull in the right hands,any aircraft is nice at the right hands.Helicopters are barely used due to the fact that BLUFOR has the AH-1Z Viper which is vastly superior than the MI-24 HIND and also have 2 Sidewinders equipped on it.Being the only helicopter to have anti aircraft missiles installed on it as part of vanilla ARMA 2.Unless R-73 missiles are installed in the KA-52,or IGLAs installed on the MI-24 HIND which is something possible in reality.

Well,after all of this has been said,i just want to say goodbye to the HIND.

May the memories we've had with it never be forgotten.

Leytenánt Dereck

By no means i have the intention to criticize the staff's and director's decision,they're just doing their job into making the community happy.

BIG UPDATE MY DUDES,THE BOIS THAT ACTUALLY TOLD ME IT WAS GONNA BE A WAR VIC WERE WRONG IT AIN'T BECOMING A WAR VEHICLE,GLORY TO OPFOR COMRADES

A poem to the hind

My dear hind, I still have your Yak-b on my mind.

For you flew like a tank. You didn't even cost me my entire bank.

Your presence was great, I knew i would always get a killl or eight.

I could always depend on you. When i needed to rape some blu

For you are now no more. I hope to see you in our next war.

12 hours ago, Mez said:

Make Hind war vic pls, it took 3 M47 missiles and didn't explode

Oof.....  So the flying tank is better at tanking at missles than a regular tank.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.