canadianbacon22

Textbook of suggestions

Some suggestions I've had stuck in my head for a while. Trying to get these all posted before I have to leave my computer. No particular order

- OPFOR should not be allowed at the BLUFOR cap-zone, under "covert ops", before declaring war: this is annoying, and quite frankly, fucking cheap. Countless times has war been declared and OPFOR is already at all 3 capture points. These points are captured within seconds, and the countdown for victory begins within less than a minute of war being declared. I find it disgusting that this has happened with Staff being the majority of players on OPFOR. It's counter-productive for the entire war scenario. I suggest that there be a 5 minute wait-time before OPFOR/BLUFOR are allowed to capture zones, and there will be no OPFOR inside BLUFOR territory when war is declared.

- Disable Bank Robbing when war is declared: Seriously, everything is a shit storm. It's not like BLUFOR even has a chance to take on the bank robber.

- Encourage more ground fighting by reducing the price of lower-end land vehicles such as Humvee's, MTVRs, etc.: In war, everyone jumps for a jet or attack helicopter then everything goes South because air superiority and BLUFOR doesn't have Shoulder Launched AA. Fighting can go on forever if ground vehicles were more common, and aircraft less so.

- Remove Checkpoint Rasman: Alright, this one is going to turn some heads. Rasman is such a shit show nowadays that all server activity goes there. There is very little civilian presence in Rasman; you will have the odd person selling Resources, going to buy Licenses, or going to buy a heli. That's it. Everyone else is there to cause trouble and it takes so much resources from BLUFOR that nothing else can get done. Get rid of CP Rasman and Cops might be able to go more places, and maybe we can have some more role-play.

- Encourage more legal activity: Seriously - up the return investment for doing resources or other things. This will get people moving around, adding more possibility for role-play.

- Get more traffic going between North & South: Make a second Gun-Shop in the South, put certain resources in the South, sell certain high value things in the South, etc. Get people moving, it gives OPFOR something to do, it gives Indeps something to do. etc.

- Make high powered weapons less accessible: Snipers are fucking annoying. They're deadly, and there is too many of them to be successfully dealt with. BLUFOR/OPFOR should be able to get high powered weaponry a little bit easier than Civs/Indeps. They should be a uncommon occassion; not always over Rasman.

That's all for now. More to come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canadianbacon22 said:

- OPFOR should not be allowed at the BLUFOR cap-zone, under "covert ops", before declaring war: this is annoying, and quite frankly, fucking cheap. Countless times has war been declared and OPFOR is already at all 3 capture points. These points are captured within seconds, and the countdown for victory begins within less than a minute of war being declared. I find it disgusting that this has happened with Staff being the majority of players on OPFOR. It's counter-productive for the entire war scenario. I suggest that there be a 5 minute wait-time before OPFOR/BLUFOR are allowed to capture zones, and there will be no OPFOR inside BLUFOR territory when war is declared.

+ fucking 1

2 hours ago, canadianbacon22 said:

- Disable Bank Robbing when war is declared: Seriously, everything is a shit storm. It's not like BLUFOR even has a chance to take on the bank robber.

+1 

10 hours ago, canadianbacon22 said:

-1  Nothing wrong with taking advantage of the situation.

- Encourage more ground fighting by reducing the price of lower-end land vehicles such as Humvee's, MTVRs, etc.: In war, everyone jumps for a jet or attack helicopter then everything goes South because air superiority and BLUFOR doesn't have Shoulder Launched AA. Fighting can go on forever if ground vehicles were more common, and aircraft less so.

- Make high powered weapons less accessible: Snipers are fucking annoying. They're deadly, and there is too many of them to be successfully dealt with. BLUFOR/OPFOR should be able to get high powered weaponry a little bit easier than Civs/Indeps. They should be a uncommon occassion; not always over Rasman.

Big +1 from me, would love to see both of these.

- Encourage more legal activity: Seriously - up the return investment for doing resources or other things. This will get people moving around, adding more possibility for role-play.

- Get more traffic going between North & South: Make a second Gun-Shop in the South, put certain resources in the South, sell certain high value things in the South, etc. Get people moving, it gives OPFOR something to do, it gives Indeps something to do. etc.

+1  Yes yes yes this is big facts and we have been saying it forever!

- Remove Checkpoint Rasman: Alright, this one is going to turn some heads. Rasman is such a shit show nowadays that all server activity goes there. There is very little civilian presence in Rasman; you will have the odd person selling Resources, going to buy Licenses, or going to buy a heli. That's it. Everyone else is there to cause trouble and it takes so much resources from BLUFOR that nothing else can get done. Get rid of CP Rasman and Cops might be able to go more places, and maybe we can have some more role-play.

Interesting... very interesting - first time I have heard anything like this.  I like the way it sounds and look forward to hearing people's thoughts on this matter.  +1

Good thoughts coming out of Señor Bacon's head.  Me like.

You need to learn how to play around against a sniper, sure it will be annoying, but it has limited firepower at a close range. 

Helicopters/Jets will destroy someone who is sniping, aswell as a charge up the mountain. 

If there is a sniper on the hill, keep firing and put as much fire pressure as possible.

+1 to all of these but the one about CPR. Why? Because it’s fun to go in the building beside it with the little hole in the wall and kill blufor from it :D

• Like 1

I +1 to most of it but what do you mean blufor should be able to get better weapons easier than civs/indeps? You keep your weapons when you die so you only need to buy them once *usually* and if you’re tired of snipers use laser degs to find them easy. 

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.