Many have first-handedly felt the pain getting through checkpoint alpha, the struggle manning it and just "It" In general.

Cpa is just a cess pool of pure garbage. From snipers on the surrounding mountains, roadblock spam and retardation surrounding the checkpoint in general I feel I have the perfect solution. If the TLX community encourages the leaders to have these following additions to cpa it would be much better.

• Add a canvas roof or hanger style roof overhead of the checkpoint. This would lower the chances of you getting you head shot off.
  • Add more tank traps, cement dividers and hesco barriers. This would in theory slow incoming traffic down and create a more (calm) cpa.
  • Make the checkpoint more valuable. If more important activities were centered around cpa than there would be more people traveling In between creating interesting scenarios

Be sure to leave a thumbs up and a comment. I am free to help anyone who has a question.

Here's my YouTube channel if your Interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjqXUPc_ULwh-sTY2F00-g

Join TheStrategists [TSTS]

TSTS PIC.png

• Like 2

Checkpoint Alpha is the most important checkpoint in the game and you can buy the camo nets and other items from shops but most people are too lazy to stupid to use them. To deal with snipers just buy thr camo net or get someone to scan the mountains by CPA. This checkpoint never had any problems before but all of a sudden it's the worst thing to exist?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Anonymous User said:

To deal with snipers just buy thr camo net or get someone to scan the mountains by CPA

Scanning the mountains is something we do a lot now, however, unlike the other fortifications, the camo nets cannot be moved once bought. I've spent like 10 minutes looking for the interaction menu with them, resetting TLX keys and all and they are un-interactable, so it would be nice if they were added to CPA by default. Also maybe add a fortification shop to CPA so we don't have to back and forth since OPFOR base is so far from CPA?

• Like 1

CPA isn't that hard to man. If you don't check the hills that's your problem. It's made like this so you have action. What's the point of manning a checkpoint if you have an extremely small chance of conflict. I've manned CPA countless times and for an hour or so at a time and although I will admit it is hectic as fuck and quite annoying to deal with indeps so much, it's what makes the server enjoyable, the unknown factor of enemy contact. If you're on your toes at all time and have a 4 buddies then the chances of you getting killed by indeps is very low

and if it gets too hectic just request blufor to come and help. 90% of the time opfor has asked while I was there, blufor came without a second thought

Edited by S.Russo

22 hours ago, Haqqa said:

Scanning the mountains is something we do a lot now, however, unlike the other fortifications, the camo nets cannot be moved once bought. I've spent like 10 minutes looking for the interaction menu with them, resetting TLX keys and all and they are un-interactable, so it would be nice if they were added to CPA by default. Also maybe add a fortification shop to CPA so we don't have to back and forth since OPFOR base is so far from CPA?

You can't spam camo nets because vehicles cant drive through them, but I have found placing lots of bunkers are more effective giving you hard cover from snipers and explosives,

• Like 1

As said above fortifications can be bought at base and moved to alpha. I strongly encourage this! Bringing a fire team of Ai and an armored vehicle will give you more chances of success. I do agree we need to draw civs to the south to make our presence at alpha more of a “check passports” day instead of independent slaughter 

+1 Please add these...

A lot of indeps will say no to this because they only play indep and do not want to get countered. This is such a good idea and needs to be implemented...

On 6/9/2018 at 1:51 AM, Anonymous User said:

Checkpoint Alpha is the most important checkpoint in the game and you can buy the camo nets and other items from shops but most people are too lazy to stupid to use them. To deal with snipers just buy thr camo net or get someone to scan the mountains by CPA. This checkpoint never had any problems before but all of a sudden it's the worst thing to exist?

You can not use camo nets in Opfor, they're bugged and you can not move them or place them. You can also see through the camo nets unless you spam 50. You also can not really place them on the road cause well, you'll be blocking it and they'll be waiting for it. And people casually accidentally running it over.

• Like 1

I think 1 hangar would be reasonable, or at least some more cover for guys that are there, as they only can hide inside OPF building nearby no-mans-land, a white house at south and maybe inside those small green sheds that have giant windows, but its not a good cover

I'll start by saying '' Get Gud ''. When you go to CPA and you dont check your surronding, knowing their's indep online, it's all on you. When you're Blu4 or Op4, and you don't check your surronding near key points (like Checkpoints, Capzones and Shops) you will be in danger, both from indep and angry civs. You are Cops and Soldier in a warzone. Use your eyes and all the equipments at your disposition. Check, Look, scan, patrol.

Im playing mostly indep, and i encourage people going at CPA and Fortifying it, we're just going to show you what poor peple with AKs can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

+1 Please add these...

A lot of indeps will say no to this because they only play indep and do not want to get countered. This is such a good idea and needs to be implemented...

Hahah you think that will counter us.....? We will just adapt and overcome as per usual... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Hahah you think that will counter us.....? We will just adapt and overcome as per usual... 

If theres an Allah theres a way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Spys "NOOOOOOO" in tf2 :(

Edited by Lt. Col. Stryder

There are not drive trough hangers in Arma 2, what I believe most people in this discussion are talking about is the big green hangers from Arma 3 that only have two side and you can drive straight through. Unfortunately these are not in Arma and there inst anything I can think of that people would be able to drive trough.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.