Sign in to follow this  
Dereck Frost

Vehicle keys issue

I believe that every time a person disconnects from the SERVER <Could be WIFI issues or something else>if they had a vehicle, their keys would disappear and when the individual comes back to enter his vehicle (and if it's locked),it says that the user doesn't have the keys for his own property.And sometimes the vehicle the person owned  wasn't that really cheap so it kinda sucks to lose it.

I do not know if this is supposed to happen or if it is not.

(I do know the currently developers main focus is on the ARMA 3 TLX server but,IF they have time and WISH to fix it <If it's really a real issue or bug>I would be gratefull).

Thank you for your attention. 

Edited by Dereck Frost
  • Like 1

It's not really an issue it's just Arma being Arma though it is known, I don't think there is a way to fix it.

Also related to vehicle keys - precisely the transfer of keys from player to player. I've noticed it rarely works when you try to transfer keys of a vehicle that you own to another player. Personally I've had both success and failure with it. Not sure what makes it fail.

51 minutes ago, Tengum said:

Also related to vehicle keys - precisely the transfer of keys from player to player. I've noticed it rarely works when you try to transfer keys of a vehicle that you own to another player. Personally I've had both success and failure with it. Not sure what makes it fail.

This is just a lil glitchy but if you change skin or die it sometimes fixes the transfer issue. Same thing when selling vehicles changing skins sometimes works.

Vehicle keys are stored in variables that get reset when you leave the game. It's not so much a bug that you don't keep them, it's moreso that they were never designed to be persistent. It's possible to have them save in stats, but then you run into the issue where you start accumulating tons of keys for vehicles that are not in the server anymore.

There are certainly ways to implement it properly but we just never looked into it.

Edited by Giovanni

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.