Sign in to follow this  
Zen

Blufor need a trial peroid

After the whole explosion of blufor we need to set up a  trial period where these people will be judged about their fuck ups of course they need to be seen if they were intentional or not, too many people have join blufor who dont even understand the game and just pass the test by looking at the rules and copying from that, Im gonna make an example of a blufor who decided to  sit on candy cane hill and shoot any civ who  got near the bank, this managed to get him 2 rdm in the span of 5 min, such a thing is not acceptable and should be put under heavy restrictions any one who has any suggestions about feel free to say them cause  i wanna  hear everyones opinion on this. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Staff are able to blacklist people. I will speak to them and have them keep an eye out for it.

As for members who break the rules, please report them and they can be dealt with ASAP. The issue you stated isn’t so much of a Blufor issue, but a person who decided to not follow the rules issue.

8 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Staff are able to blacklist people. I will speak to them and have them keep an eye out for it.

As for members who break the rules, please report them and they can be dealt with ASAP. The issue you stated isn’t so much of a Blufor issue, but a person who decided to not follow the rules issue.

yes  fair enough but it seems like its mainly blufor and with the explosion of new blufor not alot of them understand what they are doing they just pass the test by looking at the rules that are provided  to them when they start the test and copy from the rules book 

50 minutes ago, TheDevilApe said:

After the whole explosion of blufor we need to set up a  trial period where these people will be judged about their fuck ups of course they need to be seen if they were intentional or not, too many people have join blufor who dont even understand the game and just pass the test by looking at the rules and copying from that, Im gonna make an example of a blufor who decided to  sit on candy cane hill and shoot any civ who  got near the bank, this managed to get him 2 rdm in the span of 5 min, such a thing is not acceptable and should be put under heavy restrictions any one who has any suggestions about feel free to say them cause  i wanna  hear everyones opinion on this. 

47 minutes ago, Pearse said:

+1 blufor is full of peoplewho shoot and ask questions later

yes, i notice this a lot in this game

1 hour ago, TheDevilApe said:

yes  fair enough but it seems like its mainly blufor and with the explosion of new blufor not alot of them understand what they are doing they just pass the test by looking at the rules that are provided  to them when they start the test and copy from the rules book 

Nothing has change from how it was before besides them needing a tag to play on it. The rules are provided to get them to actually read the section, hence why some questions are confusing.

it is a blufor issue, i can name atleast 3 people who should be blacklisted by now. if you do anything that angers them just a tad bit, you are getting shot

6 hours ago, Searnoix said:

it is a blufor issue, i can name atleast 3 people who should be blacklisted by now. if you do anything that angers them just a tad bit, you are getting shot

And I can name multiple civilians who shouldn’t be playing here but we give them a chance. It works both ways here.

14 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

I feel like Blufor would RP a bit more/better, if Civ players were to do the same.

It goes both ways..

You are right we are laking a lot of rp on blufors side even tho im not a huge rp player i do try my best to try and  interact with civvies tho it doesnt help  when they are just being cunts about it , thats why we need this trial period and maybe pair the person who is new to the server with someone who has experience a good example is when jake thought  Micheal how to arrest people instead of just kos  

• Like 1

This is the kind of thing cops have to deal with, on top of insurgents giving them a run for their money lol.....

ADA76C73532DC3310B3CF8F65A1FF3ABF5ED3D65 (1360Ã768)

If you come across a player you think is breaking RP/rules, bring it to support and it will be dealt with accordingly.

I am not sure I believe that the Civs are totally to blame, what with the Golden rule and such. But Blufor /should/ be held to a higher standard than any civ, as they have some sort of authority. Though minor, a single Blufor at a bad time can derail the server and perhaps hurt the reputation of new players. That being said, I think this is a good idea, though it would also be a good idea to require all Blufor slots needing a whitelist of some kind before they are allowed to join. I believe a few years ago this did exist, but I see quite a few non-whitelisted people joining Blufor for whatever reason, and they tend to:

A. Get bored of the Server and leave. No harm done. 

B. Get noticed by admins (perhaps after causing minor harm) and being kicked/guided to TS to become qualified.

C. Utterly ruin the RP for anyone around them by enforcing the classic 'KoS all the things' style I see so many Blufor take.

So to reiterate, I personally have lost a lot of faith in Blufor on my time here (most of that was a few years back) but the same problems appear to be in affect. This could serve as a good crash-course to weed out those not fitting of the role. A similar action may be taken for the other non-civilian factions in the future given time, that might really clean up the problems here, but that's an issue for another time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Volk said:

But Blufor /should/ be held to a higher standard than any civ, as they have some sort of authority.

Bluefor should always RP to a high standard.  If Bluefor stop/interact with a civ and the RP is good, then it automatically shows what is expected and the likelihood of RP being reciprocated is higher.  

Hi BTW, ;) - Most of the Taki life servers i've played on ( alot ) have failed at this and it has led to their demise.  Today ( first time on the server ) I saw a few civilians - and a few indeps genuinely trying to RP with hostage situations.  Can't be all bad can it ? 

Looking forward to playing with you all on A2 & A3 

If you want I can dig out the old BB / JG Training manuals...... If you were crap at RP you not pass GO..... 

Edited by sharky

On 28/05/2018 at 4:39 AM, Smidge Griffkin said:

I feel like Blufor would RP a bit more/better, if Civ players were to do the same.

It goes both ways..

I agree

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.