canadianbacon22

Causes & Solutions for the Server

Alright. Like many of you, I've been here for a while. I've seen how many servers work, after being an Admin on multiple servers. Recently, many of you have been drawing attention to how this server can sometimes be a Wasteland-like cesspool. While I do agree with most of you, changing this dynamic into something with a bit more role-play will require a lot of changes - which will change what this server really is.

The problem is the lack of role-play. What seems to be causing the lack of role-play is the constant death-matching between BLUFOR/OPFOR, Indeps, and Civilians. What's causing that is the easy and readily available weapons that people can afford. Why? Because you can spend 30 min, maybe an hour of your time and already have a couple of million dollars - ready to drop that Allahu Akbar on BLUFOR in CPR. Money is too easy to achieve in the current server dynamic.

Seriously - one paycheck can equal one AK. AFK for about 30 minutes and you can farm enough money to seriously get geared up to cause some trouble. It's ridiculous how easy it is to get weapons. And what do people do with weapons? They start up shit. Snipers, in particular, are the most fucking annoying because - often enough - BLUFOR might not have people who can drop 500K to counter an Indep Sniper.

If money was harder to come by, then people would be working more. More people moving around, not killing each other, might just give BLUFOR and OPFOR the chance to role-play the jobs they're supposed to do. Indeps wouldn't endlessly be attacking them, preventing them from RPing. Also, Indeps might resort to smarter operations such a setting up their own checkpoints, collecting taxes, actual kidnappings for ransom, etc.

TL;DR: Money. If money was harder to earn, people would be working more. Less attacking, more working. With less attacking, the server would be calmer and BLUFOR/OPFOR won't have to constantly be devoting their time to fighting Indeps. Maybe we can role-play again.

• Like 5

this could work well but would have to be changed after the next stat wipe not immediately as some people already have millions so it would give those players an unfair advantage to those starting off, i have 45 million right now which basically makes it so i can do anything i want at this point as soon as you breach the 20 mill point you can just faff around, if there was significant changes to the money earning system there would also need to be changes to the way we spent money too, maybe we can add more activities or events for players to spend money on because right now the only two things people can do with money is buy licenses and farm with it to make more or spend it on guns and explosives to blow up cops and opfor occasionally i will go diamond mining just to entertain myself for 20 minutes with hopes of some RP event happening on the way but other then that there aren't much ways to spend money it's either guns or work needs 

civi point of view ^ 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CrazyAsian said:

this could work well but would have to be changed after the next stat wipe not immediately as some people already have millions so it would give those players an unfair advantage to those starting off, i have 45 million right now which basically makes it so i can do anything i want at this point as soon as you breach the 20 mill point you can just faff around, if there was significant changes to the money earning system there would also need to be changes to the way we spent money too, maybe we can add more activities or events for players to spend money on because right now the only two things people can do with money is buy licenses and farm with it to make more or spend it on guns and explosives to blow up cops and opfor occasionally i will go diamond mining just to entertain myself for 20 minutes with hopes of some RP event happening on the way but other then that there aren't much ways to spend money it's either guns or work needs 

civi point of view ^ 

That is true. And implementing it after a wipe would be the only logical way to proceed.

• Like 2

+1

This is good thinking -- if money is harder to come by people will actually use the other 90% of the map that currently is completely deserted.  Also, this does not mean people who want to commit crime will be unable to do so, as there will just be more stick-ups and drug running instead of civilian tank battles and dogfights.  Another benefit is that Opfor & Blufor will actually have to man the various checkpoints, unless they want a bunch of millionaire civilians up their ass.

Edited by Smitty

+1

This seems like a good idea, and I fully support adding more Roleplay through making weaponry much more difficult to get, not only through a lower amount of income but perhaps an increased expense of purchasing certain weaponry.

We are doing an overhaul for prices currently, which I believe is the biggest problem seeing that it affects not just one faction but all factions. Thanks for the suggestion!

I like this idea. I don't think any overhauls we had in mind considered making simple weaponry more accessible. We were certainly looking at making vehicles for OPFOR/BLUFOR more accessible in terms of pricing. But I don't believe handheld weaponry was a huge priority for us. This could be considered alongside changes in paychecks. It'd be interesting to see how it would turn out. I'd like to see it, even if it just means it takes that little bit more time to get your hands on a rifle.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.